Notices

Loto snow damage.

Old 12-01-2006, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Loto snow damage.

Damage to the boat is the responsibility of the boat owner. This is an act of God. Only chance to have the marina or dock builder cover the damage is if it can be proven that the docks were poorly engineered and/or constructed. Have been taking boat claims all day from LOTO and the damage is all over the lake area. Good luck to those with docks still standing.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:13 PM
Registered

The amount of loss there is unreal. Just between the Moorings and Port Arrowhead, you talking tens of millions of $. That is just two of many. Almost all large docks have damage and an unimaginable number of personal docks. Some of the pictures are sickening.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:36 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We went thru the same thing in '04 New Yrs day. The East/West docks got wiped out. 3 ft of snow on the South side of the roof, not a speck on the North side. Several boats went under. All boat claims were the owners responsibilites. The marina raised the boats and charged each owner $10k+ for their couple hrs of labor. Some of the docks that had no boats under them sunk to the roof, then raised back up as the snow melted with hardly any damage. The year round ones shown in the pics, obviously totaled. Now have brand new docks with an increase in slip fees of $1000 across the board. So marina gets all new docks and raised the slip fees. I think they were jumping up and down with joy.

Have tons of more pics, it is a sad sight.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 12-02-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:41 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

That's very sad.Have they ever thought about installing heat or elec. etc to keep the roofs clean.Just asking cause a marina up my way was looking into.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
We went thru the same thing in '04 New Yrs day. The East/West docks got wiped out. 3 ft of snow on the South side of the roof, not a speck on the North side. Several boats went under. All boat claims were the owners responsibilites. The marina raised the boats and charged each owner $10k+ for their couple hrs of labor. Some of the docks that had no boats under them sunk to the roof, then raised back up as the snow melted with hardly any damage. The year round ones shown in the pics, obviously totaled. Now have brand new docks with an increase in slip fees of $1000 across the board. So marina gets all new docks and raised the slip fees. I think they were jumping up and down with joy.

Have tons of more pics, it is a sad sight.

Looks poorly designed.......sucks BIG time!
Old 12-01-2006, 06:33 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
I know! It looks like 5-6 inches.
not much for Chi-Town...LOL BZ
Old 12-01-2006, 06:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I remember many freezing rain/sleet storms with multiple inches of snow afterwards. Extremely heavy. I don't miss Wisconsin, but have to deal with other unfortunate weather conditions living in the south. I feel bad for you all, hope it all works out. Jeff
Old 12-01-2006, 07:00 PM
Banned

so far 23 of the biggest marinas including port arrowhead, marine maxx, searay heaven has sustained serious damage or were totally destroyed, there are thousands of private docks with damage and water patrol reported thousands of boats being in the water or submerged, all of these boats will have to be rewinterized, what a nightmare. port arrowhead has over 200 huge searays, only 1 dock remains, and they just got in a new 60' searay which was severly damaged, we are talking probably in the hundred s .of millions of damage . this will definately affect some insurance companies big time.heading down tomorrow will report back.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Wow Thats awful!

The buildings and structures dont look like they are built
for snow loads..
Old 12-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Registered

loto vs. havasu ?

Quick Reply: Loto snow damage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.