Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Tested 33' Powerplay today >

Tested 33' Powerplay today

Notices

Tested 33' Powerplay today

Old 11-02-2001, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That happened about 5 years ago, my understanding is that some structural changes had been made to lighten the boat. Powerplay has always built a very solid boat.
Old 11-02-2001, 11:28 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
SreaminDemon,
Powerplay does build a great rock-solid boat. If you think that there are ANY boats out there that are impervious to breaking apart in rough water (Oceans or lakes) you are wrong. There is NO boat made on earth that is bulletproof from mother nature. Look at the fit and finish on a Powerplay and you can see how well they are made, or go to the factory and "Bosco" will give you the grand tour and see how well they are made.
Old 11-03-2001, 09:18 AM
OopSeaDazey

Semper Fi - not sure i agree with that statement; if the manufacturer constructs the boat correctly, it should last forever no matter what waters it is run in. I have seen many old Cigarette, Signature, Magnum race boats that were used in the "Real" racing days of rough water that are structurally sound and will be around for many years to come.

Old 11-03-2001, 10:03 AM
wavemaker

I'm finding it hard to believe a boat would dive through 20' of water and hit the bottom of the ocean then break apart.

Old 11-03-2001, 11:19 AM
Options

Wavemaker- PP said 12' not 20' and if traveling only 60 mph thats 88 feet per second! You dont think a boat can submarine to a depth of 12' in .136 second? Think again!

Old 11-03-2001, 12:34 PM
wavemaker

He said it was 12' waves. I was assuming that the area they race in in KW is atleast 20' deep. Actually since I just typed that I wonder if anyone really knows more about it other than a the boat broke in half.

Old 11-03-2001, 01:29 PM
ScreaminDemon

Options...WRONG!!! I have been in many boats over the years and getting a v-hull to submarine (go completely underwater) seems impossible...maybe take some heavy water over the deck at most, but hit bottom? A cat, yeah...a deep v, i REALLY, REALLY doubt it!

[ 11-03-2001: Message edited by: ScreaminDemon ]

Old 11-03-2001, 02:25 PM
Ozzie

I believe it was in the ship's channel.If a cruise ship can run there it has to be pretty deep. More than 12'.

Old 11-03-2001, 02:45 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Correct me if I am wrong ... but ... At a S.C.O.P.E. meeting a few years back, Bob Teague was the guest speaker ... I believe he told us of stuffing a V, himself, and hitting bottom.

Old 11-03-2001, 02:59 PM
Registered

Go to Freeze Frame's video section and click on the first video. I don't know what kind of boat it is, but if that isn't breaking apart, I don't know what is. Nothing but water involved.

http://www.freezeframevideo.net/Video/video1.htm

Quick Reply: Tested 33' Powerplay today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.