Notices

Boat wreck video

Old 12-16-2006, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Boat wreck video

It seems to me he goes off the throttle to slow down and the bow splashes hard in the water because of the deacceleration and I think the driver then tries to make a left turn when the boat is not in balance to do so. But frankly I am not sure.
It does look strange, but I find it hard to believe that it could happen if the driver did not turn the steering wheel.
I can't see any wakes on the video that should be causing the boat to get so much out of control.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:30 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Accidents will happen, it's all about how we prepared for the unexpected. Its just another reason to wear life jackets anytime your running hard...and not those silly suspenders. They would have been worthless with that impact.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
He sure looked like he had it trimmed to the moon!
Bingo
Old 12-16-2006, 04:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Chilling to watch.

Reminds everyone to be safe out there and boat with in your limits.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I Agree Too Much Trim With No Tabs
Its A Possibility That He Was Thrown From His Seat And He Had His Lanyard On Wich Would Have Killed The Engines Causing The Bow To Drop And Hook And At That Speed You Cant Stop The Chain Of Events. Sad Never The Less
Old 12-16-2006, 04:46 PM
Registered

Man, that is trully hard to watch. I can't imagine having something like that happen.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

wow, looks like he hit the wave at the very beginning of his turn and was coming off the throttles at the same time, so as he came off/down the roller, when he hit the front caught and spun the back and barrel rolled.almost the same reaction as grabbing the front brake on a motorcycle...
Old 12-16-2006, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

'90-91 hydraulic steering wasn't as common then either even on alot of boats with HP. That can leave you will a handful if your trying to correct, and mechanical systems more likely to fail in a high load situation.

but overall yea, alot of bad things happening at once, some unknown I'm sure.

I hate to say this, but coming by spectators can be a factor in pushing a little too hard...ie speed and trim.
He definitely had the boat too loose, about as loose as it got for that boat it looks. Off camber wave or not, if he was watching the water chances are he would have seen it before he got there, and knowing he was bringing the boat around some, would have tucked it in a little.
We've all been taken by suprise and know it's just too late to make setup adjustments when it going under the front of the boat...

horrible, chilling video. The most chilling is knowing they had a few seconds knowing what was happening, and going to happen...

Last edited by Rippem; 12-16-2006 at 04:54 PM.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:53 PM
Registered

Me and Bill got thrown out three years ago in key West at about 75-80, and I tell you it happens so quick, however there is that split second you know you're up $#it creek with certainly no paddle. The Lifeline jackets definetly stopped a lot of the impact. It is a very humbling experience. it makes you respect the water a lot more!!!
Old 12-16-2006, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is that a 32 Hustler?

Quick Reply: Boat wreck video

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.