Notices

Marina Fees

Old 01-22-2007, 02:10 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Re: Marina Fees

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
I think if you check theres a lot of used nice shape trucks out there, I gave up we had racks and the guys were banging up the keels of some boats mine was one. they would say you most of hit something and thats why we I have insurance they droped 2 boats in one yr not covered by them they say. I am back to trailer time
I first started with the rack and it's definetely rough on the bottom. I've seen everything working at the marina, both personally and on other customers boats. The only way to do it right is to ask the marina to give you an "assigned" rack that you can cover with several layers of carpet. Step Bottom boats took the worst abuse from rack storage.

I have a Suburban 2500 now and it doesn't cut it for long hauls. I got the Burban instead of pick-up because I needed to travel for business and entertain etc. The Burban was perfect when I had the Scarab Panther but now it's obsolete for the Apache.

If I sold the Burban I'd have to get two vehicles; a car and the truck. Then I'd be paying insurance on 3 vehicles, one of which I never use. I'm not going to sell the Burban so I can get an old truck and a Honda... I guess I'll just have to work harder... My wife thinks I'm crazy, I just tell her you need to have goals...

Then there's the other frustrating part of trailering..... It takes a heck of a lot more time to put the boat in the water, believe me I'm always waiting at the ramp for my friends to launch their boats...it sucks! You literally have to plan your whole day around launching/hauling and your trip. For me trailering makes sense when it's a smaller boat.

aving a lift at the marina all I have do is pack the cooler and drive down to the marina and lower it into the water. At the end of the day I push the "up" button and take it out of the water. It also helps when you're getting back to the marina at 12-1 am from a night out with some friends.

Last edited by Panther; 01-22-2007 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macklin
OMG! Thanks for putting things in perspective there Nort!!

I'm paying just under $10 per foot for my high and dry indoor storage. I think wet slips are going for about the same around here.

Ha! I just got my statement, and I was wrong. It's $955.50 a month plus utilities. That $22.75 a foot...and they are charging me for 42 feet for some reason. I'm certainly not going to tell them it's longer!
Old 01-23-2007, 08:02 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Ha! I just got my statement, and I was wrong. It's $955.50 a month plus utilities. That $22.75 a foot...and they are charging me for 42 feet for some reason. I'm certainly not going to tell them it's longer!

That stinks.... Maybe they charge you by the size of the slip rather than the length of the boat? The state marinas do that around here.

I paid my storage bill last night and I on the other hand made a mistake in the opposite direction! It's $125 ft. plus tax so it's $4800 for the summer season! It's pretty cool when you find yourself with an extra grand!