what would you do? (boatme) >

what would you do? (boatme)

Notices

what would you do? (boatme)

Old 01-29-2007, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: what would you do? (boatme)

I hope you guys can come to an agreement and both be happy.

I personally would have NEVER allowed the seller to get his own survey......what were you thinking??? I would have had another survey done by a surveyor of my choice.

I also would have had the owner there at when finalizing the deal and ran a sea trial to make sure everything was good to go. Sorry, Fubard, but I think you were somewhat "negligent" in making sure the "terms" were met at time of sale.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by fubard
why dont you defend wht other people are saying how another person said youwoned the warf and another saying he thought you owned manning trailer. why arent you correcting there statements........phone records show that day how many times you called me, for what??? why would a person call sooo many times, you knew i would be there by 5pm and you agreed not to leave before i got there because you knew the final seatrail was to take place..... and you left...
Just a guess, but, If my bride-to-be (in a few hours) was on my azz to get to the wedding, I'd be calling every time she asked me to - I've got to live with her the rest of my life, don't want to start out this way.

In regards to owning a trailer Co., or Marina - what difference does it make? This was a deal between two individuals. I'm not saying this is the case in this transaction, but I've been guilty of stretching the truth in the past, I think everyone has.

We all had our college days, and don't tell me that anyone here has ever not stretched the truth to "seal the deal" at a bar with a little hottie while in there 20's
Same deal.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

im not here to care about what you guys think, marc didnt post his blog accurately, so i was just telling the correct version. Im not slamming anybody or implying anything i read what marc wrote on here and just wanted it to be accurate other than that... i dont care, everybody has opions

I feel like im at "coffee talk" on SNL im getting vaclempt talk among yourselfs lolololol that funny i dont care who you are.....HAVE A QUALITY DAY
Old 01-29-2007, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fubar,

Not trying to keep this going, but it just doesn't make sense to me.

Did you really schedule time to have a second sea trial? I find it hard to believe that Marc would have left you with the boat if you didn't pay for the boat in full. I also find it hard to believe that you would have wired/handed off money before hand if there really was a second sea trial dependent on sale.

Did you sign a sales agreement and slip money under the door?

Since Marc wasn't there I have to assume that you wired the money to him beforehand and he already had a signed sales agreement therefore you probably had no intention of meeting with him.

--Columbo
Old 01-29-2007, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll answer two more questions just cause fubar seems to find it important

NO i NEVER Owned the Wharf Marina nor did I imply that I did at any time
I was however General Manager during the time i was there

Second Yes I did own Manning trailers at one time and No i dont own it now

Both items can be verified
Old 01-29-2007, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Say Marc, I think U can remove the 98 Cig. in your personal profile!
Old 01-29-2007, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

boatme - I didn't mean to imply you personally embellished the truth - just that I could see how it could happen.
I still don't see it's relevance to the point at hand anyway.
Personally, I would feel bad for the guy, but at the same time, I have to admit I'd feel a little relief that it sold before I had problem with it myself.
I think you did the right thing by offering to help out in repairs - more than the right thing.
And the fact that you asked the question here while this was going on shows integrity.
I'm good with that.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 881 Likes on 478 Posts

WHEW! That was a novel's worth of reading!

Fubard, sucks you bought a boat that had issues but atleast Marc asked OSO members what he should do to make it right and he sent you something ($1,000 or so).

Now Marc and I have sparred online over a few things so you know I would love to hammer him on this one but I think he just embellished a bit and sold you a hi-performance boat with lots of hours on it.

I think he spun the after story to his favor but I don't think he sold you the boat knowing that it had a bad motor. He is well known in the industry and I don't think he would tarnish his reputation for a few thousand dollars.

Good luck but I think I hear the bell ringing and this will soon be a locked thread. Fubard, welcome to OSO and you have a cool boat that probably runs great now so hope to see you at some Florida Poker Runs.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
WHEW! That was a novel's worth of reading!

Fubard, sucks you bought a boat that had issues but atleast Marc asked OSO members what he should do to make it right and he sent you something ($1,000 or so).

Now Marc and I have sparred online over a few things so you know I would love to hammer him on this one but I think he just embellished a bit and sold you a hi-performance boat with lots of hours on it.

I think he spun the after story to his favor but I don't think he sold you the boat knowing that it had a bad motor. He is well known in the industry and I don't think he would tarnish his reputation for a few thousand dollars.

Good luck but I think I hear the bell ringing and this will soon be a locked thread. Fubard, welcome to OSO and you have a cool boat that probably runs great now so hope to see you at some Florida Poker Runs.

Jupiter
Hey it is winter and everyone is bored so something new on this board and it gets legs I get to be the reason for all the controversy

Jupiter all is good

by the way we need to talk i think i can do a nice plaque for you of the pics in Powerboating in Paradise

nice shots you had in the Mag

Last edited by boatme; 01-29-2007 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
boatme - I didn't mean to imply you personally embellished the truth - just that I could see how it could happen.
I still don't see it's relevance to the point at hand anyway.
Personally, I would feel bad for the guy, but at the same time, I have to admit I'd feel a little relief that it sold before I had problem with it myself.
I think you did the right thing by offering to help out in repairs - more than the right thing.
And the fact that you asked the question here while this was going on shows integrity.
I'm good with that.
Bouyhunter
yea was a strange deal Boat ran good right up till it went to florida then boom it breaks the test ride was great and was a nice time on the water was the last time it was run untill it was taken down south

if you look at the pics in my original post it was just a wear item no way to know till it went

oh well

Quick Reply: what would you do? (boatme)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.