Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Smallest bikini in the world. Hey now! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/15059-smallest-bikini-world-hey-now.html)

Allan 01-06-2002 08:20 PM

Smallest bikini in the world. Hey now!

Sorry. The only thing that get's your attention is a big motor, fast boat or a naked women on a fast boat. Wait a minute, I'm the same way! Anyway, I hope all you guy's read this, I think you'll like it.

OK. After speaking to Dragnass and his current situation with his boat, I started thinking. Here is what I came up with. We all look at the reviews of Hot Boat, Power Boat and other's of this nature to make a decision on purchasing a new boat, maybe we ask a few friend's what they think and then we order the boat.
Heres the problem. When these magazines test performance boat's, the MFG's bring there absolute best boat's in quality and speed. The magazines are reluctent to say anything bad about the MFG's because they would be biting the hand that feeds them. So what the consumer get's is only the good thing's that the boat's are, and never the bad trates.

Nobody really test's these boat's the way they should be tested. There are two thing's that can be done to help the consumer. One is the magazines that are testing the boat's can come to the MFG's factory and randomly pick a boat to test. We all know that won't work. If I owned a boat building company, I would not advertise with a magazine that bashed one of my boat's. I think that OSO and other boating clubs and web sites should have a section or questionare for people who own boat's to express the level's of product excellence and most important of all customer service. This should be able to be viewed the same way all of the MFG discussion areas are on this site, to make it simple for someone looking to buy a boat can determine which one is best for them. At the end of the year it should be sent to all the boating magazines and we should find a way to make them print it. They should have no problem doing so, because this will not be from there testing people but from the subscriber's. Who ever earns top honers in customer service and quality (they should be seperate award's) should be awarded for it, by having a full page to congratulate them for taking care of there customer's. i think it is after the sale that is the most important, that's when you know the factory takes pride in what they build and want's a happy customer.

We have all heard horror stories from people who spent there hard earned money and put there trust in a MFG, only to be disappionted, misrepresented and ignored when defect's arrise. I think it is time to put a stop to it, so everyone can enjoy performance boating the way it was intended.

Let's all work on a format that will work and post it here. Maybe with everyones ideas, we can help boaters from making a mistake in purchasing a new boat and at the same time hold all MFG's accountable for the way they take care of there customers.

Sorry for being long winded, but I think this can help alot of people.
:D :D

Shorgasm 01-06-2002 08:25 PM

What'd you say???? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Shorgasm 01-06-2002 08:43 PM

Please to gawd...........somebody say something interesting....... :rolleyes:

Crazyhorse 01-06-2002 08:49 PM

Wow man, surf's up. Interesting enough? :D :D

mxz800 01-06-2002 09:06 PM

did i miss the bikini part :confused: :confused:

traviss 01-06-2002 09:12 PM

he's talking about that little bikini shorgasm wore for him when they took a vacation to saugatuck michigan :eek:

MACDAD260 01-06-2002 09:19 PM

Travis,

I think it is spelled Sausagetuck. ;) ;)

Ted G 01-06-2002 09:25 PM

That would be here:
http://users.erols.com/insptech/cj_7621.jpg

:D :eek:

flylevel 01-06-2002 09:33 PM

When you are in Sausagetuck the bikini better say "Exit Only" on the back!! :eek:

mxz800 01-06-2002 09:34 PM

Ted i am proud of a fellow cheas. bay boater for posting such a fine pic as you have done. i feel we should all take this as an example of why we are on this board! :eek: :D :D

BryanTuvell 01-06-2002 09:34 PM

INSPTECH, is that your boat? http://users.erols.com/insptech/boat1.jpg

I checked out your directory and pic's, just curious...

If the above link is your woman, you rock!

Give us more.....

traviss 01-06-2002 09:39 PM

yes, thats how it is spelled macdad260 :D :D my bad :D :D

Ted G 01-06-2002 09:40 PM

Yes, that's my boat....No, that's not my woman.
Thank God! I do not have the cash to maintain a high performance unit like that!!! :eek:

Nagivator 01-06-2002 09:54 PM

I always thought the smallest bikini was a cork ;)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 01-06-2002 10:02 PM

Strange cocktail in her hand eh? What's with the Mohawk? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Allan 01-06-2002 10:22 PM

Catmando, thanks for noticing something. That's a plus :D Navagator, your answer was right ;) And what was I thinking, just let everyone find out who sucks and who doesn't on thier own :confused: Who wants to help a fellow boater anyway :confused: Now I remember why I usualy don't post to much on this sight :rolleyes: Sorry I'll try not to again :D

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: Allan ]

Ted G 01-06-2002 10:31 PM

Allan, I for one am sorry for pulling this thread off course. Your idea has merit and it would be nice to be able to put something together. The only problem might be getting more than one opinon on a particular boat. I would think that Jeffrey could put a rating section together and see what people put in there. After all, people are always happy to brag(or rag) on their stuff :D

Allan 01-06-2002 10:41 PM

Thanks Insptech. I think that it will be good to see different opinions on the same boats. It seems that no boat is made the same, but it would be nice to see an MFG stand behind there product all the time and not just because they like you, unlike what is happening to Dragnass and others :) Maybe if people new they could go somewhere to see how an MFG handles people it might help :D

SHARKEY-IMAGES 01-07-2002 12:13 AM

:eek: :eek: Forcast says 4-5' rollers :eek: :D :D

Hot Boat 01-07-2002 12:41 AM

Troutly that was bad.... really.... really ..... bad..... :( :( :(

NW_Jim 01-07-2002 01:04 AM

Troutly, :eek: :eek:
Check these out. I'm not going off topic Allan, you started it.

Tiny Bikini 1
Tiny Bikini 2
Tiny Bikini 3
Tiny Bikini 4
:D :D

sy goldberg 01-07-2002 08:24 AM

Hey Troutly! How are you geeting her to the Miami show? Will she be going as a passenger(s) or as freigt? Where is the hull ID number?

sy goldberg 01-07-2002 08:27 AM

It's early and I'm spelling like Puder,I apoligize.

Fever500 01-07-2002 08:33 AM

Here is a link to some great small bikinis:

Click here ... Rated R

Be sure to check out the Contributors section as well as the Gallery!

C_Spray 01-07-2002 08:39 AM

(Back on-topic): I've learned a lot from cruising the Owners Forums here on OSO. Some are full of nightmare stories about service, maintenance, etc. and others seem to be full of happy owners.

As far as reviews go, I thought that Powerboat's were about as objective as they get. At least they listed "Highs" and "Lows". Once you read enough of their reviews, you could sort of read between the lines. Eric Colby has brought some of this approach to Boating since he went over there a few years back.

As near as I can tell, if a magaxine tests a boat and it is really bad, they just don't publish the test...

sy goldberg 01-07-2002 09:39 AM

It's early and I'm spelling like Puder,I apoligize.

NW_Jim 01-07-2002 06:59 PM

C-Spray - The topic WAS "Smallest bikini in the world. Hey now!" :D :D :D

elimi 01-07-2002 07:12 PM

Great idea Allan. Even if it's just stories about how each manufacturer deals with customers(good or bad) then that way eveyone who buys a boat won't have to pay $30,000 to $1,000,000 to find out they are dealing with a piece o' **** company!All you have to do is staRT it now.

Nagivator 01-07-2002 07:16 PM

Allan are you a salesman? That was a bait and switch ploy if I ever saw one....Yeah let me show you the swimming pool full of girls in bikinis....and now that you're here...Don't get upset because they were all expecting bikinis! Valiant try anyway.At least you weren't post hoin :D :D :D

laster 01-07-2002 07:20 PM

Sorry Catmando but I think that you are fighting for one of them thar lost "cause's" :D. It's a "loosing" :D battle.

insptech - you're off topic - that was a one piece not a bikini. (not complaining mind you, just an observation) :D

Ted G 01-07-2002 07:56 PM

OK laster, now you hurt my feelings. I'm going to have to drag out the big guns :eek:

click here R Rated
:eek: :D

spitfire1 01-07-2002 09:27 PM

Oh geez...........

mxz800 01-07-2002 09:37 PM

i see inspectech finally posted a pic of his whole poker run crew :D

SHARKEY-IMAGES 01-07-2002 09:55 PM

:D :D :D

spitfire1 01-07-2002 10:01 PM

disregard..........accept my apologies.......I'm goin to bed.

;)

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: Spitfire1 ]

GO4BROKE 01-07-2002 10:04 PM

I guess I'm not the only one who has noticed how slanted the magazine ratings are. It would be nice to see a boat evaluation that doesn't factor in the advertising budget!

Ted G 01-07-2002 10:44 PM

You can see that type of boat test in Powerboat Reports and they do a fairly good job of holding the manufacturers to the fire. The only problem is when they find something wrong, the boat maker writes back dutifully and says they will fix that problem, but do they?? I suppose that if i read about a specific problem I would look for it, but it still might not kill a deal if it isn't fixed.
Come on boys(and girls), let's trash them all and let the boating God sort it out :D

Allan 01-07-2002 11:04 PM

I really like the comments made here :D A few things I want to add. River girl,The point of printing the results are to publicly reward the MFG's on really caring about their quality and customer service on a consistant basis. Not all hot boaters know about OSO, unfortunatly :) I noticed that someone mentioned we should learn to read between the lines of what the boat testing people are trying to say when it comes to the bad things found on a boat. My point is we should not have read between the lines at all :( It's sad that we spend the kind of money that we do, and subscribe to these magazines when they are really working together to slant the truth about a boat. I think that editoral and advertising departments should alway's be kept seperate, but I guess it's just not reality. A section in OSO and other web sites would make an MFG think twice about how they treat there customers :D The best advertising in the world is a happy customer :D I am sorry about my twisted way of getting this topic started, but if you look in the topics section, I first listed this as "Important to read if you are buying a new boat." No one responded because there were no boob's involved :D I still like the cork for a bikini myself :D

Allan 01-07-2002 11:25 PM

Navigator. I am sort of a salesman. I own a high end woodworking company, and I do the sales end of it :D Thanks for the compliment :) . If you want to see furniture that truly looks as cool as an awsome performance boat, my web site is europeandesign.net And no, I am not trying to sell anything :D Here we go again, bait and switch :p

BD 24VIP 01-08-2002 01:02 AM

Hey Allan!! How's things goin' down there in the flatlands?? :) Any winter upgrades for our future, I mean, your boat??!!
Brad