Like Tree0Likes

600sci experience?

Reply
Old 05-18-2011, 10:38 AM
  #61
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Dean Ferry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Merritt Is. Fl. USA
My Boats: 2006 Hustler 388, 2004 Hustler Talon 25, 1999 30 Spectre cat and 2007 21' hydrostream voyager w/ Merc. 225 EFI
Posts: 6,580
Default

Wonder if these headers will fix any "Potential" 600sci header problems? Are the heads on the HP525, 600sci, 700sci all the same, since they are all 502's based blocks? I thought I read that some where or heard it.... I went to merc racing website, but they didn't show that in the specs?
Thanks,

http://www.monstermarinestore.com/pr...=1211&incat=59
__________________
Everything is for sale @ a certain $$
Dean Ferry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:20 AM
  #62
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Dean Ferry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Merritt Is. Fl. USA
My Boats: 2006 Hustler 388, 2004 Hustler Talon 25, 1999 30 Spectre cat and 2007 21' hydrostream voyager w/ Merc. 225 EFI
Posts: 6,580
Default

Ttt
__________________
Everything is for sale @ a certain $$
Dean Ferry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:26 PM
  #63
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 150
Default

I have been told that the merc 600 and 700 are the same block and heads.. in fact all identical except cam and intercooler and program and pulley. I don't know about the 525. I have not had any problems with the headers at all.
relaxalot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:30 AM
  #64
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Dean Ferry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Merritt Is. Fl. USA
My Boats: 2006 Hustler 388, 2004 Hustler Talon 25, 1999 30 Spectre cat and 2007 21' hydrostream voyager w/ Merc. 225 EFI
Posts: 6,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxalot View Post
I have been told that the merc 600 and 700 are the same block and heads.. in fact all identical except cam and intercooler and program and pulley. I don't know about the 525. I have not had any problems with the headers at all.
R,

I'm waiting to hear from someone at Merc racing about whether or not these stellings will work on the 600sci.

W/ 175 hours on your engine/headers, that's really good. I'm really interested in helping get more H2O flow to this engine....
I might have to call somebody...

Also, does everyone have smartcraft on their 600's?
Thanks,
Dean
__________________
Everything is for sale @ a certain $$

Last edited by Dean Ferry; 05-24-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Dean Ferry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:16 PM
  #65
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 150
Default

Whipple has the fix for more water flow. I have it on my motor. It is a water reroute with a separate pickup that feeds the intercooler only. The drive was drilled out and the top three vertical holes were sealed because I think it was sucking air with my cat hull. This may not be necessary for all hulls. The motor is fed through the drive. The intercooler dump is now dumped overboard instead of into the header. This fixed all of my problems. I did the stage 3 reprogram and changed the pulley, rerouted the water, changed the water fittings, added an additional strainer for the intercooler, separate pickup for the intercooler. My boats performance improved alot. Mid range accelleration is improved. Holeshot is great, top speed improved. I run pump gas 91 and perform frequent maintenance. I do not have smartcraft on my boat. Why don't you ask Stelling if their headers fit? I am not sure but I believe the header problem was fixed around 2007. My motor is a 2007. I guess time will tell. If you have the 600's have Whipple reprogram them and you will be amazed. 150 more hp per side....wow.
relaxalot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:34 PM
  #66
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Dean Ferry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Merritt Is. Fl. USA
My Boats: 2006 Hustler 388, 2004 Hustler Talon 25, 1999 30 Spectre cat and 2007 21' hydrostream voyager w/ Merc. 225 EFI
Posts: 6,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxalot View Post
Whipple has the fix for more water flow. I have it on my motor. It is a water reroute with a separate pickup that feeds the intercooler only. The drive was drilled out and the top three vertical holes were sealed because I think it was sucking air with my cat hull. This may not be necessary for all hulls. The motor is fed through the drive. The intercooler dump is now dumped overboard instead of into the header. This fixed all of my problems. I did the stage 3 reprogram and changed the pulley, rerouted the water, changed the water fittings, added an additional strainer for the intercooler, separate pickup for the intercooler. My boats performance improved alot. Mid range accelleration is improved. Holeshot is great, top speed improved. I run pump gas 91 and perform frequent maintenance. I do not have smartcraft on my boat. Why don't you ask Stelling if their headers fit? I am not sure but I believe the header problem was fixed around 2007. My motor is a 2007. I guess time will tell. If you have the 600's have Whipple reprogram them and you will be amazed. 150 more hp per side....wow.
R,
Thanks for all your real world data, hopefully I'll get to use it!

A dealer called Stellings for me, and stellings said that they have installed their HP525 headers on 700sci's, and of course HP525's, but not a 600sci, so they wan't me to check with Merc Racing.
The ones I'm looking at are 2006 600sci's....
Thanks,
Dean
__________________
Everything is for sale @ a certain $$
Dean Ferry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:00 PM
  #67
Registered
 
Whipple Charged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Fresno, CA, 93722, USA
My Boats: Engine, speed, powerboats, Outerlimits SV43 with Whipple 1375SCI's
Posts: 1,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWPC View Post
Is there a Whipple application for a 05 575sci. I am running an Imco SCX upper with SC lower and external water pickup.
Yup, we have multiple upgrades for it.
Whipple Charged is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:12 AM
  #68
Chris
Gold Member
 
CB-BLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Snohomish, WA
My Boats: 2009 Nordic Heat - 600sci - Whipple Stage X - SCX drive
Posts: 1,426
Default

The heads on the 600sci, 662sci, and 700sci are all the same.

They use the same header bolt pattern as the 525.

Chris
CB-BLR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:29 PM
  #69
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Dean Ferry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Merritt Is. Fl. USA
My Boats: 2006 Hustler 388, 2004 Hustler Talon 25, 1999 30 Spectre cat and 2007 21' hydrostream voyager w/ Merc. 225 EFI
Posts: 6,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB-BLR View Post
The heads on the 600sci, 662sci, and 700sci are all the same.

They use the same header bolt pattern as the 525.

Chris
Chris,
Yep, a guy from Monster just called and verified what you knew, and I suspected. How many hours do you have on your MONSTER motor now? BTW, Sweet boat!
Thanks,
Dean
__________________
Everything is for sale @ a certain $$
Dean Ferry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:39 AM
  #70
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Dean Ferry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Merritt Is. Fl. USA
My Boats: 2006 Hustler 388, 2004 Hustler Talon 25, 1999 30 Spectre cat and 2007 21' hydrostream voyager w/ Merc. 225 EFI
Posts: 6,580
Default

Ttt
__________________
Everything is for sale @ a certain $$
Dean Ferry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Whipple Charged
General Boating Discussion
63
03-05-2009 08:22 PM
Wild Card 09
Baja
40
08-08-2008 10:41 PM
gto4evr
General Q & A
8
12-06-2006 08:49 PM
tblrklakemo
Baja
8
08-29-2006 09:41 PM
Back4More
General Q & A
4
05-09-2005 04:46 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.