Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
NEED HELP!-Port Republic, NJ, 1997 Profile >

NEED HELP!-Port Republic, NJ, 1997 Profile

Notices

NEED HELP!-Port Republic, NJ, 1997 Profile

Old 02-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I was never impressed with quality of these boats. When he took deliverly of the Rip-Tear Race boat the bottom looked like sh-t ! I could not believe how many waves the chimes had ! It looked like the hull was pulled to early from the mold or just bad mold prep ??? In the 2 years he raced the boat he made numerous gel-coat repairs on the bottom. In fact on it's last race it just came apart right under there feet.

Last edited by Rocco; 02-15-2007 at 08:26 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:31 PM
CMC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Rip and Tear busted up at a Point Pleasant NJ race. I have pictures of it being towed in ...... in about 4 sections !
Old 02-15-2007, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocco
I was never impressed with quality of these boats. When he took deliverly of the Rip-Tear Race boat the bottom looked like sh-t ! I could not believe how many waves the chimes had ! It looked like the hull was pulled to early from the mold or just bad mold prep ??? In the 2 years he raced the boat he made numerous gel-coat repairs on the bottom. In fact on it's last race it just came apart right under there feet.
All the bottoms look like that We had a few around here and there wasn't a true stright line on any of them. I had a 27 and the bottom fell out of it also. Thats whay I say this is a huge project and what do you have in the end
Old 02-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CMC
I think Rip and Tear busted up at a Point Pleasant NJ race. I have pictures of it being towed in ...... in about 4 sections !
You could be right ! I do remember however he used ping pong balls for floation. The water was full of ping pong balls as far as you could see.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:46 PM
CMC
Gold Member
Gold Member

You could be right ! I do remember however he used ping pong balls for floation. The water was full of ping pong balls as far as you could see.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA UNREAL !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2007, 08:56 PM
Registered

You should have seen how they (Profile) rigged "K" tabs. The first time Castelini took the boat out the drives where hitting tabs. They used a saws-all to take out half the tabs so they could turn the drives. The drives where mounted so high they could not get the boat on plane. They ended up putting drive spacers in.

Last edited by Rocco; 02-16-2007 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:59 PM
Registered

Do ya think he is going to want to buy this boat now???? You should have seen the way they (Randy-Profile) repaiered the bottom on my 27 BONDO and TIGER HAIR red oxide primer and white enamel paint. How long ya think that lasted? When I called him on it he blamed it on me.

Last edited by cosmic12; 02-15-2007 at 09:03 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cosmic12
Do ya think he is going to want to buy this boat now????
Hey, That's why I like this site. I would want someone to tell me about this sh-t before I wasted my time and $ !!!!!

Sharkey is very qualified and knows what goes into making a good boat. He posted pictures and has seen the boat Maybe he will speak up ?
Old 02-15-2007, 09:13 PM
CMC
Gold Member
Gold Member

You should have seen how they (Profile) rigged "K" tabs. The first time Castelini took the boat out the drives where hitting tabs. They used a saws-all to take out half the tabs so they could turn the drives. The drives where mount so high they could not get the boat on plane. They ended up putting drive spacers in.
Some builders do this because their single engine boats have narrow beams...sounds like these guys were just stupid.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:18 PM
Registered

Hey, That's why I like this site. I would want someone to tell me about this sh-t before I wasted my time and $ !!!!!

Sharkey is very qualified and knows what goes into making a good boat. He posted pictures and has seen the boat Maybe he will speak up ?
I wish he would I would like to know the story on it myself, all I can say is I wouldn't trust buying one

Quick Reply: NEED HELP!-Port Republic, NJ, 1997 Profile

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.