Like Tree0Likes

New boater

Reply
Old 03-03-2007, 03:03 PM
  #31
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
My Boats: 87 Regal Velocity - 23.5'
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGraphics View Post
A few more pics but of a 21 Starcraft from a few years ago.
It was all red and white (very ugly) before we did this complete paint job on it. The owner at the time hung out at "Snug Harbour" all the time in Port Credit.

Again, I look forward to talking with you.

Thank You,

Chris Diamond

That's a very nice look. Great job. That boat looks very similiar to the one I will be picking up. Here is the only picture I have of the boat, untill the 23rd when I go down to Boston to close the deal. (this is my first picture post so not sure if it is going to work)
Attached Thumbnails
New boater-87velocity_inwater.jpg  
rooster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 03:18 PM
  #32
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member
 
Jamie B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: 4 Miles Offshore, IL
My Boats: Cigarette Top Gun w/ V6's and Maxum 3000 SCR
Posts: 2,117
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster View Post
Just a baby at 23.5' with 365horses running under the bed. I know this is sad, but I don't know for sure what the engine is yet.
If the engine is completely stock ( with no modifications ) you have what is called a 454 Magnum and you probably have a Bravo One outdrive, both of which are manufactured by Mercruiser. The engine is a General Motors 454 cubic inch V8 that has been marinized and you are not to use regular automobile replacement parts on or in it when replacing something.

Welcome aboard.
Jamie B. is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 03:49 PM
  #33
Registered
 
Too Old's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,713
Default

Congratulations on the new toy.
Too Old is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 05:46 PM
  #34
Registered User
 
GeoGraphics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Oakville,Ontario,CANADA
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster View Post
That's a very nice look. Great job. That boat looks very similiar to the one I will be picking up. Here is the only picture I have of the boat, untill the 23rd when I go down to Boston to close the deal. (this is my first picture post so not sure if it is going to work)
Nice pic to get me started. I will get some ideas kicking around in my head and then we can talk.

Thanks again,

Chris
GeoGraphics is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:02 PM
  #35
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
My Boats: 87 Regal Velocity - 23.5'
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie B. View Post
If the engine is completely stock ( with no modifications ) you have what is called a 454 Magnum and you probably have a Bravo One outdrive, both of which are manufactured by Mercruiser. The engine is a General Motors 454 cubic inch V8 that has been marinized and you are not to use regular automobile replacement parts on or in it when replacing something.

Welcome aboard.

Cool. I will take some snapshots of the engine when I see the boat march 23rd. I might post them to ask if it looks stock. Before I launch her in spring I will get the real deal from the mechanic I have un-winterize her.
rooster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:05 PM
  #36
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
My Boats: 2006 Larson Senza 206
Posts: 3,138
Default

congrats on the new boat. i just bought a new larson senza for this summer. since there are a bunch of people around toronto I was wondering if anyone here boats around crystal beach on lake erie?
Perlmudder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:03 PM
  #37
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
My Boats: 87 Regal Velocity - 23.5'
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlmudder View Post
congrats on the new boat. i just bought a new larson senza for this summer. since there are a bunch of people around toronto I was wondering if anyone here boats around crystal beach on lake erie?
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new Larson. I have not been up to Crystal Beach myself, but I'm looking forward to launching the boat in a few different areas over the summer and that may be one of'em. The beauty of owning a smaller size power boat is we can go wherever the action is :-)
rooster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:06 PM
  #38
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
My Boats: 87 Regal Velocity - 23.5'
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGraphics View Post
Nice pic to get me started. I will get some ideas kicking around in my head and then we can talk.

Thanks again,

Chris
I finally got a bunch of pictures . . . now if I can only remember how I uploaded the last one . . .

I have seen a lot of different graphics on OSO forum boats and videos, but I am thinking I will want to go with a solid color scheme, the flash is not me . . . not totally sure yet thou, once I get the boat in the water, I might have a different opinion. Here's a few pic's and maybe you can indicate what is involved to have a boat painted, such as time, cost, materials . . . that way I can start budgeting for it. I will want to drive it for awhile before I put it up for any work, but if I know how long it takes I can plan appropriately.

New boater-boat_2.jpg
New boater-boat_inside1.jpg
New boater-dscf0390.jpg
rooster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:59 PM
  #39
Registered User
 
GeoGraphics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Oakville,Ontario,CANADA
Posts: 147
Default

Keep in touch with me and we can figure something out for you. She doesn't look too bad!

Talk to you soon,
Chris
416-274-6285
GeoGraphics is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:57 PM
  #40
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
My Boats: 87 Regal Velocity - 23.5'
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGraphics View Post
Keep in touch with me and we can figure something out for you. She doesn't look too bad!

Talk to you soon,
Chris
416-274-6285


Will do.
rooster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
keachman
Drives and Lower Units
2
12-20-2007 07:16 PM
BY U BOY
General Boating Discussion
18
01-05-2007 11:48 AM
Formula34
General Boating Discussion
6
07-14-2005 11:29 PM
gslinger
General Q & A
6
01-30-2002 09:48 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.