Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They're all bass holes...............
Old 02-25-2007, 09:29 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by InXS
They're all bass holes...............
I agree!!! The way they run around on our river on weekends is unbelievable. They come around the curve in the creek where i live so close to my pier sometimes that they get spray on it. The year before i moved in one of them didnt make the curve and hit my neighbors pier. I'm constantly removing plugs and worms with line attached from my pilings so my dog doesn't eat them. They act like morons sometimes.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We be bassin!
Old 02-25-2007, 09:45 AM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Swindle told the Bham News that the reason he went by at 60 mph was because the water was less than 1 foot deep www.al.com
Old 02-25-2007, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

azzhat
Old 02-25-2007, 10:12 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
Swindle told the Bham News that the reason he went by at 60 mph was because the water was less than 1 foot deep www.al.com
What a explanation
Old 02-25-2007, 10:35 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Bubbletop409
Looked to me like that stunt called for more than a simple disqualifacation. Not surprised by his driving though, I avoid Don Pedro when those jackazzs have a tournament.

Larry

62 Bel-Air 409

260 Eagle XP HP500EFI

2002 Corvette M6 Coupe
As an avid bass tournament fisherman and former offshore powerboater, I really resent you lumping all of us into the "jackazz" category. You obviously don't have a clue about tournament fishing. MOST, meaning 99% of us are very good boaters... better than some offshore guys I've seen in my 35 years of boating. So before you lump us all into one stereotypical category maybe you should take a step back and re-think your statement.

I watched the Swindle incident live yesterday. Yes he was wrong... yes he should have been DQ'ed.... yes if there were a LEO nearby he probably would have gotten a ticket. He should have idled thru the boats. In an interview later in the day he admited he should not have done what he did, and that if given the moment over, he would not have sped thru the area. Call it a lesson learned. A very expensive lesson as he was doing very well in the tournament. $500,000 to first place, and good money to the nest 24 finishers. He would have been in 14th place after two days.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
As an avid bass tournament fisherman and former offshore powerboater, I really resent you lumping all of us into the "jackazz" category. You obviously don't have a clue about tournament fishing. MOST, meaning 99% of us are very good boaters... better than some offshore guys I've seen in my 35 years of boating. So before you lump us all into one stereotypical category maybe you should take a step back and re-think your statement.

I watched the Swindle incident live yesterday. Yes he was wrong... yes he should have been DQ'ed.... yes if there were a LEO nearby he probably would have gotten a ticket. He should have idled thru the boats. In an interview later in the day he admited he should not have done what he did, and that if given the moment over, he would not have sped thru the area. Call it a lesson learned. A very expensive lesson as he was doing very well in the tournament. $500,000 to first place, and good money to the nest 24 finishers. He would have been in 14th place after two days.

There's a few rotten ones in every "sect" of boating, as there are in life.
I agree they don't need to all be lumped together - it just hurts us all in the end.
If you use the logic that all boaters of a certain type boat the result is:
Bass boat = fast, unsafe.
Pontoon boat = party barge
Offshore = loud, obnoxious
Blowboat = rude, thinks he owns the lake.
Cruiser = minivan on the water, no knowledge of what he's doing.
In the above, none is true more than 5% of the time - but you do have cases of each, and you can mix/match the description between everyone of them.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:52 AM
Registered

He aut nadda dun dat

Quick Reply: Bass Tournament Contestant disqualified for reckless driving

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.