Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Pantera 24 vs. Velocity 260 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/152286-pantera-24-vs-velocity-260-a.html)

TexomaPowerboater 03-02-2007 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by FeverMike (Post 2044808)
Geesh...you cry like a little boy...take a dang chill pill and thicken up your skin some. Go bash on Fountain some with everyone else if ya like, we can take it!:drink:

LOL:D

Sick Stinger 03-02-2007 06:18 PM

Hey fever mike ur right i totally agree you guy can take it. you guys take it very wel from what they tell me. Ill make sure the lube is used next time unless u like the ruff stuff

Padraig 03-02-2007 07:07 PM

Mike always says that it is just in fun but after seeing the same s**t for years I tend to see him as a whining poor loser. The problem is that the new members don't know this. Time to get over it Mike, be a big boy now.

FeverMike 03-02-2007 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Padraig (Post 2044878)
Mike always says that it is just in fun but after seeing the same s**t for years I tend to see him as a whining poor loser. The problem is that the new members don't know this. Time to get over it Mike, be a big boy now.

Actually and Mr Velocity knows this...he and I have been going back and forth about Velocity since 1997...way before I ever raced. Chill and have some fun...have you visited the Fountain forum lately?:drink:

Revd Up 03-02-2007 11:01 PM

The pantera is very heavy and a great rough water boat. It all depends on what kind of water you usually run in. If the water is that rough you need a bigger boat anyway. I think if you compare the two, the Velocity offers much more. I love how mine runs in the rough, and like everyone else said .....It's a lot FASTER.

mikes280 03-03-2007 09:20 AM

both boats are killer the pantera is a much smaller boat then the velocity , less freeboard, smaller cabin and a 6.7 i thank beam where the velocity is 8.3 feet .so yes the pantera will do well in the rough but the velocity will be faster, burn less fuel with same power and i can promess you i don,t not want to be in a 24 pantera much over 80 mph but a 26 velocity no problem and yes i have driven both in rough and smoth water.Alsio try to get in the back and work on a 24 pantera unless you are a midget you won't be able to get back there........ Hey Mike i see you are still here oh he could buy a 29 ft fountain that would give you a 24 footer

FeverMike 03-03-2007 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by mikes280 (Post 2045254)
both boats are killer the pantera is a much smaller boat then the velocity ....... Hey Mike i see you are still here oh he could buy a 29 ft fountain that would give you a 24 footer

Very true, the Velocity is a deeper and bigger boat. The 29 Fountain is more like driving a 26' boat minus the swim platform and beak but room wise it compares to the 28 Pantera better or the 290 Velocity. It is not as shallow as the 24 Pantera. I really liked the 29 Fountain I use to own. The guy that bought from me now has it back up for sale in the classifieds.

JUPITER PULSARE 03-03-2007 11:15 AM

Ok, let's throw a monkey wrench into the equation. How about a 25' Active Thunder?? Great rough water ride, tall freeboard, huge cabin, F1 proven and fast!!! I've driven all three boats and can say the Thunder is tops!!

VelocityMark 03-03-2007 11:27 AM

Like the other guy said you need to go and ride in booth boats, with someone that knows how to drive each of them. As far as building them different for more power. I don't know where Dave got that info from because I had the same conversation with Steve Steep before I put 900+ HP in my 280and he told me the only differance would be that they would use solid motor mounts which I added. The 260 is a lot bigger boat than a 24 Pantera.

Sick Stinger 03-03-2007 11:51 AM

Mark your right the 26 is alot bigger and a better ride i beleive just because of the fact of the free board. Like i said love the looks style and ride of a pantera but i must go with the velocity not because o have one but beacuase of over all statistics and exsperience