Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Steel Buildings for Boat Storage... Condensation? >

Steel Buildings for Boat Storage... Condensation?

Notices

Steel Buildings for Boat Storage... Condensation?

Old 03-19-2007, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Updated pics of the ceiling in, also put in 5 Ton Heatpump and 15KW heat. I love my building, we are in the process of putting an addition on the side 12x60. That is one nice feature with it bieng stick built you can always add on easy.
Attached Thumbnails Steel Buildings for Boat Storage... Condensation?-shop-stpat-005.jpg   Steel Buildings for Boat Storage... Condensation?-shop-stpat-006.jpg  
Old 03-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excursion,that's a nice looking shop...I love the metal ceiling(inner liner)...makes it much brighter. Back to the topic-resale value is better with the stick built.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Get Down
VIP Member

Put paddle fans in and let them run 24/7. Best and cheapest way to keep moisture in check.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Carrboy, it is super bright now inside. The fans do a good job. I forgot that mine never had moisture on the walls or ceiling, i do have a layer of insulation. The floor did get a little damp on day when it rainrd all day and the temp changed. has not did it since.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

I looked hard at both.......take a good look at stick built......like James said you have so much more flexibility going with wood.......want a bigger man door than the kit?, you got it.....want an extra window?.....no problem......heres mine.....love it!
Attached Thumbnails Steel Buildings for Boat Storage... Condensation?-nascar-06-gargage-honeymoon...-037.jpg   Steel Buildings for Boat Storage... Condensation?-dsc00836.jpg   Steel Buildings for Boat Storage... Condensation?-dsc00838.jpg  

Old 03-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Registered

Damn Triggerpuller,that's awesome!!!I'm in the masonry bus. so I can really appreciate that one...boys did it right,core-filled the $hit out of that wall...looks great! I got sick of going from the house to the garage all winter to work on the boat so I built a big attached(38x70) on the house.As soon as the 31's gone my work truck and dually go in the center bay
Attached Thumbnails Steel Buildings for Boat Storage... Condensation?-dsc02108-small-.jpg   Steel Buildings for Boat Storage... Condensation?-dsc02107-small-.jpg   Steel Buildings for Boat Storage... Condensation?-dsc02109-small-.jpg  

Old 03-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

After too much research and pining, I think I am going toward the Pole Barn option by National Barn.

I did find these folks: http://www.we-intl.com/rfoil.html
who offer the Reflective Foil Bubble insulation. The quote that they gave me for 5 rolls included free shipping.

Rob, OSD, thanks for the call.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 03-19-2007 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm fixing to build one, but my dads builds a lot of comercial, in my opinion nothing but steel... of course most of my family's houses are steel structure... we lived out in the country and to please the neighbors my dad built a 40x60 that looked like pole barn out of steel. wiht the steel you can get beams in the cieling with trolleys on them for cranes/lifting.. and as far as extra doors just make sure you span enough and the whole thing can be opened.

Ernie
Old 03-19-2007, 06:07 PM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Is it better to pour the slab before you build a pole barn or does it not matter?
Old 03-19-2007, 06:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Ike
Is it better to pour the slab before you build a pole barn or does it not matter?
pour it after, then you can use the poles as lines for the form, then reinforce..works perfectly.

Quick Reply: Steel Buildings for Boat Storage... Condensation?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.