Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
My Hustler Windscreen Broke >

My Hustler Windscreen Broke

Notices

My Hustler Windscreen Broke

Old 04-16-2007, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put on a windshield on my old 388 last year. My brother fell on it and it cracked. Bruised him up pretty good. The bends can not be made by just anybody. I took mine to every place in Kansas city and no one could make one because of the bends and how thick the glass is. After trying everything else I could possibly do, I wound up getting it from hustler. Really didnt want to spend the 2k. Holes didn't line up in my 97. Had to redrill and seal up old holes. Good luck with what ever you end up doing. Honestly, I wish I would have just left it on with the crack in it. The glass is thick enough even with a crack completly through it to still block the wind. If you dont mind how it looks I would just put it back on.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:25 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That bites.

On my Fountain, all the W/S screw holes are approx 3/16" larger than the screw threads. Then there are rubber spacer/washer combo peices that fit into the holes. Allows for plenty of flex. Might keep this in mind on your new one.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Rob, call up Augie Busch and tell him how you support his product and i am sure he would get you what you want.If he really knows how well you support his product he might buy you a brand new 46 Skater.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would get a tube of IPS#16 and glue it back together. It would barely be noticeable (as long as you're neat) and be as strong as new. 2k is a lot of cash for a windscreen. But that's why I drive a little boat I guess.

Rene
Old 04-16-2007, 10:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had to have my sides replaced on my 26 hustler had them made a a glass shop off the old ones 300 . they didnt have the same size plexiglass so its a little thinner than whats on the boat . they told me that plexi glass only last for about 3 to 5 years then it will give way . they drilled my holes off the old ones but i had to fit them myself cuz the holes didnt line up . good luck cuz i didnt get any help from hustler at all.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by kennyo
My suggestion......

quit bending fat chicks over your windscreen!

Seriously, take it to a plexiglass shop and have them glue it and buff it out. It will leave a very faint line but you'll have $2k in gas money. At least run it that way until your other comes in.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:47 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the replys

I called Carlos with AcryliCo http://www.acrylico.com/ he said he would make a mold and make me one from my old one just like the original and have it before my TickFaw Poker Run the first of May. He said he makes the screens for Nortech and some of the Outerlimits . He also said he has been remaking a lot screens for OSO members Scarabs.

Still waiting on a price from Shields (www.racingsheilds.com) and Yachts windscreens.

Hey atleast Carlos with AcryliCo is a member here.

Thanks
Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:50 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Rob, call up Augie Busch and tell him how you support his product and i am sure he would get you what you want.If he really knows how well you support his product he might buy you a brand new 46 Skater.
The new 388 Skater 4 seater with 1550 plus would be nice The prob is got have a toilet in it for the girls

Old 04-17-2007, 10:01 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Unhappy

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
That bites.

On my Fountain, all the W/S screw holes are approx 3/16" larger than the screw threads. Then there are rubber spacer/washer combo peices that fit into the holes. Allows for plenty of flex. Might keep this in mind on your new one.
It has a soft type plastic inserts so the 1/4 screws do touch the screen.

It looks like maybe the screw at the crack was too tight and the temperature flexed it in the bend in the corner. Because it pulled the riv/blind nut out of the fiberglass.or the nut was loose and let it flex and break. Its anybodies guess?

I really dont want to take a chance on glueing it and breaking again,especially on a poker run.

To me it looks like h ell with out it,see it has a indentation in the fiberglass were the windscreen sits in and it really does deflect the wind more than I thought!!

Rob

Old 04-17-2007, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Smile

I just read somewhere that you can pick up 2.5 mph without them. That's not enough to outrun the Ugly though.

Quick Reply: My Hustler Windscreen Broke

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.