Like Tree0Likes

Ol Headed to Malta instead of Pickwick

Old 05-03-2007, 11:01 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR TIME View Post
Alot of boats
Well when your acclamated to a 2 to 4 boat race as has been the case around these parts... a 10 boat per class race kinda excites me alittle..
Specially when all boats run at the same time...
Old 05-03-2007, 11:15 PM
Registered

And those Metamarine hulls are no joke... can't turn... but they can go fast in a straight line.....
Attached Thumbnails
Ol Headed to Malta instead of Pickwick-portugal_metamarine_racing.jpg  

Last edited by Donzi38ZR; 05-07-2007 at 06:16 PM.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:44 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donzi38ZR View Post
And those Fountain hulls are not joke... can't turn... but they can go fast in a straight line.....

Thats messed up......
Old 05-03-2007, 11:48 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

My Boats: 2009 Skater 3212- Mad Props-- 27' Conceot CC t/275VRods

Quote:
Originally Posted by louietherigger View Post
Anyway where do you race? What class boat? What have you done to promote racing?(in the USA) What are your feelings on the safety equipment in use?

The American Cowboy,
Louie
Louie, with all due respect, Donzi38ZR has done LOADS to promote Offshore and I believe raced his fair share as well. Quite possibly SV if I remember correctly......

That said, I don't think you have been too out of line but all of this sucks royally.

I don't blame OL, they are not a publicly traded company(like Fountain) and can't absorb the costs of racing in a limited venue. The money(and fans) are currently overseas.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:38 AM
Registered

cashbar
after nearly 2 mil loss over 6 mths, i dont think fountain can absorb too much more
even if it has its own, one horse show

http://www.boating-industry.com/output.cfm?id=1207045

congrats to OL for taking on the world...wish them well
Old 05-04-2007, 08:11 AM
Racer
Racer

My Boats: Fountains,Mainship,Predator.Mako OPA 2007 class 2 ,2011 S.V. ,2013SVLNational Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash Bar View Post
Louie, with all due respect, Donzi38ZR has done LOADS to promote Offshore and I believe raced his fair share as well. Quite possibly SV if I remember correctly......

That said, I don't think you have been too out of line but all of this sucks royally.

I don't blame OL, they are not a publicly traded company(like Fountain) and can't absorb the costs of racing in a limited venue. The money(and fans) are currently overseas.
I know Donzi38ZR is cool I'm trying to draw the positive out of him, this game and the politics that go with it can suck the fight outta of any one. As far as the OL thing being about money, that is BS, they have the 2 boats to cover both venues so why would they have to kill one? Like what Brett said, they don't need a horse and pony show with a 20 man entourage, all the toys and what not. We cut down our crew from 8 to 4 counting Driver and Throttleman, got rid of the big truck, book our rooms where we get the best rates and we still race. OL is playing head games to take away Fountains ability to dominate them nothing more, nothing less. Which is not good for the sport either because ultimately no one wants to race where there is no chance of winning. I wish them all good luck and safe racing where ever the go. I'm just sad for the
fans here that lose out when stuff like this happens. It sure doesn't add to the growth of the sport.
Louie
Old 05-04-2007, 10:23 AM
Registered

My Boats: BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donzi38ZR View Post
Well when your acclamated to a 2 to 4 boat race as has been the case around these parts... a 10 boat per class race kinda excites me alittle..
Specially when all boats run at the same time...
me too I watched the races this winter from there and thought the DONZI got screwed in one race when they got cut off by the blue boat which cut in front of them and wash them down in a turn the rough water races are great. art
Old 05-04-2007, 10:41 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC

Following is a simple truth and a lesson for all.

Jeff Gordon is a young man, from the same generation as many of you racers.

He rarely comments on racing rules, Nascar management, schedules, race sites, etc, other than how it affects his team's strategy. He rarely says "I". He includes his team and respects ( and took the time to find out about) the icons who came before (Petty, the Allisons, Fireball Roberts, etc...). Learning from that history and building on those earlier champions, his sport has flourished step by step.

He is now recognized as top of the heap only because the "heap" is substantial(cars are actually being turned away because there are too many to race safely on the same track), yet he remains humble and respectful to his car owner, his team, his fellow racers, and his sport's management.

On the other hand, you would never have heard of him if Nascar had two cars in the cup class and one just pulled out to go race in Europe. If you actually stumbled across this story in some obscure report in the media, you would do what ? Perhaps you might chuckle and toss it in the trash. If you knew that there were at least three or four other sanctioning bodies for stock cars, none of whom you had ever heard of, your chuckle might be louder.

This is the issue here today, not whether or not a Ford or a Chevy is a better car, or the various brand owners are "skeered", whatever that means. Look at yourselves and your sport through that filter, then take a deep breath and realize that you are lucky to have anything resembling a racing circuit, that offshore racing is in serious jeopardy from economic, insurance, and government intervention, and lastly that it could be, and has been,much better, bigger, and more meaningful in years past than it is today. With that said, maybe less finger pointing and more professionalism is in order.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 05-04-2007 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:10 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2005 42' Fountain SOLD

blah blah blah....Mikey just wants kings and princes to buy his boats. Mainly prince's
Old 05-04-2007, 11:17 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2006 32 Skater Qtr canopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2x View Post
Simple truth....... and a lesson for all.

Jeff Gordon is a young man...same generation as many of you racers.

He rarely comments on racing rules, Nascar management, schedules, race sites, etc, other than how it affects his team's strategy. He rarely says "I"....He includes his team...and respects ( and took the time to find out about) the icons who came before (Petty, the Allisons, Fireball Roberts, etc...). Learning from that history and building on those earlier champions, his sport has flourished..... step by step.

He is now recognized as top of the heap....... only because the "heap" is substantial......(cars are actually being turned away because there are too many to race safely on the same track)...... yet he remains humble and respectful to his car owner, his team, his fellow racers, and his sport's management.

On the other hand...you would never have heard of him if Nascar had two cars in the cup class and one just pulled out to go race in Europe. If you actually stumbled across this story in some obscure report in the media..... you would do what ?.... chuckle and toss it in the trash. If you knew that there were at least three or four other sanctioning bodies for stock cars... none of whom you had ever heard of... your chuckle might be louder.

This is the issue here today...... not whether or not a Ford or a Chevy is a better car... or the various brand owners are "skeered", whatever that means. Look at yourselves and your sport through that filter..... Than take a deep breath and realise that you are lucky to have anything resembling a racing circuit, that offshore racing is in serious jeopardy from economic, insurance, and government intervention, and lastly that it could be....... and has been....much better, bigger, and more meaningful in years past....than it is today. With that said, maybe less finger pointing and more professionalism is in order.

T2x
Lesson for all. When trying to be a scholar, basic english, spelling and writing skills are essential. Hopefully Rich will realise that.