Boat Documentation Question

Notices

Boat Documentation Question

Old 05-10-2007, 09:10 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
In Illinois we need to register with the state as well. That requires the state numbers on the side of the boat also.

per the paper work on my boat all you needed was the state sticker no numbers painted on the side?????
Old 05-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys - wanted to put this TTT as I have a problem. My transom (above water) is not big enough to hold both the name and hailing port at 4" - I really do not have the room. I can get the name however, the only place for the hailing port has maximum height of 2". I don't want to muck my boat up with jacka** letters on it where they don't belong. This seems so petty for a possible penalty of $10k - what do I do?
Old 05-14-2007, 10:32 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Ca$hed Out
Guys - wanted to put this TTT as I have a problem. My transom (above water) is not big enough to hold both the name and hailing port at 4" - I really do not have the room. I can get the name however, the only place for the hailing port has maximum height of 2". I don't want to muck my boat up with jacka** letters on it where they don't belong. This seems so petty for a possible penalty of $10k - what do I do?
Trade it in on a A/T.Theres more than enough room on the transom.See it's already give in you problems.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:17 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

just put them on in a size that will fit, thats better than not having them and go on with life.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:46 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

The company that did the doc. papers on my Scarab & my Outerlimits gave me these guidelines. The name has to be 4" letters either on the side or on the back in clear visiable letters. The hailing port must be on the back in the 3" letters. Last the hull ID must be somewhere on the inside of the vessel in clear sight in 3" block style letters that would damage the finish if removed.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:20 AM
Registered

I have zero room for any hailing port. I do have the hailing port stickers in my glove box in case the guy wants to be a pecker.
Attached Thumbnails Boat Documentation Question-1248940869_l.jpg  
Old 05-15-2007, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Here's everything you would want to know on documentation.

http://www.uscg.mil/hq/g-m/vdoc/faq.htm
Old 05-15-2007, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

It's been two years for me and I haven't "gotten around" to putting mine on either...I'm kind've a procrastinator