Wink

This is funny!!!

Old 01-11-2002, 10:22 PM
KOZ MAN

Wink

This is funny!!!

Old 01-11-2002, 10:28 PM
ScreaminDemon

Pier - i guess the answer to you question is NOT!!! That's why they call it a joke...bet you're a lot of fun...NOT! So i guess it's SOOOOO LONG! Won't miss ya here!

Old 01-11-2002, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pier??.....Pier??.....Come on buddy, you have to learn how to play the game...you're not making a good first impression....
Old 01-11-2002, 10:46 PM
ScreaminDemon

he's all coped up, got himself hidden from the bad things in life, especially the OSO members, where he may just be subjected to racist, unethical, opinionated and biased remarks and comments from all of us (the perfect ones) right here...

Old 01-12-2002, 12:11 PM
Pier

Risk Taker,

I have to admit, the "blond walks into a bar" thing was funny--more funny than the original joke, as were several other posts that followed. You obviously have a good sense of humor, one that can do a whole lot better than ethnic jokes. NW_Jim had me laughing with his "right to be offended" comment. Same for ScreaminDemons "the perfect ones" remark.

But tell me, if it had been a racial joke, say about African Americans, would you still have felt comfortable posting it? It's pretty safe to slam Afghans these days and, what the hell, as ScreaminDemon says, it's just an ethnic joke. But right now probably isn't the best time to be posting it in front of 3,700 people. Why kick and entire people when they're down? (And yes, I completely support our actions in Afghanistan.) My view, OK? I don't expect you to agree.

All that said, I'd defend your right to tell this joke to the death, just as I'm sure, you all being champions of free speech, would defend my right to disagree with you. I don’t have to read it, as jokerswild points out, but if you put it out there for public view you should expect comment. Free speech runs in all directions.

You'll notice, rwilson, I used the words "ethnic joke." I originally called the joke "racist," and that was by strict definition incorrect. I also called it bigoted, and I still think that definition fits. As for your comment about my using "big words" and your having a dictionary, I'm sorry if my vocabulary intimidates (scares) you or makes feel inadequate (not as good). I figure that in a discussion or argument it's good to use all the tools you have. And questioning, by the way, isn't crying or saying "boo-hoo." It's just questioning.

Look guys, I knew my opinion wouldn't be popular when I posted it. But then, free speech is all about the right to voice unpopular opinions.