Notices

Living in Las Vegas

Old 06-12-2007, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Living in Las Vegas

OK, guys. Looks like the job opportunity in Havasu was a wash. Far more negatives than positives about living there full-time.

Looking into a new opportunity in Las Vegas. This is a clinical/teaching job with UNLV Medical Center Department of Emergency Medicine. Former next door neighbor from Toledo is a professor in Engineering @ UNLV and loves it.

Looking for input on cost of living, local boating, social life (outside the strip), boat/RV storage, housing/apartment costs, etc.

Any input both positive and negative appreciated.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

RedDog- I have a house in Las Vegas for sale-- check your PM box
Old 06-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lucky Dog! Good luck with your search Chris. Make sure you make accommodations for extra boat trailer parking.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

well I know ems works therre butts off in vegas..so Im assuming the ERs are pretty busy..the cost of living wasnt bad a couple years ago, but it was starting to rise..with the building boom. a nice boat and a good buggy, the opurtunity for play is endless. the heat during the summer is intense and will take some getting used too and it is not 80 degrees and sunny all winter either.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Living there for a year was tough. Of course, since I don't drink, smoke or do drugs, that left gambling and hookers....

It's a great place. I don't regret a second. And I will visit often. Get used to going to Hoover Dam, because everyone that visits will make you take them there....
Old 06-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vegas

Housing prices are dropping it's a buyers market right now. Great place to live if you don't have a Gambling problem. Lake Mead 20 minutes away for some Great Boating. Been here 10 years and Love it.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dukenrock
Lucky Dog! Good luck with your search Chris. Make sure you make accommodations for extra boat trailer parking.
Thanks, Kevin. Want to find someplace where extra trailer parking is a given, and I will expect visitis from my mid-west friends if this happens.

Looks very interesting so far. Department Chairman is med director @ Las Vegas motor speedway and LVPD Swat Team so we should have a lot in common.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
well I know ems works therre butts off in vegas..so Im assuming the ERs are pretty busy..
phragle,

Not afraid of hard work. Just want to be respected and fairly compensated for it. CEO shouldn't be making $10 mil/year if they can't afford to pay my overtime.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
RedDog- I have a house in Las Vegas for sale-- check your PM box

Preliminary developments going on right now, but I will definately contact you about this if things begin to get serious. Earliest this would happen would be end of 2007.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Living there for a year was tough. Of course, since I don't drink, smoke or do drugs, that left gambling and hookers....

It's a great place. I don't regret a second. And I will visit often. Get used to going to Hoover Dam, because everyone that visits will make you take them there....
Greg,

Don't smoke, do drugs, or gamble. Guess that leaves just ...

I will expect visits from my Southeast/Florida friends, too!

Quick Reply: Living in Las Vegas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.