Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
My experience with Derebery Performance... >

My experience with Derebery Performance...

Notices

My experience with Derebery Performance...

Old 06-20-2007, 09:14 AM
Big Cliff

Originally Posted by OkieTunnel
He was trying to take the high road. They have always jumped through hoops to get my boat back on the water fast.
Just like you I was just posting my dealings with the shop.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am always a little suspect when I see someone on the forums with 10-20 posts who is using the forum to voice issues, when it sounds like they have not yet even sat down with the "so called" problem maker to resolve an issue.
I for the most part have not had or heard anything but good dealings with Leon and he seems to be a reasonable guy. I would recommend that OSO'ers always keep their issues between themselves and their vendor until they are being unfairly treated with no attempt on their vendors part to fairly resolve an issue.. Then, we here on the forum are here to listen, suggest and help where we can, but also remember we are not "Judge and Jury" for unresolved claims or issues! Do your due dilegence and resolution attemps before blasting here on the forums.

Best Regards,

Ray @ Raylar

Last edited by Raylar; 06-20-2007 at 09:41 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-20-2007, 09:47 AM
Big Cliff

Originally Posted by Raylar
I am always a little suspect when I see someone on the forums with 10-20 posts who is using the forum to voice issues, when it sounds like they have not yet even sat down with the "so called" problem maker to resolve an issue.
I for the most part have not had or heard anything but good dealings with Leon and he seems to be a reasonable guy. I would recommend that OSO'ers always keep their issues between themselves and their vendor until they are being unfairly treated with no attempt on their vendors part to fairly resolve an issue.. Then, we here on the forum are here to listen, suggest and help where we can, but also remember we are not "Judge and Jury" for unresolved claims or issues! Do your due dilegence and resolution attemps before blasting here on the forums.

Best Regards,

Ray @ Raylar
So it would make my thread hold more water if I had 1500 or 2000 post? I spend lots of time reading the boards but rarely post. This is my preference. I did not attack Derebery Performance or Slander the shop in any way. I ONLY stated what happened in my eyes. If Derebery cares to make the situation better they have not tried in almost 1 year. So just like you stated I posted my dealings.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Boy do I hate it when morons start threads on OSO to badmouth dealers because they don't have the balls to work it out in private. It's easier to come on here and whine like a little girl i guess.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

I told you on Wednesday December 27th, 2006 at Hole In the Wall Bar in Dallas while sitting with my fiance and friends that if you were unhappy and felt you were done wrong it was the first I had personally heard of it. I explained to you that a threat to meet in the parking lot was not the way to fix it but that you were welcome, and we were willing to fix anything that we had messed up and may have been unaware of. Again...it has been 6 months.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:34 AM
Big Cliff

Originally Posted by Tazz
Boy do I hate it when morons start threads on OSO to badmouth dealers because they don't have the balls to work it out in private. It's easier to come on here and whine like a little girl i guess.
How do you figure I am a moron? I sure as hell didn't get the job I have without a great education and devotion to my career. I tried to work the problem out when I picked up the boat. No dice; so I payed my $1600 and left with my boat and motor. I am not "whining" or demanding anything. Just stating what happened from my point of view. Never told anyone to use or not use him just stated to becareful who you use.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:37 AM
Big Cliff

Originally Posted by ExcaliburHawk40
I told you on Wednesday December 27th, 2006 at Hole In the Wall Bar in Dallas while sitting with my fiance and friends that if you were unhappy and felt you were done wrong it was the first I had personally heard of it. I explained to you that a threat to meet in the parking lot was not the way to fix it but that you were welcome, and we were willing to fix anything that we had messed up and may have been unaware of. Again...it has been 6 months.
You stated in the parking lot that you were trying to "repair" the Derebery reputation and to come by and speak to you. By this time the motor was already fixed and running along with the cover & bildge. Nothing really you could undue at that point. I'm only stating what happened.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Cliff - still good info to me. Like I said, this isn't the first time I have heard of an incident with these people. I am sure every engine builder has things like this happen from time to time. The better the relationship you build with a mechanic the less likely you are to have something like this happen. I have a great relationship with my mechanic, but I am sure he may have not taken as good as care if a guy off the street came to him with an attitude. I kizz his azz every chance I get because its a lot of money to just hand over to someone.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:18 AM
Big Cliff

TB I agree with you. I did not come to the boart just to post this story or start trouble. I only posted my side of the story. I would like to hear the other side....

I am surprised at the amout of people calling me names for outing my story. Never did I attack Derebery Performance or any other member.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some of you guys are a little quick to judge based on post counts, friendships or whatever.

Cliff did not call anyone names, he simply laid out his side of the story in a pretty straighforward factual way.

We all know there are two sides to a story, Dereberry gets around and I'm sure he knows of this thread, he's a big boy and can choose to answer here or not

I'm glad i got the info and you should be too. Teaches a good lesson no matter who you deal with, get things in writing, agree on ther work, agree not to make a mess in the boat and agree on the condition of the gelcoat/vinyl etc when the boat was delivered, agree on boat storage, covered or not, secure or not, whose insurance while locked in the pen Agree how far to go without written approval, these are basic good business principals and are law in many states. These things hardly seem like stuff someone would invent to harm someone.

IMHO, I respect that a builder may not want to get trapped in depending on anothers work but at the same time too many are too quick to pull the "It needs to have everything done" trigger and spend a perf boaters money cause they assume they have plenty of it.

If it makes good compression, does not consume excess oil and does not have valve springs known to puke at xxx hrs run it.

I spent many years in small engine repair and many more in Jet engine repair. I've talked to Leon myself a few yrs ago, nice guy, new his stuff, but went out of his way to upsell me on a whole custom engine rather than do the work I requested on a 5 hr merc 454mag, I moved on.

Peace

Quick Reply: My experience with Derebery Performance...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.