Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Are Barry Grant Marine King Deamons Any Good???????? >

Are Barry Grant Marine King Deamons Any Good????????

Notices

Are Barry Grant Marine King Deamons Any Good????????

Old 06-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pro1
Doug, I do not think anyone is interested in you trying to rework a carberator just to get it to work. I guess that is why you are not welcome at Mercury as you stated or the other shops.

Buyer beware!
Ken,

You're more than welcome to your own opinion, but let's call a spade a spade. You spoke to me today for the first time ever, and tell me that you want us to give you money in return of carburetors that were purchased in Jan of 2006, or else you'll file a lawsuit. We're more than willing to work with you, but if you're not even willing to give us a chance there really isn't anything I can do for you.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

No Doug I am going to sell these fantastic carberators, and let some other poor guy try and get them to work.

I am not going to remove a Holley 1050 that performs flawlessly across the board to give you a chance to get your Barry Grant King Demon to work at the expense of my motor.

Last edited by Pro1; 06-20-2007 at 12:37 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Registered

Ken,

Again that is completely your choice, but you've never even given us the opportunity to look at them to see if there was a problem. Since you'd already purchased carburetors, I even offered to get those back to get them back to new condition if you wanted to sell them.

You would think that the boat may have been down some time in the last year and half that we could have taken a look at them.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RumRunner
OK, since this is getting into a pissing match I need to at least state a few facts.

Not real fair for Tommy to put a post on here, without even giving us a chance to work with him on his combination. He has since called me this morning, and I’ve asked him to get the carburetors back to me so we can rectify the problems he’s having.

Our linkage is definitely different than a Holley® it’s externally changeable, and eliminates the potential of a link falling into the engine from their internal style.

We have thousands of marine carburetors out in service, that’s not to say that some tuning may or may not be needed to get an engine to run optimally. Tommy is having an issue, and we’re going to work through it with him.

Different manufactures use different calibrations, and tuning techniques it’s a matter of what works for them, and their customers.

As fart as the two engine builders mentioned, I have nothing against either of them, however I will say that Mercury® lost their best engine builder when Gerry left. As far as boob goes, he is one of 4 engine builders in 13 years that I’ve offered to fly to his shop dyno test an engine (actually someone else’s since he doesn’t have one) show that I’ll make more HP, and then go to the water to prove that I can run better! Oh yea, Mercury was one of the others.

In the last paragraph, I would still like to know who fart and boob are?
Old 06-20-2007, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderusone
In the last paragraph, I would still like to know who fart and boob are?
Dude your killing me
Old 06-20-2007, 02:21 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I have been trying to read this as I have been doing alot of dominator tuning lately.......but the "As fart goes" and "As far as boob"......has made this pretty funny, given the serious nature of the thread. Fart and Boob have reduced this thread to mere rubble....
Old 06-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I think what Rumrunner meant to say is "I fart uncontrollably anytime someone touches my boobs."
Old 06-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Registered

At this point I don't think which carb is better is at issue. Rumrunner should be given the chance to see why those carbs are not working for the application.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:24 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Pure Energy
At this point I don't think which carb is better is at issue. Rumrunner should be given the chance to see why those carbs are not working for the application.
And like I stated in my earlier post, I spoke with Rumrunner first thing this morning and the carbs are on the way back. I am sure they will do what it takes to get this straightened out.
LT
Old 06-20-2007, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Yeah all worked out. The Holley works and BG is a boat anchor.

Quick Reply: Are Barry Grant Marine King Deamons Any Good????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.