Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Are Barry Grant Marine King Deamons Any Good???????? >

Are Barry Grant Marine King Deamons Any Good????????

Notices

Are Barry Grant Marine King Deamons Any Good????????

Old 06-21-2007, 08:57 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doug is a stand up guy and is as good as they come. I'm sure with Barry Grant being a multi million dollar company , they must be doing something right. Let Doug try and resolve your issues before you throw him in the fire.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:07 AM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rebuilt a couple of 500 hps three years ago and used 850 Marine demons I really liked the construction of them and also the fact Doug is such a active member of the board. I could pick up the phone and could talk to Doug really sold me on tehre customer srervice and sold me on the company. Every thing has performed flawlessly fo three years. Great dealings with this company
Old 06-21-2007, 09:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by KNOT-RIGHT
Really didnt think the P/V,s had anything to do with Idle.
I will put them back in. The only reason why I took them
out was that as soon as I crack the throttle the PSI builds
boost. I will put them back in and drop jet size by 5.

The one thing that troubles me is when turning the idle screws
completly in . The motors are still at 1000rpm.
The plates are all set so the idle transfer slot looks like a square rectangle.
There pulling 12hg vacuum at idle.
The rear plugs will get Black as the ace of spades
within minutes of idling.

Since the Idle circuit picks it's fuel up from the main well, running a Power Valve changes the volume of fuel in the main fuel well at idle, which can affect your idle circuitry.

Shoot me an email, I'll need you to check a few things. Based on where you have some of your adjustments I think there are a few things out of adjustment.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

The smaller Demons are not the problem. Maybe that was not distinguished. The problem is with the King Demon. Tom has a problem, I had a problem, and Gerry obviously has a problem. Once again the metering is so far off, running a carb without air bleeds is not normal. Bending up the linkage will still not open up the accel pump. to full pump shot.

Nothing really more to discuss, 2 King Demons for sale on ebay. My problems were resolved. Tom and Gerry I hope you have better luck.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:28 AM
Charter Member

As a distributor of the Barry Grant product line, I like the fact that Doug is on the boards and willing to answer questions or help with problems...what other manufacturer can you say that about.

I am sorry to hear that some of you were not happy with your Demon Carbs and totally respect your decision to bring it up on OSO, but I have been working with Barry Grant for sometime now and I have never had a problem with them repairing or replacing items under warranty.

In fact, for those that are having a problem with the carbs, have you talked to the distributor/dealer/engine builder where you bought the carbs about the problem? They should be working with you to resolve this problem, I would be.

my 2 cents,
Don B.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Gentlemen, Gentlemen, Gentlemen,

Let's all take a chill pill and give Doug a chance to work thru this with me. I am sure in the next couple of weeks we will be sending the carbs back and forth as needed to make sure we can get the problems sorted out. I again apologize for starting all this commotion on OSO. I am sure within a short amount of time Doug will find the right combinations that will intern help us all. I am more that willing to give him the time it takes as well as any testing needed to help all of us Barry Grant customers.
LT
Old 06-21-2007, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

spoken like a real APACHE........no forked tongue.......[a real dandy carborator tech]...m.m..
Old 06-21-2007, 10:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Little Tommy

Let's all take a chill pill and give Doug a chance to work thru this with me. I am sure in the next couple of weeks we will be sending the carbs back and forth as needed to make sure we can get the problems sorted out. I again apologize for starting all this commotion on OSO. I am sure within a short amount of time Doug will find the right combinations that will intern help us all. I am more that willing to give him the time it takes as well as any testing needed to help all of us Barry Grant customers.
LT
Spoken like a good guy would!
Old 06-22-2007, 02:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Little Tommy
start your engines
Old 06-22-2007, 02:51 PM
Registered

not using the B/G's, but my new out of the box Holley's were nothing short of a big pain in the Ass,had to dissasemble/ blow out ****, rejet and and change about everything just to get them to idle and still not perfect but a hell of a lot better and i can assure you that holly wasnt much help if anything a hinderence, sending me off on wild goose chases as it could never be their assy practices and employees (kinda like it was built on a monday or friday (no warrantee).. so to have a tech /rep stand up here and tell ya hell take of it is something of value

Quick Reply: Are Barry Grant Marine King Deamons Any Good????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.