Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
International Marine and Auto Investment Group????? >

International Marine and Auto Investment Group?????

Notices

International Marine and Auto Investment Group?????

Old 06-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to all boaters out there national marine has closed its doors and reopened under a new name it is now national marine investment partnership same thiefs under a different name beware they will take your money and your boats no matter how hard up you are beware they are a scam.
there number is 1-877-604-6644 this is so everybody has his new number because chuck forgot to pass it on
thank you
Old 06-03-2009, 04:58 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bear bait where are they located ??? do you have a phisical address???? would love to stop in and see em and pull their chain just fer fun

I hate these type of operations
Old 06-03-2009, 06:37 AM
Registered

Default nmip new address

there address is now a po box but the address we have for the owner is charles v gebell 22008 ridgeway stsaintclair shores michigan 48080 this is his real name and real address not a aka like everybody there works under hope they enjoy the truth
Old 06-03-2009, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I mapquested it and he is near the miricle mile (all the marinas) a few blocks off of jefferson

He lives in the hub of what is left of boating in his area

I have to be on that side of the state in a few weeks

I might make a cruise by
Old 10-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Registered

Default Sorry Julie...

So I have been reading the posts about International Marine and had to post my experience. I first contacted them about a Sea Ray 36' in Michigan. I flew out from my home in Las Vegas (First Class, so expensive) to Michigan to view the boat. Deano picked me up and drove me to the boat in his $500.00 car that was filthy both in and out (a little telling). We looked at the boat and it was pristine. I told him I would take it and we began the paperwork and paid a deposit. He was just waiting for the owner to get home from vacation. Weeks went by and I finally tracked the owner down myself who said he knew nothing of this deal. He said they contacted him once a couple of months earlier but he told them he wasn't going to do a contract sale (he didn't have to).

So after waiting a few months to try and get something for the money I'd given them and they wouldn't give back, I picked up one of their clients boats that had been abandoned in a parking lot here in Las Vegas. I checked it out, but it wasn't what I wanted. I had my mechanic fix it at their request and it was like pulling teeth to get them to give my mechanic a credit card to pay for the repairs.

A month later they asked me to pick up a boat abandoned in California, a Baja 36. I did, and although the last "owners" stripped some stuff off of it, I decided to take that boat. I gave a larger deposit and completed the paperwork including setting up an ACH with Global Financial to collect and make the payments to the bank. Turns out that company is owned by Chuck Gebbel's wife. They hit my account for two payments in 3 days. BTW, you can't get ACH payments back, I tried. I tracked down and contacted the owner of the Baja to ask some questions about the boat. He promptly told me he had reported it stolen since National Marine, Chuck Gebell hadn't made a payment in 6 months to his bank. He then demanded the boat back. Now I am out $10,000.00 and have no boat. I demand my money back from Chuck Gebell and I get a bankruptcy notice listing me in National Marines bankruptcy, right along with many other customers, boat owners, and banks. Chuck Gebell, the owner of National Marine, was even listed as a creditor so he could take a tax write off. All they did at the time was change the logo on their existing website to International Marine in Roseville Michigan. I tried contacting the Bankruptcy court but they didn't care he was doing exactly the same thing with the same "inventory" and URL for his website.

Don't get me wrong, I think contract sales are a valuable tool for selling your boat if they are done properly. As a small businessman of 25 years I have had hits to my credit over the years that have prevented me from buying things that I could afford to make the payments on but not qualify for. If a boat owners situation changes and they can't make the payment, this is a better alternative than repossession. In this market selling a boat will be challenging. When I decide to upgrade from my 2003 Doral, I'll probably do a contract sale. As for Chuck Gebell, in my opinion, he is a thief and a con. And from an earlier post, sorry Julie, International Marine is without question the old National Marine, with the same people that have ripped so many people off over the years. Just because you say otherwise on a post doesn't change the facts. If I remember correctly, Chuck Gebells daughter was named Julie.

Here's a tip for those of you unable to get out of your boats but need to. If you want to do a contract sale, use a Real Estate contract sale contract as an example. And this part is very important: KEEP THE BOAT INSURANCE IN YOUR NAME AND PAY IT YOURSELF. You can charge the buyer the monthly premium, but you must keep it in your name to be sure it stays in force and you are the beneficiary. If your boat is seriously damaged or stolen you are covered and your loan is paid off (if it's stolen). Also, have the buyer pay the 10% of the value (the commission a broker would charge) towards the principal of your note. That shows strong intent on the part of the buyer and gives them something to lose if you have to take the boat back. For the buyer, by paying towards the principal your not just pocketing his money on a boat you are most likely upside down on.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by IMAI Rep.
Hello All,

My name is Julie and I work for International Marine. I would just like to clear up a few misconceptions about my company.

First of all...we are not now, nor have we ever been called NATIONAL MARINE. That is a different company. We in fact tried to help out those folks by taking on a few of their problem clients, but unfortunately some of those problems have not been resolved.

Yes we had a boat stolen from our client, The Grady White was stolen and although my company has spent approx $15,000.00 trying to recover that vessel, including hiring private investigators and attorneys, it has not been recovered yet. That particular case is a matter of public record and we have done everything we possibly could to rectify that client. We also advised that client to contact his insurance company to declare that vessel stolen. Unfortunately there are bad people in this world. We screen our clients very carefully, I hate to say that some things are learned though experience, that happened about 6 to 7 years ago, and we have not had anything like that happen since.

You are more than welcome to log on to the BBB and check us out. You are also welcome to check us out on the Michigan Chamber of Commerce as well. Or if you like you can check us out on the New York Stock Exchange under our duns number #78-386-3199. We take every complaint very seriously and we do everything we can to address every single complaint that is brought to our attention. Although there may be 10 - 15 clients who have had an issue that my company has cleared up, there are 350 - 400 that NEVER had a problem.
If you could help me find on the michigan attorney general site with something, somewhere about my company, please direct me in the right direction so I may be able to view it for myself. Because I looked and could not find anything.

In closing, this may NOT be the right decision for your situation. We do not force any of our clients to go though our program. We do however, offer creative financing to folks who would need to get out of their monthly payment, may have negative equity and want to keep as much money in their pocket as possible or are just asking for what they owe. We can also help out folks who own their vessel outright and are open to another option to help sell their boat and collect interest on top of their asking price. If you are in the real estate market or know someone who is, ask them about a land contract. This partnership purchase agreement is set up like that.

To those of you out there who are not interested in dealing with folks who may not be able to obtain conventional financing on a luxury item, (for example if the person went though a nasty divorce 5 years before and the bank won't finance them now...), I am glad that you were not the seller of the 38' Class A Motorhome that I helped my client from Alaska get into, who needed a place to live in Washington State while she was going though cancer treatments and then going to spend a few years travelling the country with her new husband when her treatments were over.

Let's not spoil the bunch because of one bad apple. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you have.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Registered

Interesting group of people. Chuck is very interesting.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

How is it that International Marine hasnt been sued? I have heard of numerous people that have been screwed by that company... Why isnt there a class action against them?
Old 10-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Registered

For what? In many states this is legal. They have 2 million weisel clauses in there contract. The contract is between buyer and so called seller. they collect a fee. As crazy as that sounds that is the fact. i always questionedthose title load places too. Wondering how they can charge 360% interest. And yes...300 plus percent is not a mis type. It doesnt take long to figure out why america is in a crap load of money messes. Our fearless leader Obama (cough cough) should be investing in programs that teach people how to spend and save money WISELY!!!
Old 05-24-2012, 11:48 AM
Registered

Default They Are Back At IT !!! Please Be Aware!!!!

Just FYI to everyone that have been screewed over By International Marine, NMIG, Great Oaks Asset Managment ect... That Chuck Gebell is open and up and running again as BLUEWATER Recreation. The web site and the phones are active.

I got a call from "Bluewater" yesterday and instantly knew this was a scam but did a little research and these fraudsters are operating under a new name with the same people and same scam. I personally have not been scamed by these people but there are literally hundreds of people out there who have so if you are selling your boat please be extremely careful anddo it the old fashioned way - cash or through a bank.

Last edited by slp091167; 05-24-2012 at 12:24 PM.