Thought I'd seen it all at the ramp... >

Thought I'd seen it all at the ramp...

Notices

Thought I'd seen it all at the ramp...

Old 07-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Angry

I've been loading by myself forever. Our ramp is 4 wide and I can be unloaded,tied and my truck parked before anyone else. Unless the dumbasses are blocking the dock ,then it's another story.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm the same way with the loading because it's just me. I power it up all the way, back the motor to a high idle (1200rpm in gear), run up to the nose and just hook the winch up and snug it without leaving the deck of the boat. I can just reach down and only need to give it one or 2 turns at most. Then kill the motor, trim up and pull her out. Takes about 1 min at most after I hop out to secure the winch to be out of the water.

Dean.......I know what you mean about the idiot factor. That's why I tend to use the ramp by Grills in the Canveral Inlet and stay AWAY from the Banana River one. The next time I go to BR, it will be with a video camera!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I got another one!

I was at the AT Factory for a couple days last week; and went over to the 14th Street Ramp in Pompano.

3 guys are pulling out a 22' Pachanga. They trailered it, and pulled up into the parking lot. I am watching a few other amateurs getting a kick.

A few minutes later, I hear VROOOOOOOM. VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM... from the front of the parking lot.

These guys in the Pachanga are revving it up and blowing the water out of it LIKE A JET SKI!!! No water hose hooked up, no nothing. Just a lot of steam and smoke pouring out of the exhaust.

Absolutely hilarious.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 08-06-2007 at 09:36 AM.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:48 AM
Registered

Well their impeller's toast. Next time out they'll be scratching their heads and wondering why they're overheating.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:19 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats friggin Great!!! LMAO!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 09:36 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by UNSANE
I'm the same way with the loading because it's just me. I power it up all the way, back the motor to a high idle (1200rpm in gear), run up to the nose and just hook the winch up and snug it without leaving the deck of the boat. I can just reach down and only need to give it one or 2 turns at most. Then kill the motor, trim up and pull her out. Takes about 1 min at most after I hop out to secure the winch to be out of the water.

Dean.......I know what you mean about the idiot factor. That's why I tend to use the ramp by Grills in the Canveral Inlet and stay AWAY from the Banana River one. The next time I go to BR, it will be with a video camera!!!
Greg,
We went to Lone Cabbage on Sat. in the jet boat, and the rednecks with their bassboats, are just as bad! Man, we boated in the NATIVE WILD florida on Sat, went from Lake winder all the way up to the Beachline bridge and further.
I'll post some pics tonight.
Dean
Old 08-06-2007, 09:50 AM
Registered

Bass boaters are the only people I generally have REAL trouble with. Don't know what the hell their problem is and I don't care. How is that little jet boat working out? I wish I could spare some change for one myself. I would like to explore more of the St. John's further south.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Saw first hand the in-gear stunt at the city launch in Sandusky Ohio yesterday morning. Saw the set-up, then watched in shock as the boat nose popped to side of trailer bunk and boat climbed launch, wedging between truck and dock after running over owner.
Crazy stunt that I would never recommend !
Old 08-06-2007, 10:07 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by UNSANE
Bass boaters are the only people I generally have REAL trouble with. Don't know what the hell their problem is and I don't care. How is that little jet boat working out? I wish I could spare some change for one myself. I would like to explore more of the St. John's further south.
Un,
The Seadoo jet boat is just the coolest little boat, we love it! We have done more unexplored boating, (for us anyway) in that little boat, than I have in all the 17 years I have been here in FL!

I guess the bassboaters think the river belongs to them! I asked one of the bassboaters on the way up the river, if this is the correct channel for the St.Johns, and could we make it all the way up to 528? His reply was, "Good Luck, you probobly get lost"! I said, "Have a nice day" and showed him my Garmin GPS Map 76 CX and off we went! We also found "Camp Deliverence" on the St. Johns, between 520 and 528! There must of been 15 Airboats there! We just came off plane, and idled by and keep going!
Dean
Old 08-06-2007, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was my all time favorite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FshO...elated&search=

Quick Reply: Thought I'd seen it all at the ramp...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.