More Non-Thinkers on their boats >

More Non-Thinkers on their boats

Notices

More Non-Thinkers on their boats

Old 07-30-2007, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gerritm
I don't know why they can't take their wave runners, tubes, skis, and wakeboards and go over to Taylor Lake. Besides the main lake, if they can fit under the Red Bluff bridge, there is an area that is perfect for all of these activities. I tend to keep my boat at slow speeds in Taylor Lake and respect the waverunners and skiers because that is where they should be. This is a great area for them.They should not be in the main channels. Someone is gonna get killed.
So true! I rarely ever go into taylor lake because of all the lake lice. Now i will go back there during the week if i need to test a prop.

If we can ever get a sunday that it does not rain i will be heading out to Redfish.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to live on Taylor lake and ski early in the am and late in the pm... we always skied on upper taylor lake (north of red bluff) or even norht of the train tracks these areas are where the smooth water is anyways... there is even a slalom course which we set up years ago. The idiots skiiing on clear lake are a danger to society in general.. I bet they drive hondas with big tailpipes.

btw.. we used to ski in the kemah channel really eary in the morning.. only people up are sailboaters

Ernie
Old 07-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like one more reason to keep your boat at Lake Travis!
Old 07-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

We have the same thing happen every weekend sharp turn in the river,Let`s pull the kids in the tube . I think one of the worst things we see every weekend is people sitting on top of a cuddy cabin at cruising speed. Don`t these people realize if they get into trouble they are going under the boat.

I think this tread will be around for a while
Old 07-31-2007, 06:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Audiofn
You know who will get the blame when there is an accident!!!
This is really where I was going with thread. Surprised somewhat that it is so prevalent.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:25 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Clay Washington
Sounds like one more reason to keep your boat at Lake Travis!
Until I can get one of them there austin hospitals to pay like the Tx Med Center and have my boat 35 minutes from work and five minutes from the water (dry stack) I'll be down at the coast.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

It's been the same thing down at LOTO this year too, with cruisers and other boats pulling tubes right in the busiest and roughest parts of the main channel. That and all of the jetskier's darting all over, it's only a matter of time before someone gets run over...

It must be the higher price of fuel or just an influx of novice boaters willing to risk life and limb playing in the middle of what could be called on the weekends a water interstate...

There are many places that are perfect for tubing in the numerous medium sized coves... It used to be you'd only see one or two boater's pressing thier luck in the main channel but now it's the norm...

With all of the WP presence down at the lake I would think some of this type of activity would be considered reckless and at the very least discouraged.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SANLEONKID
Until I can get one of them there austin hospitals to pay like the Tx Med Center and have my boat 35 minutes from work and five minutes from the water (dry stack) I'll be down at the coast.
I totally understand.

Unfortunately, Lake Travis also has it share of idiots. Our "party cove" is called Devil's Cove. The entrance to the cove is the busiest place on the entire lake. There are always boats going into and coming out of that area.

I can't tell you how many times I have seen a dad (or mom) pulling a kid on a tube across the entrance to the cove!