Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I Had To Say Goodbye To My Best Friend Today >

I Had To Say Goodbye To My Best Friend Today

Notices

I Had To Say Goodbye To My Best Friend Today

Old 07-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for your loss, I have a 3 year old yellow lab who is also my best friend, hang in there it will get better.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Registered

Yea Baja, I am the same, no wife and kids, just my dogs. I just went out and mowed the lawn, KC will jump on the tractor with me and ride the whole way, it makes it kind of hard to steer but thats ok, I just held her and it made things a lot better. I'll tell you what though, a good cry sure helps, I know I am not done but for about an hour I was more or less out of control. I did tell Tara to find Sienna, my last chocolate lab, and tell her how much fun she had with me, Sienna can relate to that. I hope they hook up and play...and wait for me. I sure wish they lived longer but it is kind of fun starting over after a while. 37, I felt the same, in the end I thought I would throw all the money I had into her but then I remembered that I would be doing it for me and not her and it would not be fair. I wish I knew what went wrong, she was in perfect health always, never a cough or sniffle. She only went to the vet for stitches (from trying to run under a truck) and a blown ACL from running in the snow. I just wish my stomach would get better, it is horrible right now. Thanks for everything, I have chimmed in on every dog that has passed on this site and I am member #472 so it has been a lot of dogs. Thanks again to all.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Very Sorry to hear of your loss.
I even started getting choked up just reading your post.
I can only imagine what you're going through.
I'll be facing the same very soon.
I honestly didn't think my 12 yr Border Collie was going to make it through this past weekend. He took a turn for the better and he decided he wants to hang out a little longer. But, I know that at best I might get a few more weeks.
My Condolences
Old 07-30-2007, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

I remember the day like yesterday that I put my last dog down. The worst day of my life. My wife had to put her poodle down about 6 months before. You are right that nothing prepares you for it. I guess the good part about hurting is that it supports the fact that there was something there. A bond that only a good dog owner knows the feeling of.

After not wanting the hurt again, we swore off dogs....until a couple of years later my wife got a yorkie, and then a few months after that we got french Btittany. We did not think that we could love other dogs as much as we did our last, but we do. The sun will come up tomorrow.

hang in there.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Registered

I always thought I could not love a dog the same after Sienna but you can and each is different. KC is a great dog, she learned more from Tara that I could ever teach her. It made it so easy to have a leader, she taught her all the good manners I taught her. Tara never jumped on anyone and never chewed anything not hers, never. I saw this coming for a month now, she would not eat her food so she ate mine. She also had more french fries that I did because I bought them for her, she knew we were at McDonalds and waited for me to throw them back to her as I drove down the road. So this is how it went....me and Tara for 10 years, no one else, and she slept with me every night and went every place I went. She never spent one nite in a kennel, if I could not bring her I did not go. In fact I am going to take KC out to lk MI right now, I need to keep busy.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by MitchStellin
I did tell Tara to find Sienna, my last chocolate lab, and tell her how much fun she had with me, Sienna can relate to that. I hope they hook up and play...and wait for me.
Mitch:

I recieved this when I lost Wrigley and again with Macy. I don't know if it helps or makes it worse, especially the last couple paragraphs but I have it printed out and framed with photos of my dogs. Hope it helps you.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Old 07-30-2007, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MitchStellin
In fact I am going to take KC out to lk MI right now, I need to keep busy.
Good Idea.
Take him(?) out and go for a run to the middle of the lake. Shut her down, and watch the sunset. Cry for your loss of Tara, but love up KC, he's gotta be missing her too.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Registered

Mitch,
sorry to hear about Tara,she was definitley an awesome dog.
Gonna miss her the next time i make up to your cabin.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Registered

Mitch,
Sorry to hear of your loss
Dan & Vicki
Old 07-30-2007, 06:00 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to read this Mitch. God bless.

Quick Reply: I Had To Say Goodbye To My Best Friend Today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.