Like Tree0Likes

Another Stolen Boat St. Pete, FL

Old 08-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzaleski View Post
Josh, Could you please respond to the page that I sent to your cell phone? I don't know where the boat is but we're working to try to find it.

MJZ
Got it
Old 08-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Registered

The Sheriff will fill you in on how many CC's have been stolen over the last several months. They always show up on Marco, Naples, Ft. Myers or Sanibel beaches within days - bringing 27 new leaches to our tax dollars! They should have stopped letting people into the country this way many years ago! They get $10,000 per head to do it. Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Every single high-power CC in South Florida seems to be in jeopardy this year.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:42 PM
Who Me?
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2006 38TE Fountain

PerfectMix I hate to hear this and I will keep my eyes out on the water and around town. Seems like you had it locked up the best you could. They obviously spent some time and planning on getting your boat. BTW, that 35ZFC Donzi is a sweet boat. I looked at one at the factory last month. I am looking for something smaller and less expensive than my 38TE Fountain.
Mike @ Lightningbay...I know we've had our issues and stuff and I hate that you are having these problems. I wish you the best in getting this issue fixed. Here is a link to a guy that was my neighbor for many many years and avid performance boater.
http://www.adacvideo.com/contact.htm
He owns a security camera business and maybe you all could work something out. Between some cameras, bright night time lighting around the whole yard and a dog or 2 this problem could be solved. Best of luck with this.
Mike
Old 08-07-2007, 07:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeverMike View Post
PerfectMix I hate to hear this and I will keep my eyes out on the water and around town. Seems like you had it locked up the best you could. They obviously spent some time and planning on getting your boat. BTW, that 35ZFC Donzi is a sweet boat. I looked at one at the factory last month. I am looking for something smaller and less expensive than my 38TE Fountain.
Mike @ Lightningbay...I know we've had our issues and stuff and I hate that you are having these problems. I wish you the best in getting this issue fixed. Here is a link to a guy that was my neighbor for many many years and avid performance boater.
http://www.adacvideo.com/contact.htm
He owns a security camera business and maybe you all could work something out. Between some cameras, bright night time lighting around the whole yard and a dog or 2 this problem could be solved. Best of luck with this.
Mike
Thanks for the kind words F.M. and everyone else that has posted. I am still hopiong for the best. I just hope that when, and, if we find the boat it is not in shambles.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Who Me?
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2006 38TE Fountain

I wish you the best! BTW if you do not mind me asking... What was the performance like in your 35 ZFC with twin 275 Verado's? Top speed, cruise speed at 4000rpm and fuel burn and MPG like?

thanks! Mike
Old 08-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Rob
VIP Member
Trade Score: (6)

My Boats: Hustler 388

That sux , Looks like that yard is a target,Best of luck.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Registered

My Boats: '96 Scarab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
Light'em up. Or better yet teach them to swim Chi town style. No one with miss a couple of cinder blocks. These illegals are a real drain on our country!

This is your only option to stopping this chit. I would consider nothing else and you would helping our economy and yours.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeverMike View Post
I wish you the best! BTW if you do not mind me asking... What was the performance like in your 35 ZFC with twin 275 Verado's? Top speed, cruise speed at 4000rpm and fuel burn and MPG like?

thanks! Mike
I would run about 62, in ideal conditions @ 6100rpm. Cruise was in the low 40's @ 4500 and if you drove it nice it would be right around 1.2-1.4 MPG. I would definately recommend the boat, very dry, solid, 9' beam, rides like a dream and looks sporty. It may not be the fastest CC out there but definatley ranks with the best for comfort. Sux that some worthless piece of sh#t has it right now
Old 08-07-2007, 11:32 PM
Registered

My Boats: Renegade 29

This just sux! I'm local as well & this is the 2nd boat I have heard about recently & remeber when you lost your Yamaha. I also have CC in storage & would be heart broken if it were to be stolen. Good luck!

Fevermike, there's a nice 2006 35 at Thunder Marine with Verado for sale .
Old 08-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Registered

My Boats: Donzi & Concept

Lightning Bay here...where PerfectMix's Donzi got stolen. We have tried to do everything we can to protect our stroage customers and our inventory of boats. Since the first boat got stolen, we beefed up our locks, installed 5 cameras and sent letters to all storage customers about the original theft to make them aware of the issue and to secure there boats with some recomended locks.

We have purchased what we have been told are the best locks and chains available, but that did not work. The cameras did not stop them? To hire a guard is extremely costly and ultimately would cost the customer a lot. The St. Pete Sheriff is even considering installing there own surveillance equipment to help out, which we of course agreed too.

Watch dogs - I WISH I could...but my insurance company will not allow it. Unfortunately, even thieves have rights and if someone gets bit, we still have potential exposure to get sued! Sometime the system sucks!

Hopefully we recover the boat soon....and the boat is in good condition. I just don't want anyone to think we take this lightly and we are making every effort to protect our customers that we can.