Notices

IMP Roll Call (Eleganzas, Vipers, etc)

Old 09-19-2007, 01:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
Keytime that boat just got relisted
Yeah, I noticed that. $18k now and likely nobody will bid on it. The colors are a bit dated, but I think it holds up better on the interior than the exterior. Arch is removable, if one is so inclined.
I've emailed the owner and it sounds like a solid boat for the year and hours. Definitely an inexpensive way to get on the water.
I had plans to check out a 1998 IMP Viper this weekend, but that may fall through. Owner apparently got a higher offer after he told me he'd sell the boat to me for a certain price.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im in a little late on this ,,,working out of town. I have a 96 33 viper its heavy but what a wave crusher Ive been in 4+' waves with it and the boat loved it. I have the 7.4's and run mid 60's gps. I get alot of compliments wherever i go with it and no issues with quality or anything else. You get some people on this site who will complain about every and any boat ever made so forget about them!! I love my boat and it fits my budget and my family perfect. Its not fast enough but who has a boat and says it is fast enough!!
Old 09-23-2007, 06:47 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

So Key what are you looking to spend and what do you want for your money?
Old 09-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

This was in the AD... "This boat has thru-hull exhaust exhaust, full tilt with large K-plane type trim tabs." Those look like stamp steel bennett single piston junks those arnt K-Style planes by any means whoe he trying to fool
Old 09-23-2007, 10:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

This was in the AD... "This boat has thru-hull exhaust exhaust, full tilt with large K-plane type trim tabs." Those look like stamp steel bennett single piston junks those arnt K-Style planes by any means whoe he trying to fool
LOL Exactly. He's either a bit naive or a serious bs'er.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

So Key what are you looking to spend and what do you want for your money?
I've been looking mainly at boats around 30' long. Considering this will be my first big boat, something around 31' would work best and I could trailer it to another lake if I wanted to, although it would spend it's time mostly on a lift at LOTO.
I've made a couple offers for $40k for newer boats, and I'd have to say that's my limit. If I could get a solid starter boat for much less, that would be great as well. But when ya go older, there's the potential for more maintenance, obviously.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:19 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Thats true Key. there are a few around here let me know the power your looking for i think i might be able to help you out
Mike
Old 09-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

For a first boat, power isn't the highest priority. I'm putting reliability over that so I'm not working on this boat any more than necessary. After I get my feet wet, so to speak, I can get a better idea of what I want in the next boat. So, stock power (unless upgrades don't affect reliability) is most preferred.
I'm concerned about getting a saltwater boat, though. I assume that's mainly what you have in your area, right?
Old 09-24-2007, 05:11 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Key yes salt water i know of a sweet formula its a 27 i know u were looking for 30's but this is a great buy for the money and its in impecable shape. lets put it this way even the Aluminum trailer it sits on gets buffed waxed and polished every year
Old 09-24-2007, 05:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Key yes salt water i know of a sweet formula its a 27 i know u were looking for 30's but this is a great buy for the money and its in impecable shape. lets put it this way even the Aluminum trailer it sits on gets buffed waxed and polished every year
For LOTO weekend chop, I think a 27 Formula is gonna knock my teeth out.

Quick Reply: IMP Roll Call (Eleganzas, Vipers, etc)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.