Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Any info on this ebay fountain >

Any info on this ebay fountain

Notices

Any info on this ebay fountain

Old 09-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ad says the boat is in CA. Is it Miami or CA? Something doesn't sound right.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by fishead
Yeah,I work for the airlines so going to see it is not the problem.I spoke to the sellers agent and he doesnt speak english very good.Says if I buy it and dont like it I can get a refund.I went through the prequalification to bid but by the time I got it it was over the buy it now.Why would someone just not buy it now before it got to over 100K.
Sorry, you are missing my point.

In IE, you click the page and it will flash, very quickly, the REAL listing which is not a buy it now. it is a real bid, currently at 101k.

In FireFox, it loads the real listing. This is a scam/spoof/whatever.

In IE, when you click "contact the seller" it takes you to an email. In FireFox, it takes you to a contact page (like the rest of eBay works) THIS IS A SCAM. Load the page in FireFox and see for yourself. (FireFox is a free browser, download it, install it, and use it... it helps stop scams like this)
Old 09-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by texaschopper
if something already seems a tad off regarding the auction, but you want the boat...before I spent a 100K I would spend 650 on a plane ticket to go see and speak with someone in person

Even if you live to be 150 this is the best advice you'll ever hear.
Attached Thumbnails Any info on this ebay fountain-boat2_846.jpg  
Old 09-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could not agree more.Scam!
Old 09-10-2007, 02:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Many, many boats each year are sold by buyer's brokers who have never seen the boat or spoken to the owner. Some may even be for sale elsewhere and the "broker" will try to get your $$ and put together a co-broker deal- that's if you're lucky.

Professional thieves know that many people suddenly become situationally stupid in the presence of a hot deal. The depend on the natural vice of greed to get someone to act before they think.

The auction has definitely been hijacked. If you click "stop" as soon as the page loads, you can see the sale at $101K. There's no pre-approved bidder requirement on the real auction. The real auction shows the boat in California, the phony is in "FREE SHIPPING!"

Does this info mean anything to you- maybe the person you spoke to?

Registrant:
Mobek Auto Sales And Leasing Inc.
Kamal Kahil [email protected]
3087 Danforth Ave.

Scarborough, On M1L1A9
CA
416-759-6347 Fax: 416-691-7367

Administrative Contact:
Kamal Kahil [email protected]
3087 Danforth Ave.

If you load the page and then select "view" and "source" you get these redirects from sofe.com, the guy above. There's no website associated with that address. You'd wonder why a guy in Ontario is selling a boat in California.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

.Bid says 101K but he insists that I can still have it for buy it now.
Item number: 170147188047
Hell, I'll sell it to you for half of the BIN. PM me for the address to mail the money to
Old 09-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Scam Stay Away
Old 09-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Saw this and have been in contact with sellers agent.Have to be approved bidder.I was approved and was instructed by ebay to send 6900 to an ebay agent because the seller is using the 20K buyer protection.What do you guys think.Boat is in Miami.I have talked to agent but his english is not good.Bid says 101K but he insists that I can still have it for buy it now.
Item number: 170147188047

The worst part is the $6,900. Did you send that to the "eBay Agent"? I sure hope not.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out the sellers feedback....0
Old 09-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
In IE, you click the page and it will flash, very quickly, the REAL listing which is not a buy it now. it is a real bid, currently at 101k.

In FireFox, it loads the real listing. This is a scam/spoof/whatever.

In IE, when you click "contact the seller" it takes you to an email. In FireFox, it takes you to a contact page (like the rest of eBay works) THIS IS A SCAM. Load the page in FireFox and see for yourself. (FireFox is a free browser, download it, install it, and use it... it helps stop scams like this)
You are absolutely right. How can this happen ? How can an ebay item get modified when using IE and not FireFox ?

Quick Reply: Any info on this ebay fountain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.