Notices

500 EFI's

Old 09-23-2007, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

You can do some internal mods, raise the compression, and install some aluminum heads and make 600 hp. That is about all the stock 500 EFI intake is good for. Sure you can extrude hone and port it, but that's not going to be worth much more.
For about the same money, you can install the Whipple and make way more power and do it a lot quicker and easier. It is the best bang for the buck.Plus you can always go back to stock to sell the boat and install the Whipples on the new boat.Hope this helps, Eddie.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
You can do some internal mods, raise the compression, and install some aluminum heads and make 600 hp. That is about all the stock 500 EFI intake is good for. Sure you can extrude hone and port it, but that's not going to be worth much more.
For about the same money, you can install the Whipple and make way more power and do it a lot quicker and easier. It is the best bang for the buck.Plus you can always go back to stock to sell the boat and install the Whipples on the new boat.Hope this helps, Eddie.

Thank you Eddie, it does help, and I think if I end up with a 500 EFI motor the whipple is what I will do.

Just waiting for mine to be complete and put it in the classifieds. I pick it up from paint this week !!!!
Old 09-23-2007, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky strike
Tanner..... The way I've seen your 98 Cig run you need to take those engines out & put them in a twin step.
I would think you would be over 100 mph.

LS

I did think of that, but my engines are a great set up for the 98 boat, an I kind of like the fuel injection. Whoever ends up with my boat wwill have new engines and drives for alot of worry free boating.