Got a letter from the county today...

Notices

Got a letter from the county today...

Old 09-21-2007, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by candyman35
I'd be hot!

I would talk with the local inspector and let him know you didn't realize it was a violation of the local code and have complied with the code. I would also ask who the complaint came from. I think you would have the right to know. Depending on how their property looks it might be time for a few complaints of your own.

Dan
Dan - good to hear from you. If you remember, we met back at the formula factory tour 2 years ago.
Yeah, I'm leaning towards calling in Mr. code enforcement boy, and pointing out all the other crap going on. I imagine I'll never get the name of the complaintaint.
I have had plenty complaints of my own, but never voiced them, it hasn't been too bad ( the "violations") and I've kinda been "live and let live".
But if someone want's to throw down the gauntlet...
Old 09-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Clay Washington
I had a worse problem in my last neighborhood. We had alleys, and I parked my 22-foot Crownline on a boat pad in the back. You couldn't see it from the street, but you could see it from the alley.

I got a letter from the Covenence Committee saying that they could see my boat from a "public area". Apparently, the alley is a public area!

I had to build a 16-foot, double hinged gate to keep people from seeing the boat from the alley!
OK, But around here, I tried to get a permit to put up my fence, they said I didn't need one (never heard of this before).
As long as I was within my plot plan I was good. So I stayed 6" in - just to make sure.
I could probably build a storage building about 40x12-16 and get away with it and get the County blessing, but in the mean time I can't have my boat in the driveway...
Old 09-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

put it in the back and as soon as you get your power back start firing it up on the hose on a regular basis...
Old 09-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
I don't care if I pizz off the neighbors, I don't associate with any of them anyway.
Be careful. All those 14 kids will be old enough to be PUNK kids in the near future and may visit your house with all the nice toys and tools in the future.

They may remember the azzhole down the street from the T-111 daycare.

Or they'll just egg your boat.

Sucks, I know, I fight with my neighbors all the time but they gave up when I started parking the scarab in the front yard and tuning the motors. I leave it hooked to my dually because it is not my work truck and they can't do chit because it says leaving -UN ATTENDED- trailers. If I don't unhook it, they can't do chit.

They did call the cops when I was tuning a carb at 2am after I came home from the bar hammered. I guess they will always find a new way to pick on me for having the big toy in the neighborhood.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Registered

Your neighbors are as******! Move the boat so you are in compliance with the city regs. Then go out and run the engine at 2am for a couple days in a row. Eventually the loser that reported you to the city will be so angry he/she will confront you themselves. Then you know who it is and you can make their life miserable.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:27 AM
Registered

Lets see a photyo of your yard art. How much of an eye sore you are creating Come on most poeple that drive by say look at that sweet ride. Soorry about your luck.

I would tell you a story about my neighbors and the cops and some fireworks I had (they were illegal in MI) but the story is too long and these neighbors are even patients of mine! Whatever....
Old 09-22-2007, 06:12 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
But, I'm thinking on Monday of calling the Code Enforcement Officer, and requesting a meeting in the driveway to take a walk and just get him started on the other violations.
Yup...
Old 09-22-2007, 06:25 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Aren't Home owners' associations a variation of fascist rulers? They should be illegal.

we have some sillyy bylaws up here too. As long as the front of my trailer doesn't extend past the front wall of my house, I can keep literally anything in my drive way sooooooo, I extended my drive way 60 feet up the side of the house and into my back yard.

Now I have the boat on the trailer plus a 20 foot enclosed snowmobile trailer and my tow rig sitting there as well as our cars. Its usually easier to beat them at their own game than to try and fight the petty, power crazed municipal government enforcers.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:30 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

i think calling the code man and getting the 1 on 1 meeting is the way to go..

do you have a HOA ? or any deed restrictions? new subdivisions love that (at least here)..good luck!!
Old 09-22-2007, 07:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by drpete3
Lets see a photyo of your yard art. How much of an eye sore you are creating Come on most poeple that drive by say look at that sweet ride. Soorry about your luck.
Here's my "offensive" yard ornament.

I'll give you that I have everything stripped from the transom right now for patch and paint, but you can't see it unless you're sitting in my garage. It's not like I set up a temporary spray booth in the front yard. If my neighbors have both their cars in the driveway, you can't even see the boat as you drive down the street.

No, there is no HOA, just local code. They are so lax on everything else, I didn't think the boat in the driveway would be a problem.
I need to run and pick up some bilge paint this morning, oh and pick up my "Certified Mail" from the county...
I'm planning on just rolling it into the backyard Sunday afternoon/evening after I'm done working on it this weekend.
And I'll call the Code Officer on Monday.
If somebody wants to bitsch, I might as well piss off the entire neighborhood.
Attached Thumbnails Got a letter from the county today...-hpim0876.jpg   Got a letter from the county today...-hpim0878.jpg  

Quick Reply: Got a letter from the county today...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.