Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Got a letter from the county today... >

Got a letter from the county today...

Notices

Got a letter from the county today...

Old 09-24-2007, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shoot, I think it looks great... ask your a hole neighbor if they would rather look at that or somoe engines, transmissions, and bathtubs sit out there.... there is always going to be the jealous, type that hasnothgin else to to but *****. your better than them, I would drop 4 patio pavers down next to the house and set the trailer on that. Good luck man.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to keep that boat in my driveway in downtown Huntington Beach, California!

Tim, figure out who complained, don't say anything to anyone, and about once every six months, douse their car in brake fluid. Karma is what you make of it!
Old 09-24-2007, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I cant ever imagine living in an HOA or anywhere where
people cant man up and tell you something in person.
My current nieghborhood has one road in and out,
everyone knows everyone and if anyone had such a small
sack to call an inspector on anyone else there would be a
group at his front door that same day to show them the
error of their ways.

Last edited by HTRDLNCN; 09-24-2007 at 02:10 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:54 PM
Registered

i think i would tell them to kiss my ass .
Old 09-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by eichhoma
Shoot, I think it looks great... ask your a hole neighbor if they would rather look at that or somoe engines, transmissions, and bathtubs sit out there.... there is always going to be the jealous, type that hasnothgin else to to but *****. your better than them, I would drop 4 patio pavers down next to the house and set the trailer on that. Good luck man.
Thanks.
Engines, transmissions, bathtubs (and in this case apparently HOT TUBS) are legal in a driveway. Boats and RV's aren't.
You gotta remember, this is Kentucky - I never chose to move here, but work dictated it to be a place to move.
I moved it into the backyard yesterday evening. I haven't put the pavers under the trailer, just parked it back there - so I'm not in FULL compliance yet. But, who's gonna check. I was just too beat after laying on my back under the hull all day filling in nicks and scratches and getting prepped for paint.

This isn't a HOA, this is county code.

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
I used to keep that boat in my driveway in downtown Huntington Beach, California!

Tim, figure out who complained, don't say anything to anyone, and about once every six months, douse their car in brake fluid. Karma is what you make of it!
Apparently it was someone from the complete opposite side of the neighborhood. They where complaining about a 26' Cabin cruiser in their neighbors driveway, so it caused the code guy to go through the entire neighborhood.
Fortunately for me, when I bought the house, I picked a lot that I had enough room to get a boat in the backyard. Many of the lots around here only have a few feet on each side. I've got about 12' or more, and when I put the fence up, I built a double swing out gate that looks like regular fence, but is actually hinged to open the whole width. It makes it a PITA, but I'll just pull it into the driveway every Friday night to work on over the weekend, and back in the yard Sunday until it goes to indoor winter storage.

The biggest problem I have is that the code states that an RV/Boat can be no longer than 25'. If I owned the Freakin' Queen Mary, and had enough yard for it, there's no reason I shouldn't be able to keep it in my backyard. It's my land, right??

I do like the brake fluid idea, it does make pretty quick work...
Old 09-24-2007, 06:37 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

We live in a townhouse and I keep the boat trailer and enclosed motorcycle trailer on the state owned land behind my place alongside my shed. I keep it neat and the grass cut so if anybody has a problem ...they can kiss my ASS!!
Old 09-24-2007, 07:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by R Addiction
We live in a townhouse and I keep the boat trailer and enclosed motorcycle trailer on the state owned land behind my place alongside my shed. I keep it neat and the grass cut so if anybody has a problem ...they can kiss my ASS!!
we think a like r add .hope your family is doing great . robbie.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:39 PM
Registered

I am right across the river in western hills had a 26 boston whaler in the back drive way of my house one of my neigbors said i would probally get a letter from the township. Never got a thing and I have two judges that live right behind me? I guess you never can tell.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:16 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Thanks.
Engines, transmissions, bathtubs (and in this case apparently HOT TUBS) are legal in a driveway. Boats and RV's aren't.
You gotta remember, this is Kentucky - I never chose to move here, but work dictated it to be a place to move.
I moved it into the backyard yesterday evening. I haven't put the pavers under the trailer, just parked it back there - so I'm not in FULL compliance yet. But, who's gonna check. I was just too beat after laying on my back under the hull all day filling in nicks and scratches and getting prepped for paint.

This isn't a HOA, this is county code.

Apparently it was someone from the complete opposite side of the neighborhood. They where complaining about a 26' Cabin cruiser in their neighbors driveway, so it caused the code guy to go through the entire neighborhood.
Fortunately for me, when I bought the house, I picked a lot that I had enough room to get a boat in the backyard. Many of the lots around here only have a few feet on each side. I've got about 12' or more, and when I put the fence up, I built a double swing out gate that looks like regular fence, but is actually hinged to open the whole width. It makes it a PITA, but I'll just pull it into the driveway every Friday night to work on over the weekend, and back in the yard Sunday until it goes to indoor winter storage.

The biggest problem I have is that the code states that an RV/Boat can be no longer than 25'. If I owned the Freakin' Queen Mary, and had enough yard for it, there's no reason I shouldn't be able to keep it in my backyard. It's my land, right??

I do like the brake fluid idea, it does make pretty quick work...

just dont let him in your back yard to mesure it.If its behind a gate they cant

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I had my 38ft boat on the road in front of my house for about 5 years. Being a corner house I have lots of street frontage.

Everyone in the neighborhood was pretty cool about it, they used it as a landmark to turn etc. People would come and have a chat, totally amazed.

Then one day the old bloke next door passed away. He was a great guy, retired mechanic, always coming over to play with my toys.

Anyway a new guy bought the house and built a new one to sell. A few weeks before it was completed, on Good Friday, I got a law enforcement officer knocking on my door and saying that I had 4 hours to move the boat.

The laws in Sydney Australia are a little different, you are allowed to park whatever you want on your property, so I grabbed a sledge hammer, knocked down the brick fence right next to my neighbor and put the boat right there. I bought a couple of old cars for a few hundred dollars and parked them there as well.

He sold it for about $100k less than he expected.

Now I have cleaned it all up again...

Quick Reply: Got a letter from the county today...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.