Why Apache are so expensive? >

Why Apache are so expensive?

Notices

Why Apache are so expensive?

Old 10-17-2007, 02:36 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ChiefApache89
Awwww, look at the baby sleeping on the bench....cute!

We put about 23 hours from Aug 24 to Oct 8, so not too bad for only having the boat 6 weeks!
Yeah the sleeping baby was last Sunday. Great day, 80 degrees plus. We were on our way back from a watering hole that has a beach for the kids and he crashed out as soon as I flipped the toggles and hit start. My wife was sitting next to him and I told her to get a pic.

He actually slept like that a couple weeks before when the OSS national championships was overwith and we had the snottiest washing machine water of the season.

We are so glad that we found our apache!
Old 10-17-2007, 04:03 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TrippM
A 65 Corvette Gran Sport?
Offtopic.
Check my spelling and youīll get it...or if you donīt you aint a car freak.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ChiefApache89
No, he hasn't taken it to the limit yet because we didnt' go out in big water. There's a lot to learn with that, so we took on some 2 to 4's and 3 to 5's and want to try to ease into it.

We've only owned the boat less than two months. Next season (now that's she's out for the winter) we'll push her a little more, and a little more.

Itīs more than wise to not rip everything out with the family.

So seems not many drop the hammer here owning pelasure versions but just cruise with them.
Just wonder at those mellow speeds if a Formula 419 SR-1 couldnīt run just as good.
I bet they will with the proper operator.

Looks etc is the another thing but like I said before Thereīs a Big difference between a normal commuter and a Racer...

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 10-17-2007 at 04:34 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by speedo
PTM'S Express. Phil Mashinski.

Eric....
My all time Favourite of them 47īs.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther
thanks for correcting me and further making my point...
Offtopic.
Nope..you didnīt get it...if you want the original youīll get a AC Cobra...a Mark4 it is nowadays as AC is the true factory who designed and completed the whole program.
Shelby just advertised and took credit of completing one and changed the name in US to Shelby Cobra back in the 60īs.
Brits did and designed the whole car from zero in the early 60īs and had it ready before shipping the first example to Shelby less engine and trans.
Now you wouldnīt find it a surprise if the Cobra didnīt run on itīs own power in secret in Britain first and not at Shelby american as itīs so well touted everywhere...just like ZR-1īs was run in secret first in Britain by Lotus and then had to be scrapped..problem is the Brits never scrapped them but made only a written statement they did (Don Aronow wouldīve called that outsmarting Iīm sure)..

Shelby had just a thought and was a helluva salesman..just like Don Aronow.
So If you want an originalhereīs a tip :
Itīs made in Britain and is called a mk4 AC Cobra as thatīs how long AC had to wait to get the credit and rights to do the real thing.

Corvette is a genuine American Sportscar or was until 1983 at least...I donīt think Mark and Lucy disagrees on this

topic

Regarding Apaches then IMO there can be bought genuine ones from McManus as he was building the 41īs in the beginning and after the split with "Bob And Ben" Bob is continuing with all up to 36īs and McManus stayed with Ben and later got all the rights for Apache.
He surely can build one according to the original buildplan, has the molds and also can build an updated boat too if anyone wants one.
Regarding a True Apache (if McManuses arent counted) in my eyes it has to one from the timeframe where Bobby and Ben was together building boats and Don Aronow was alive and giving his guidance to the projects, that narrows some a lot or what?
Those up to early 87īs are the only ones and especially the racers that can command a higher price as a boat or a project if being in somewhat condition if we really draw the bottom line.
Otherwise itīs just as the Cobra story where Ol Shel sues everyone that dares to mention the C word despite the fact he doesnīt have his heart in it anymore...(heīs on his third heart..second transplanted..)
So thereīs another snakecharmer in my eyes...

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 10-17-2007 at 05:13 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:30 AM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
Offtopic.
Check my spelling and youīll get it...or if you donīt you aint a car freak.
I already figured it out as there's only two Corvette Grand Sport roadsters and neither one needs restoration.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

My all time Favourite of them 47īs.
AMERICAN PIE................
Attached Thumbnails Why Apache are so expensive?-14.jpg   Why Apache are so expensive?-vette.jpg  
Old 10-17-2007, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Itīs more than wise to not rip everything out with the family.

So seems not many drop the hammer here owning pelasure versions but just cruise with them.
Just wonder at those mellow speeds if a Formula 419 SR-1 couldnīt run just as good.
I bet they will with the proper operator.

Looks etc is the another thing but like I said before Thereīs a Big difference between a normal commuter and a Racer...
We hammer her down, just don't stay in it for miles at a time. It's not worth blowing the motors. Can you stay in it enough to pass your friends and enjoy the fun and razzing of it later? Yes you can.

Blowers are new to us. When we started looking at boats I told my husband no way on the blowers. Hmmm, didn't win that one. I also told him no old boats. Hmmmm, lost another one! However, our motors, done by Tommy at Chief, are so set up in our boat that us, along with many of our boating friends, are surprisingly pleased at how well they run and operate.

Do I know that one day something's going to happen that's going to cost us some money? Damn it, yes. But like I said earlier, there are always trade offs. My husband is smart enough to keep up on the maintenace of what it takes to keep the motors in good running condition, change the drive fluid every 20 hours as told, etc. More mainteance....but we have more boat, so to us it's worth it. To some, it isn't.

By the way, changed our name from rastinger to ChiefApache89. The Chief avatar just didn't go well with rastinger:-)
Old 10-17-2007, 07:48 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Regarding Apaches then IMO there can be bought genuine ones from McManus as he was building the 41īs in the beginning and after the split with "Bob And Ben" Bob is continuing with all up to 36īs and McManus stayed with Ben and later got all the rights for Apache.
He surely can build one according to the original buildplan, has the molds and also can build an updated boat too if anyone wants one.
Regarding a True Apache (if McManuses arent counted) in my eyes it has to one from the timeframe where Bobby and Ben was together building boats and Don Aronow was alive and giving his guidance to the projects, that narrows some a lot or what?
Those up to early 87īs are the only ones and especially the racers that can command a higher price as a boat or a project if being in somewhat condition if we really draw the bottom line.
Otherwise itīs just as the Cobra story where Ol Shel sues everyone that dares to mention the C word despite the fact he doesnīt have his heart in it anymore...(heīs on his third heart..second transplanted..)
So thereīs another snakecharmer in my eyes...
I can agree with that......which is all the more reason why they are rare and have been demanding higher prices.....

McManus "officially" owns the Apache rights as of what, a few years ago?? Much time has passed since the 80's and window of opportunity to keep the name alive has has past IMHO. Also, McManus hasn't built any Apache's, he's built "Commanche's" and spent the rest of the time refurbishing the older "Apaches". Now that he has the official rights, they are again "Apache's". Also, he never built the boats, he was in charge of operations and given control of the company when the government seized everything....from what I remember.

Again, all this history, heritage etc. adds to the aura of owning one of this pieces of offshore racing history.... AC Cobra, Shelby Cobra, what have you....they are both RARE and SOUGHT AFTER, which typically demands a higher price. If people don't find value in that, they simply don't purchase one, OR they just complain how expensive they are.

And a 1995 37' OuterLimits "on average" is demanding a higher resale than a 1995 36' Apache ($80-110K vs. $115-160K).... Both boats are no longer in production by either company.....but I know where the 37 OL molds are...the 36' Apache molds are cut up....
Old 10-17-2007, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As long as an Apache exists, the option for a mold exists too!

Quick Reply: Why Apache are so expensive?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.