Whats going on with Fred @ Trick?

Notices

Whats going on with Fred @ Trick?

Old 11-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 908 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
for someone who only has 90 posts a yr why don't you go lurk somewhere else same for the goof under your post who has 4 in 2 yrs nothing like kicking someone when there down, and both of you must work for people because if you did own your own co you would understand when your new and small co and get hit with the deaths he has, its had to run a co. I now first hand what its like and it sucks. why don't you 2 post threads on your boats tell us what you have or a positive thread about anything instead of chit on someone you don't KNOW. unless your teens
woah woah woah Zoomnfn is good people...i know him personaly....Fred i know as well...partied with him at LOTO No one is saying anything bad about him on a personal level...its only the business side of things that being discussed...There will always be people that will have bad experiences with some business no matter how hard a business tries to be good at what they do.

So is it wrong to tell your side of a story when your the one that gets the short end of the stick? If that was the case then Powerplay would still be "business as usuall"

Over the few years i've been on OSO ive heard numerous stories about people....and if you read enough of the board you can even come to your own conclusions about others if you pay attention closely......I choose to keep quiet and only speak when i just cant keep quiet anymore

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 11-14-2007, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

well sorry but, like I said, I 've been there , FREDS a good man and if it wasn't for him we would all be paying higher prices, and over the last 17 to 20yrs I have had problems with other boat part Co's out in the west coast, no names . maybe this thread should be poofed if people don't like the posts
Old 11-14-2007, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

for someone who only has 90 posts a yr why don't you go lurk somewhere else same for the goof under your post who has 4 in 2 yrs nothing like kicking someone when there down, and both of you must work for people because if you did own your own co you would understand when your new and small co and get hit with the deaths he has, its had to run a co. I now first hand what its like and it sucks. why don't you 2 post threads on your boats tell us what you have or a positive thread about anything instead of chit on someone you don't KNOW.
Would you consider me a lurker? would you consider 18K a small order? Would you be pissed if you spent that much money in March, and got all of your parts in August?
Old 11-14-2007, 03:13 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

for someone who only has 90 posts a yr why don't you go lurk somewhere else same for the goof under your post who has 4 in 2 yrs nothing like kicking someone when there down, and both of you must work for people because if you did own your own co you would understand when your new and small co and get hit with the deaths he has, its had to run a co. I now first hand what its like and it sucks. why don't you 2 post threads on your boats tell us what you have or a positive thread about anything instead of chit on someone you don't KNOW.
Based on my 4,000+ posts and running a 160 employee plant my opinion should count for something in your book.

I gave Fred (and then James) 4+ months to get my order correct a year ago. I recieved 3 shipments and had to return 3shipments for an order of 7 total items. In the end I still did not recieve all the items I ordered and made almost 20 calls in those 4 months. (I did not call even once for 1 MONTH when his son was killed). In all those calls I recieved not even ONE return call.
Fred seems like a really nice guy, we're not making this a personal issue....just business. From all your drunken posts I believe you would have wanted someone to warn you about your crooked neighbor if someone else had already figured that guy out.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

What does yearly post count have to do with anything here? Their opinion is as relevant as anyone's on the board. If you are open for business, then you should meet your customer's needs. If for whatever reason you are temporarily unable to meet customer needs, then update the phone message and website accordingly. I have a hard time defending someone's business that continues to take orders and money yet does not fill the orders.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

blah blah blah blah blah..
Wow.. Back away from the expresso machine dude...

As damn near everyone has said, Fred is a good guy, but if his company has issues and he is not personally handling them REGARDLESS of current personal issues with an employee, family or partner, then it doesnt say much for the company, hence the owner takes the heat..

And yes, thats from extremely personal experience. Been there, done that, DON'T want the tee shirt...
Old 11-14-2007, 03:44 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
Would you consider me a lurker? would you consider 18K a small order? Would you be pissed if you spent that much money in March, and got all of your parts in August?
I went through the same thing 2 years ago when fred or trick wasnt having any issues... there is a distinct pattern.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

BTW, charging someone for parts BEFORE they are ready for shipping is a pretty major violation of credit card terms I do believe.. Taking a deposit is one thing, but charging in full days, weeks or months before shipping is a WHOLE nother slice o pie...
Old 11-14-2007, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whatabout1
But I still see stuff selling and shipping on Ebay only Trick has
had a name change.

Seems like someone could be selling off on hand inventory before going under.
This is TOTAL Bull Chit. The user name on ebay has been the same since 1999. If you have a problem with Trick, post them, but don't lie about stuff.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 320es
I have ordered a couple of things from Trick and had no problems. I really do like to support vendors from this site and fred's prices are great but there have been a number of similar threads to this one lately and I am nervous about placing another order with them.
ditto.

Quick Reply: Whats going on with Fred @ Trick?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.