Like Tree0Likes

38? The Best Ride In The Rough

Reply
Old 11-17-2007, 11:18 PM
  #91
OSO Moderator
Charter Member
 
BillR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
My Boats: '00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
Posts: 3,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
I agree 100% except in this case the post was written by OSO Steve who has had several Powerplays (2 of which were 38's). Steve is extremely fair when giving his opinion on the boards.
Well, what does Steve drive now???? I rest my case!
__________________
BillR

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
BillR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 11:23 PM
  #92
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillR View Post
Well, what does Steve drive now???? I rest my case!
Well with 12/13 in existence you could argue that the PP maybe tough to come by..................

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...t=38+Powerplay
See Post #8
Jupiter Sunsation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:55 AM
  #93
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Jassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 9,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillR View Post
Well, what does Steve drive now???? I rest my case!


If PP was still in business and things did not go down the way that they did I bet he would still have a Power Play over the Top Gun. I've owned a older SS TG, been there done that, thank god for the twin step TG, which is an excellent boat.

I've ridden in a 38PP, actually tried to buy one after I sold Radio Active. Beautiful boat from top to bottom..A better boat at the time (04) but not now comparibly and not for the price. Let's just say I didnt feel comfortable at the time with Dan, and my assumptions were right. It also was 122k more with Identicle power/drives than my A.T. Anyways the 38 PP is not a 38, it actually is more like a 39+, and is larger than many boats to date of boats in it's same size. When you are able to put them side by side in the water you will see what I'm talking about. It is definately heavier, and the way the hull/step was designed goes through the waves yeilding a somewhat softer ride than other boats mentioned in this thread.


Bottom line everyone is going to buy what they feel fit's their application. All boats have different attitudes with different types of water. All I can say is a few companies have really improved over the last few years where some have been there a few years ahead. Take out the fancy paint jobs, the eye candy B.S....check out the rigging, engine compartments, and wiring behind dash. Check out the stitching, padding, and so on...I meen look, CLOSELY, not a once over cause your excited just getting a ride, look at the boat as if your going to own it a lifetime, or bring someone along who knows their stuff...then I say buy what ever fits you best..BUT..take the time to drive them all, don't listen to half the chest beating that goes on here on OSO. What ever you buy, I wish you luck, and enjoy it, cause I sure love boating and all the wonderful things it has done to my family and friensds. Jeff
Jassman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:00 AM
  #94
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Jassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 9,371
Default

OSO
Administrators





Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,449
I like them all!!
Re: Black 38 Powerplay could be yours

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwestern
Damn It, someone buy my ride!

Steve, did it eat up that calm lake water in Chicago last weekend?



Well 60 boats left the dock and only 15 or so made it to the first card stop. The rest turned around because it was too rough. The Powerplay was one of the ones that made it.

The boat is an absolute wave crusher and I put it up against any twin step of its size.

And yes the Plasma TV was still hanging on the wall at the end of the run which is more than I can say for several of the other boats that fell apart.

The boat is owned by three business partners of which only one of them can drive it. Differences in opinion of how the boat shoud be used (business vs pleasure) forces sale.

I would buy the boat myself but I already have two others.
__________________
For the Love of the Sport!!!
Jassman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:39 AM
  #95
Registered
Platinum Member
 
THEJOKER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lake Lanier - N. Georgia
My Boats: Being a great husband and dad , boats , golf
Posts: 6,307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
OSO
Administrators





Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,449
I like them all!!
Re: Black 38 Powerplay could be yours

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwestern
Damn It, someone buy my ride!

Steve, did it eat up that calm lake water in Chicago last weekend?



Well 60 boats left the dock and only 15 or so made it to the first card stop. The rest turned around because it was too rough. The Powerplay was one of the ones that made it.

The boat is an absolute wave crusher and I put it up against any twin step of its size.


__________________
For the Love of the Sport!!!
You heard it from the boss!
THEJOKER is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:36 AM
  #96
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Mentalpause's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: IL...LOTO
My Boats: Nor-Tech 340 CC
Posts: 3,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
If PP was still in business and things did not go down the way that they did I bet he would still have a Power Play over the Top Gun. I've owned a older SS TG, been there done that, thank god for the twin step TG, which is an excellent boat.

I've ridden in a 38PP, actually tried to buy one after I sold Radio Active. Beautiful boat from top to bottom..A better boat at the time (04) but not now comparibly and not for the price. Let's just say I didnt feel comfortable at the time with Dan, and my assumptions were right. It also was 122k more with Identicle power/drives than my A.T. Anyways the 38 PP is not a 38, it actually is more like a 39+, and is larger than many boats to date of boats in it's same size. When you are able to put them side by side in the water you will see what I'm talking about. It is definately heavier, and the way the hull/step was designed goes through the waves yeilding a somewhat softer ride than other boats mentioned in this thread.


Bottom line everyone is going to buy what they feel fit's their application. All boats have different attitudes with different types of water. All I can say is a few companies have really improved over the last few years where some have been there a few years ahead. Take out the fancy paint jobs, the eye candy B.S....check out the rigging, engine compartments, and wiring behind dash. Check out the stitching, padding, and so on...I meen look, CLOSELY, not a once over cause your excited just getting a ride, look at the boat as if your going to own it a lifetime, or bring someone along who knows their stuff...then I say buy what ever fits you best..BUT..take the time to drive them all, don't listen to half the chest beating that goes on here on OSO. What ever you buy, I wish you luck, and enjoy it, cause I sure love boating and all the wonderful things it has done to my family and friensds. Jeff
Is there a boat that you have not been in?

38PP - The last hull ever made!
Attached Thumbnails
38? The Best Ride In The Rough-p8270542.jpg   38? The Best Ride In The Rough-p8270545.jpg   38? The Best Ride In The Rough-p8270557.jpg  

Mentalpause is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:38 AM
  #97
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalpause View Post
Is there a boat that you have not been in?

38PP - The last hull ever made!
John,

Post what that boat looked like when it was finished by Wayne/Joe!
Jupiter Sunsation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:42 AM
  #98
Forum Regulator
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
Sydwayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Worldwide
My Boats: 17' Speedliner Cat & O.P.B.
Posts: 21,922
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillR View Post
Sydwayz, why does every post you make about AT sound like "Skippy Slick Promotions"? LOL
I am a little excitable at times. Its hard not to be enthusiastic about a product that really works, but its not just the product. The "cult" is the best part about it.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 11-18-2007 at 11:51 AM.
Sydwayz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:00 PM
  #99
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Mentalpause's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: IL...LOTO
My Boats: Nor-Tech 340 CC
Posts: 3,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
John,

Post what that boat looked like when it was finished by Wayne/Joe!
13 months later, just a few weeks before they started making the molds.
Attached Thumbnails
38? The Best Ride In The Rough-pics-before-moldings-003.jpg   38? The Best Ride In The Rough-pics-before-moldings-006.jpg   38? The Best Ride In The Rough-pics-before-moldings-010.jpg  

Mentalpause is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:04 PM
  #100
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalpause View Post
13 months later, just a few weeks before they started making the molds.
No I meant the one where it is leaving the factory on the trailer.................1/2 at a time
Jupiter Sunsation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
hangem out 2dry
Hustler
19
07-10-2008 10:17 AM
hemihead
Formula
4
02-25-2008 10:03 PM
pantera133
Scarab
8
08-11-2002 09:15 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.