Like Tree0Likes

Thinking Of Leaving Boating For Plane Or Helicopter

Old 12-06-2007, 12:21 AM
Registered

My Boats: Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45

Or............go even BIGGER!!!!! Go BBJ!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Thinking Of Leaving Boating For Plane Or Helicopter-dsc02445.jpg   Thinking Of Leaving Boating For Plane Or Helicopter-dsc02452.jpg   Thinking Of Leaving Boating For Plane Or Helicopter-dsc02461.jpg  

Old 12-06-2007, 12:30 AM
Registered

Or...........go smaller and faster......just like boating! Which cockpit is which jet? Both are shown!

Citation X (Mach 0.95) or the Gulfstream G200
Attached Thumbnails
Thinking Of Leaving Boating For Plane Or Helicopter-dsc02249.jpg   Thinking Of Leaving Boating For Plane Or Helicopter-dsc02263.jpg   Thinking Of Leaving Boating For Plane Or Helicopter-dsc02342.jpg  

Old 12-06-2007, 01:19 AM
Registered

My Boats: not shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomChaos View Post
Or...........go smaller and faster......just like boating! Which cockpit is which jet? Both are shown!

Citation X (Mach 0.95) or the Gulfstream G200
Cessna looks factory new with lots of bells and whistles. thats why she is on top!
Old 12-06-2007, 01:35 AM
Registered

My Boats: not shopping

They filmed the Look Who's Talking airport scenes where my Dad keeps his Saratoga. Travolta let me walk around his Grumman/Gulfstream IISP.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:55 AM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

My Boats: Formula

Quote:
Or............go even BIGGER!!!!! Go BBJ!!!
Nort, I'm primarily a Falcon guy (Canadair and Gulfstream a close second and third). At least you think the same way I do. I did a pre-buy inspection last month on a BBJ sale for a client. Awesome aircraft- this particular one had a master suite that was incredible. The BBJ is in a league of its own.
I was visiting an associate in the biz a few weeks ago and got a look at Zell's Global Express (saw Oprah's new one too). Their not too shabby either- $47 mil buys you a pretty decent piece of equipment.
I have to watch the jokes about Cessnas (NearJets) around the wife- she's a controller for Textron.... very profitable division for them, but cheaply made and not a jet you'd recommend to a friend.

Falcon engineering is still the cutting edge, incredible in every way. Their CATIA design software has been purchased by every major aircraft mfg, including Boeing.
Attached Thumbnails
Thinking Of Leaving Boating For Plane Or Helicopter-50ex_6_large.jpg  
Old 12-06-2007, 02:11 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafo View Post
Nort, I'm primarily a Falcon guy (Canadair and Gulfstream a close second and third). At least you think the same way I do. I did a pre-buy inspection last month on a BBJ sale for a client. Awesome aircraft- this particular one had a master suite that was incredible. The BBJ is in a league of its own.
I was visiting an associate in the biz a few weeks ago and got a look at Zell's Global Express (saw Oprah's new one too). Their not too shabby either- $47 mil buys you a pretty decent piece of equipment.
I have to watch the jokes about Cessnas (NearJets) around the wife- she's a controller for Textron.... very profitable division for them, but cheaply made and not a jet you'd recommend to a friend.

Falcon engineering is still the cutting edge, incredible in every way. Their CATIA design software has been purchased by every major aircraft mfg, including Boeing.

I agree!!! Those French know how to make a jet! Triple redundant is a good thing. Got a ride from Naples FL to Van Nuys CA in one (J. Jackson......as in Kendall-Jackson). Not as "flashy" as the US made jets though......
Attached Thumbnails
Thinking Of Leaving Boating For Plane Or Helicopter-dsc02159.jpg   Thinking Of Leaving Boating For Plane Or Helicopter-dsc02160.jpg   Thinking Of Leaving Boating For Plane Or Helicopter-dsc02164.jpg  

Old 12-06-2007, 09:05 AM
Registered

My Boats: I aint got $hit

Nort, your the only guy who can stand up in a plane and have room over your head!!!

Nice jets!
Old 12-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Registered

My Boats: FOUNTAIN 38 FEVER and ADVANTAGE 28 PARTY CAT

You can't compare or replace your boat with an aircraft. That's like apples and oranges. You use the airplane to get you to where your boat is in one quarter of the time it takes to drive, that way you have more time for boating.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

My Boats: Formula

Quote:
I agree!!! Those French know how to make a jet! Triple redundant is a good thing. Not as "flashy" as the US made jets though......
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess- I only get to look at them from the technical and value standpoint. I'm the low man on the totem-pole that the rich folk ask if an airframe is good or bad.
Falcons are almost a cult or purist aircraft- many of their owners are or were pilots themselves and know how they're put together. In a structural and systems comparison, nothing else comes close. The new Falcon 7X is a jaw-dropper.
You're riding around in some beautiful machines Nort!! Congrats!
Jim
Old 12-06-2007, 12:41 PM
Registered

My Boats: Whatever you missed your payment on

If anyone is looking to start off or just looking to get a clean well maintained airplane I might be putting my 1978 172N on the market. This is the 172 with the 160HP so it actually gets off the ground when its 120 deg. outside. $55K asking. 928-846-1100