Notices

Liquid glass

Old 03-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stainless
Hmm , I couldn't picture peter from skater getting into a pissing match like this ?
its called having class ,which peter does.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Registered

Ah Ha !
Old 03-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
an amorphous ceramic and its not the waves you see in old glass but the fact that the bottom edge will grow thicker than the top through time. Glass lacks the ability to form the long term bonds at the molecular level that a true solid does. But yes in the simplest term we call it a liquid. . . . . .

Wow - incredible!!
The Glass guru know's about all kinds of glass
Not exactly your own words - but thanks for pulling that up.
See, I'm not worthless around here, I actually do have some knowledge.

I need to get my azz moving on my boat so we can set up some time.
Look forward to having a few beers with ya the next time we're up that way Boat wil be in tow.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

actually they are my own words. . . . physics is my other hobby

(plus my father is a glass process engineer )

an yes get your azz in gear on that boat of yours. Let me know when your gonna be up this way next
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 03-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ive only ever been on one Profile and it was when i was quite a bit younger. It was owned by boxer Tommy Morrison before he found out about the aids issue. Even after all the abuse I saw that boat take (i worked for the marina that held it), it had a lot of hard years on it and still running good last id seen it. As far as small issues like cabin doors not latching after a year or so, i had those problems with my brand new Cobalt. I think every manufacturer has issues like this, but what it boils down to is how they treat the customer when they bring it in for repairs. When I worked for SeaRay, we RARELY had a boat come in new that didnt require some additional work from bad repairs made at the factory or odd fitting parts. But as a premium dealer, we fixed them and billed the factory (i believe). I think itd be cool to see someone take pictures of why they think this new boat is such a bad idea.. Maybe this guy has some business partners now that have a better reputation and can help keep him more organized and pay better attention to client requests.. As far as him getting on here and callin someone out on how fat they are, speaks volumes for their personality..
id rather spend my (nonexistant) 750k with someone i know is going to be there for me when i do find non-latching cabin doors, etc.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In Toledo, you either are in glass, bolting together Jeeps or digging ditches
Old 03-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

an yes get your azz in gear on that boat of yours. Let me know when your gonna be up this way next
Well, I'm impressed!
Physics is actually a hobby of mine as well.
Lately, I've been studying Nano-technology and thin-film coating/application. Very cool stuff. High vacuum evaporation is pretty interesting - and somewhat hard to grasp at times.

I'll get to work. I'll let you know on the next trip home.

Originally Posted by waterboy222
id rather spend my (nonexistant) 750k with someone i know is going to be there for me when i do find non-latching cabin doors, etc.
Yeah, kind of my point. Not one that is going to argue with me on a forum board. The only answer I want to hear is "call me, we'll get it fixed", or "you're asking for the world here, and I only gave you what you asked for, originally" the current thread on Carrie Covers seems to be a "you asked for the world", I warned you, and you were only willing to pay for a dirt lot.
Just an opinion.

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
In Toledo, you either are in glass, bolting together Jeeps or digging ditches
If I'd have known digging ditches was an option, I may have stayed.
Thanks for pointing that out. A new career option
Old 03-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

an amorphous ceramic and its not the waves you see in old glass but the fact that the bottom edge will grow thicker than the top through time. Glass lacks the ability to form the long term bonds at the molecular level that a true solid does. But yes in the simplest term we call it a liquid. . . . . .

A good friend of mine has a 3? Profile. its a 91 i think. It was built from the factory as a raceboat and was called PlumCrazy and we also think may have also been Printers Devil at one time as well. Now keep in mind i know nothing of these boats out side of this one but i gotta tell ya its a pretty nice piece. There is not a stress crack in it (its original gel) and appears to be a decent build.
The boat needed a new transom do to some aftermarket stuff installed with no sealer buy the previous owner ....after three full day my brother finally got all the old transom wood out holly crap was that layed up tuff..........I have done a few transom jobs on everything from 39 ocean exspress's to sea rays and this one was the hardest to remove .........even if some of the lines are not perfect this thing did not cost an arm and a leg new and was very fast and shows no stress.....for a race boat with many races under her belt that says a lot in my book .....we hope to race this boat again by the end of this year with OPA in class 4 .......(not scared profile owner)
Old 03-03-2008, 08:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by stainless
Hmm , I couldn't picture peter from skater getting into a pissing match like this ?
he doesn't have too . he built great quality boats

Last edited by orss; 03-03-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

I remember when it was all ball bearings........now its all particals

Last edited by lightning jet; 03-03-2008 at 08:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Liquid glass

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.