Notices

Liquid glass

Old 03-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
In Toledo, you either are in glass, bolting together Jeeps or digging ditches
I live in Toledo, my brother in law works for libby glass, and my father and I have a ditch witch and a small trenching co.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
I read a couple of post that mentioned wavy fiberglass. Would this be considered wavy. The deck looks like there are a couple of waves in it. I'm not saying its a bad thing, just that I see it on A LOT of boats.
In outerlimits case , the waves come out when you stop
Old 03-04-2008, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I read a couple of post that mentioned wavy fiberglass. Would this be considered wavy. The deck looks like there are a couple of waves in it. I'm not saying its a bad thing, just that I see it on A LOT of boats.
No, those are ripples compared to the profile I looked at. I am talking surface variations of 1/8 of an inch or more.

I was looking at some brand new cigarettes at a boat show, and saw waves too, its very hard to have 30 feet of absolutely perfect deck. I would never expect that to happen. But the waves on the cigarette were surface variations in the thousandths of an inch.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Registered

I dare you to try to find a wave or a ripple in a skater!
Old 03-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kvscarab38
i wonder who owns the rights to the name liquid glass could this be a lawsuit waiting to happen?

© 1999-2008 Liquid Glass Enterprises, Inc.
All rights reserved. Liquid Glass and Connoisseur's Choice are registered trademarks of Liquid Glass Enterprises, Inc.
Depends. Most jurisdiction take confusion into account and if the business are engaged in the same arena. I'd have to look up the exact laws on this. My car club uses the manufactures name without problems. A member became disgruntled and started another club. They named their club Rebel Region of ------- . The disgruntled group tried to register our clubs name as part of theirs in other words. Both our club and the manufacture are suing them to drop use of our name. Since they are engaged in the same activity we won that portion of the case. The way the law reads the most important key is being engaged in the same business.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Registered

I was referring to the water type waves as in the photo
Old 03-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Registered

The little waves on the deck are understandable and not that bad when you look at the gloss of the paint on that OL. On any Profile I have seen they aren't like that they are more like hills and valleys. Also if you look at most boats all the body,speed lines, strakes, chines, rub rails ect-- ect are straight. It is very hard to find one on any of the Profiles I have delt with, none out of 11 boats.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Zudnic
Depends. Most jurisdiction take confusion into account and if the business are engaged in the same arena. I'd have to look up the exact laws on this. My car club uses the manufactures name without problems. A member became disgruntled and started another club. They named their club Rebel Region of ------- . The disgruntled group tried to register our clubs name as part of theirs in other words. Both our club and the manufacture are suing them to drop use of our name. Since they are engaged in the same activity we won that portion of the case. The way the law reads the most important key is being engaged in the same business.
Not to hijack a thread or make it seem like I follow this sport (if you consider it a sport) but didnt the WWF (wrestling) have to change their name due to a case against WWF(World Wildlife Federation)? I think that also branding comes into play.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmic12
The little waves on the deck are understandable and not that bad when you look at the gloss of the paint on that OL. On any Profile I have seen they aren't like that they are more like hills and valleys. Also if you look at most boats all the body,speed lines, strakes, chines, rub rails ect-- ect are straight. It is very hard to find one on any of the Profiles I have delt with, none out of 11 boats.
Cosmic and Joe - Thanks, I know I've seen them on plenty of boats, so its hard to gauge between the difference in what is OK and what is not.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Cosmic and Joe - Thanks, I know I've seen them on plenty of boats, so its hard to gauge between the difference in what is OK and what is not.
I didn't see anything in the glasswork that I thought was bad at the show from any of the builders I looked at.
But, I was really surprised on some of the VERY high end boats to see sloppy caulk work filling gaps, and unfinished upholstery edges.
Maybe my expectations were too high for a boat that I'll never be able to afford. And maybe I should lighten up on myself as I work on my own boat, and things aren't absolutely perfect in my mind.

Quick Reply: Liquid glass

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.