Notices

Kryptonite boats

Old 08-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jdub
You could go with an extension box with rise in it. Imco has a 3" and Stellings has an adjustable one.

So you have 2 29 Kryptonite's now?
I rigged one the 2002 for a customer a few years back. We have it back he chipped some gears in the lower. He has become a friend.
When I rigged it I was on the phone with Kirk, owner of Kryptonite performance boats many times We took all his advise and got the customer the 100mph plus he wanted, in a rock solid ride.
After runing his boat I realized it was one of the fastest and most stabil boats in its class. I found one by mistake (looking thru repo reports and auctions) for used boats to sell at the marina. The price was right and I got it.
Now I have it, it is far from as stabil as the one we rigged. So here I am working on why and what I will need to do to get it where it needs to be. If I put a standoff box on the one we rigged I could just copy that design but we did not.
The Imco box does that work with the ITS standoff? That would put the drive out there. I will look into it.
Thanks
Don
Old 08-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm by far not an expert on this but, no I don't think the ITS will work with a box. That would be 12" from the box plus 7" from the ITS. Plus all the steering that goes through the ITS system. You would most likely have to get a standard transom assembly to go with the extension box...plus external steering. That would add up $ quick! But you would be able to sell the ITS assembly to offset the cost. Maybe play with some more props first.....
Old 08-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Registered

Talking

I ran the boat with a 4 blade bravo and it chine walked a little.Did you runn it with the tabs down a little yet? Those tabs are 20 inches I believe, I realize they will scrub some speed. what about putting a spacer in for the imco? the x is too high correct?
Old 08-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Registered

Talking

Are you measuring the bullet on the drive at the bottom of the V? The drive bullet is the only thing that matters.The 5 blade makes it too squirley ? I only ran it with a 4 blade. I also didnt have more than 20 hrs on the rig when I sold it to buy my 382 formula.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by plumbers crack
I ran the boat with a 4 blade bravo and it chine walked a little.Did you runn it with the tabs down a little yet? Those tabs are 20 inches I believe, I realize they will scrub some speed. what about putting a spacer in for the imco? the x is too high correct?
No Brian ,,He Is Too Low,, Don With What Your Telling Me I Think You Are Gunna Have To Do A Reglass On The Transom To Get To Where You Want To Be,That Drive Must Be Real Low,If You Put A -3 On There It Should Be Right Around Where Mine Was,,Put Up Some Close Up Shots If You Can So We Can See ,,
Old 08-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by lightspeed
No Brian ,,He Is Too Low,, Don With What Your Telling Me I Think You Are Gunna Have To Do A Reglass On The Transom To Get To Where You Want To Be,That Drive Must Be Real Low,If You Put A -3 On There It Should Be Right Around Where Mine Was,,Put Up Some Close Up Shots If You Can So We Can See ,,
I am going to call Merc Racing tomorrow (I am a dealer). I recall an ITS with a 3"rise. If they do maybe I can change the housing and not everything, it may be better than a reglass. But we have done many reglassing projects so either way I want it right. I need to get it straightened out before I start my 115MPH project.
The bravo did work much better, tabs helped some but to get it under controll it scrubed t much speed.

Let me see if I can get some close ups in the morning, The boat is at the Marina and I just got home. I will see what I have here also.

Thanks to everyone for pulling together and working this out with me, I apprecaite everyones time and effort.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Registered

Here are some pics, i went to the marina to get some. I did the best I could with the measurmants. I could not hold a strait edge, rulr and camera. This should give you an idea. Thanks for the help.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9...D550/ry%3D400/
Old 08-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Registered

Some more, prop shaft parallel to the bottom of the boat. Looks like 3.125 below the bottom of the hull.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Registered

My friends second Kryptonite is set up with 2.75 inch x-dimension,no box or its. He had the boat built with out pad and with knotch. The boat ran 108 on gps 800hp 32 b-1 @6400rpm. Removing the pad improved the handling of the boat.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ep3130
My friends second Kryptonite is set up with 2.75 inch x-dimension,no box or its. He had the boat built with out pad and with knotch. The boat ran 108 on gps 800hp 32 b-1 @6400rpm. Removing the pad improved the handling of the boat.

I built one with out the ITS standoff and it is 3.25" and runs great, but the same X with a stand off box is putting the drive therotocally and actually much deeper in the water. I am sticking with the ITS on this one, I just need to figure out a plan to raise it a few inches.
Any pictures of that bottom with out the center pad?

Quick Reply: Kryptonite boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.