Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Blueprint Engines-anyone familiar with them? >

Blueprint Engines-anyone familiar with them?

Blueprint Engines-anyone familiar with them?

Old 12-07-2007, 01:22 PM
  #1  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Toms River NJ
Posts: 2,609
Default Blueprint Engines-anyone familiar with them?

I came across "Blueprint Engines" and was wondering if anyone has delt with them. They offer a 496 460 horse/525 torque dressed engine for $8,300. with a one year warranty. Sounds good to me, any help would be appreciated!
www.Blueprintengines.com
Thanks,
Bob G.
Fast Shafts is offline  
Old 12-07-2007, 04:20 PM
  #2  
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Guntersville. Alabama
Posts: 747
Default

I think they are sold by Jegs
long duck dong is offline  
Old 12-08-2007, 07:47 AM
  #3  
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Sonic30ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CT
Posts: 1,080
Default

I don't know about the rebuilt Bluprint engines but, Jegs also has a brand new 502 HO off road engine @ 450hp/550ft.lbs for $5899.99
Sonic30ss is offline  
Old 12-08-2007, 09:22 AM
  #4  
Registered
iTrader: (1)
 
rchevelle71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Boca Raton
Posts: 7,392
Default

Originally Posted by Sonic30ss View Post
I don't know about the rebuilt Bluprint engines but, Jegs also has a brand new 502 HO off road engine @ 450hp/550ft.lbs for $5899.99
That was going to be my reponse.
rchevelle71 is offline  
Old 12-08-2007, 10:51 AM
  #5  
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: LOTO/Performance Boat Center
Posts: 764
Default

They are located here in Nebraska. One of their employees just bought a Baja 23 Outlaw from us. I can get you in touch if you would like!

my email [email protected]
BrettM is offline  
Old 12-10-2007, 10:38 AM
  #6  
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Lake Lanier, GA
Posts: 1,673
Default

The guys at Blueprint build a good quality rebuild engine. It's not a Chief, or Gellner but that's not their market.
RumRunner is offline  
Old 12-12-2007, 12:59 PM
  #7  
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by Robert Geoghegan View Post
I came across "Blueprint Engines" and was wondering if anyone has delt with them. They offer a 496 460 horse/525 torque dressed engine for $8,300. with a one year warranty. Sounds good to me, any help would be appreciated!
www.Blueprintengines.com
Thanks,
Bob G.
This engine uses a 454 block, it is hand built, balanced and then dyno tested. This engine is not an automotive engine converted to marine use, it has a marine specific camshaft, and head gaskets. The internal clearances are designed for marine use. If you have any other questions about this or any of our other engines let me know.
2007baja is offline  
Old 12-12-2007, 01:19 PM
  #8  
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 1,686
Default

Originally Posted by 2007baja View Post
This engine uses a 454 block, it is hand built, balanced and then dyno tested. This engine is not an automotive engine converted to marine use, it has a marine specific camshaft, and head gaskets. The internal clearances are designed for marine use. If you have any other questions about this or any of our other engines let me know.
I was looking at the 355 and the 383. impressive numbers on both of them, but almost identical... what's the difference between the two besides the extra cubic inches?
VetteLT193 is offline  
Old 12-12-2007, 01:30 PM
  #9  
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 722
Default

I have two 383 sbc from a customer in Opalocka they came with no balancers and flywheels when we called the owners of blueprint they could not answer if they were internal or external balanced so the owner of the engines took them apart to find they were never balanced and used a standard bearing that was down to the copper on the radius were they were not clearanced for the radius
MESABALANCING is offline  
Old 12-12-2007, 02:32 PM
  #10  
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: hudson florida
Posts: 196
Default 496's

I sell brand new 496's as long blocks for $4500.00. They come with the block, cylinder heads, timing cover, and gaskets to complete the assembly. They do not come w/ exhaust gaskets. All the parts are brand new gm components that we hand assemble. The warranty is a one year parts warranty with unlimited hours. Call me if interested Don @ Factory Engine Exchange 800-764-5040. We also stock other marine engines as well. We do not do any performance applications.
NOMOGOFAST is offline  

Quick Reply: Blueprint Engines-anyone familiar with them?


OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser