Notices

New Boat(u pick)

Old 01-27-2002, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New Boat(u pick)

Looking at Warlock 29,Pantera 28,AT28 still want it for pleasure not race ready.Need cabin and ammeneties and will be powered by twin EFI500`S.What are your views on these and I would love a Cig. but the $$$$ puts outa my budget.I do not like windshields on perf.boats thats why no Fountain.I like the racing setups like Cig. and Pantera.
Old 01-27-2002, 04:43 PM
Registered

Seeing as you're in Florida, I'd stick with Pantera or Active Thunder, which are both in South Florida. I personally like the cabin and lines of the Active Thunder and the owner, Pat is a terrific guy who will do anything for his customers. I have not had any dealings with the guys from Pantera, but many on the board have dealt with them and find them to be very nice people.

I think both boats run about the same speed and price, so you'll need to drive each and visit the factories. Also, they have the 2 best warranties in the business. One choice will probably standout after going for a ride and meeting the builders.

If it was my money, I'd buy the AT. I've been in the AT 32 in rough water and it handled well, flew level and landed smoothly after getting on plane very easily. There was no shaking, rattling or anything like that and the boat was laid-out smartly and rigged very well. I was impressed and I am very anxious to see the new boats that are coming out with revised interiors, new custom paint and innovative features.
Old 01-27-2002, 04:49 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!
Originally posted by traviss:
<STRONG>now don't forget to look at bayliner too </STRONG>
Everybody please ignore him......
Old 01-27-2002, 04:56 PM
Registered

gasm.. you on drugs again... what areeee you talking about
Old 01-27-2002, 05:07 PM
Registered

I would DEFINITELY look long and hard at the AT. Like Miller said Pat is great and the boat runs incredibly well. I have no dealings with Pantera so I cannot comment. Also, I doubt you will find a 28 with twin 500's. WAY OVERKILL in that size. I am not sure if they even offer that power package. Best of luck and keep us posted as to what you decide.

Shane
Old 01-27-2002, 05:17 PM
Registered

Speed
Go for a ride in them that is the only way you will tell. Pantera makes a great boat also, and they will do what ever you want for motors and rigging. take for a ride and you will know which boat is the one for you.
Mark
Old 01-27-2002, 05:21 PM

give your three choices, I'd take the Pantera although the cabins are sparse on all three. Take a look at the Sonic 31SS if you want twins, good value and a HUGE cabin.

Old 01-27-2002, 05:28 PM
Registered

Twin 500hp's in a 28 footer? Oh, my! What kind of speeds are you looking for? Like it was said before, I'm not sure if they will put that much juice in a 28 footer but I'm not sure.
Good luck with your search and purchase!
Oh and I would stick with the AT or Pantera or maybe a 29 Outlaw out of Baja's custom shop (they might put those 500hp's in that because it's a lot bigger boat than the ones you mentioned)
Old 01-27-2002, 05:34 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,811 Likes on 901 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with any of the choices. I just got a 28 Pantera. The others were also considered, but I wanted to stay with a single. I looked at a 27 Warlock and it had a lot deeper freeboard and more headroom in the cabin than the Pantera. I considered a 28 AT, but it was a little more $$$ than I wanted to spend and would not get the speeds I was looking for with a single engine. The cabin in the AT looks to be the largest. Whatever you decide, you will have a nice ride.
Old 01-27-2002, 06:06 PM
FWK

I do believe apache will put twin 500's in their 28.

Quick Reply: New Boat(u pick)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.