Like Tree0Likes

New Mercury Outboard "The Beast" ???

Old 01-24-2008, 08:32 PM
Registered

My Boats: 25 Talon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEN1 View Post
I love your Talon. Maybe I am looking on the wrong site, but do they not build that boat anymore with outboards? I see it on the Hustler website with a 496ho. Your boat looks very nice!

Thanks! I'm pretty sure that Hustler has the layup for outboards as well, but I haven't seen them build anything other than the single I/O 496. The OB models were only built by Talon Marine and they sold all of the 25 molds to Hustler. You see one for sale every once in a while. I think that there is one on www.boattrader.com but he has twin 200 Yamahas.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2005 Fountain 47 Lightning is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ospreyproduction View Post
Thanks! I'm pretty sure that Hustler has the layup for outboards as well, but I haven't seen them build anything other than the single I/O 496. The OB models were only built by Talon Marine and they sold all of the 25 molds to Hustler. You see one for sale every once in a while. I think that there is one on www.boattrader.com but he has twin 200 Yamahas.
I just looked at that boat on boattrader but it looks like crap compared to yours. I sent an e-mail to Hustler to see if they would build it with twin outboards. I am thinking twin 300xs would make a fun boat or maybe the new motor that merc is coming out with.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2003 21 Liberator Cat/twin 2.5's

I painted Lee's Talon for him. Very cool boat! If you want a twin outboard cat. I have a few for sale, all new. No center consoles though. Here's a 30ft Liberator I have in the classifieds.

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o19383-en.html

Old 01-24-2008, 09:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2005 Fountain 47 Lightning is gone.

[QUOTE=WILDMAN;2419791]I painted Lee's Talon for him. Very cool boat! If you want a twin outboard cat. I have a few for sale, all new. No center consoles though. Here's a 30ft Liberator I have in the classifieds.

Very nice looking boat. I just checked out your website. Maybe you guys should build a center console cat? I would think there would be a market for that type of boat. Jaguar makes one but wants $300,000 for a twin outboard boat.. Mares makes one but I think it will be slow.Something around 30-35 feet that would do mid 80s and keep the price at less than $200,000. Does anyone build that boat?
Old 01-24-2008, 09:28 PM
Registered

Wildman did a hell of a job on mine. It's a '93 Talon. The paint needs some sunlight to really do it justice.

You tha man, Wildman.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:26 PM
Who Me?
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2006 38TE Fountain

Any news on what happened with the shoot out at the factory today?
Old 01-25-2008, 09:52 AM
RHC
Registered

Huh,,, Open to the World ,, everyone is invited,,, yet ,,, no info ,,, no pic's ,,, no new's release,,, == NO VALUE!!!!

RHC
Old 01-25-2008, 10:40 AM
Registered

My Boats: 1987 2100 Galaxy, 502 Magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountainemp View Post
all i can say is big and black. i haven't been told i can say anything yet. after all i am just a trailer mechanic. i will say as soon as i can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fountainemp View Post
Good answer buddy...
Old 01-26-2008, 09:09 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeverMike View Post
Any news on what happened with the shoot out at the factory today?
No other boats showed up because of the well planned invitation........A perfect time for another "Fountain World Record."

The funny thing is that the boat is more than likely a bad ass offshore fishing machine, but to offer up a total BS challenge with a 2 day notice is pretty damn pompass ass if you ask me. I'm sure we'll see a video that says "the offer was made and no one showed up".....and the Beast set a new world record.

This is CHEEZY marketing and Rick Mackie knows better. There's nothing wrong with promoting your product, but this type of offer is CRAP and Reggie knows it is.

If Outerlimits made this type of offer with a two day notice, Reggie would be calling foul immediately.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ospreyproduction View Post
No other boats showed up because of the well planned invitation........A perfect time for another "Fountain World Record."

The funny thing is that the boat is more than likely a bad ass offshore fishing machine, but to offer up a total BS challenge with a 2 day notice is pretty damn pompass ass if you ask me. I'm sure we'll see a video that says "the offer was made and no one showed up".....and the Beast set a new world record.

This is CHEEZY marketing and Rick Mackie knows better. There's nothing wrong with promoting your product, but this type of offer is CRAP and Reggie knows it is.

If Outerlimits made this type of offer with a two day notice, Reggie would be calling foul immediately.

Exactly my quote on page 2

Quote: JASSMAN...So, Fountain invites all the manufacturers to show up with a hull, and strap on a set of motors that Fountain has been playing with for MONTHS for R&D. They know exactly how to set them up for speed. They call it a Mercury Challenge, and the results are going to be announced at the Miami Boat Show?

Great marketing again by the Guru

That's total stacked BS; worse than a Fountain only SBI Kilo event that no one else get to run in. Jeff