540 stroker,,DUD engine, dont do it. >

540 stroker,,DUD engine, dont do it.

Notices

540 stroker,,DUD engine, dont do it.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Raylar
Keep the ideas, opinions and discussion coming it benefits all our OSO family !!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Agreed, Ray. Just keep it respectful! That way, everyone learns from the wealth of knowledge on this site instead of getting into a pis sing match.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Not to get in on the BS crap.... Some more food for thought. It is true that going from a 502 to a 540 alone doesn't buy a lot of horsepower. However, the 540 will make the power at a lower RPM and have more low end torque, all else being equal. Therefore the 540 becomes much more desirable for a marine application. As the HP goes up, at some point the 502 peak RPM will become unrealistic for the application. So, one could actually argue that the 502 could be less reliable because of the elevated RPM requirments. The rotating assembly may hold up, but the valve train won't. Fact is, I've never seen a 540 "worn out" anyway, so it's kind of a moot point. I've got some out there that have been running for 10 years and 100's of hours.

Bob
Old 01-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I missed it, was 557 good, or 557 bad? I'm building a 557, do I need to call the projest off?
Old 01-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the guys in the technical area helped me get my 99 bravada to run in the mid 17.s
Old 01-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Registered

Too many posts to answer individually. If ANY of you guys actually read the whole psst you would notice I bashed NO ONE until I was picked on. Its just like a bunch of dogs barking through a fence while the Pit Bull walks quietly on the other side. Go back and read the posts.As usual every one breezes past the facts right to the bull ****. For all the guys who trashed me (not the ones who argued there point)I mean started talking **** I wish you could be here in front of me. It would be a very different conversation.Yes I posed a question I know the answer to. OOH kill me for fishing around for different arguments. Didn't talk **** about specific engine builders Like Tyler Crockett did. Never got personal like other blow hards did either. Also noticed a gold spoon remark. I grew up in a rough situation on little to no money at times and am proud of what I have accomplished. I also had the balls to give out some back ground info to give blow hards more fire power.As far as a 12 daily driver.do your home work. You can buy a 12 second car from a local dealership. And yes I live 4 miles from my business. I would love any one to actually to reread the posts. I love how boat owners who have never did ANYTHING mechanical in there life, and only know how pay off a boat note are jump in on this. Talking **** about someone they never knew. ONCE AGAIN, go back and reread the posts. I started a discussion, Got **** talked and fought back.Its easy to talk **** on line to a guy who lives far away. Its a ***** ass way to be. What ever I said here I would say right to the face of anybody I said it to.
For all of you who say" you don't need the BS". STOP POSTING. Hey Tyler do you really think NY engine builders suck?? If that's the case I would just like to inform the ones I know of your disposition. Anyone call Mercury Performance????? Didn't think so. Hey ron did you read any of the posts???
Old 01-30-2008, 11:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Pit Bull, Please Kindly Remove Yourself From My Favorite Website. You Are A Braggart And An A$$. People Were Just Trying To Help You.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Unbelievable

Originally Posted by PIT BULL
For all the guys who trashed me (not the ones who argued there point)I mean started talking **** I wish you could be here in front of me. It would be a very different conversation.
Now it's threats?? Geez, lighten up. Remember the old saying, no matter how bad you are, there's always someone, somewhere that can whip your azz.

You obviuosly take life WAY too seriously. There are many successful businessmen (and women, I imagine) on this board. The difference is, you don't hear many, if any, spouting off about it. What you've accomplished is great but don't use it as a means to qualify your statements.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:47 AM
Registered

If you have a 502 with a 4.000 stroke and a 6.135 connecting rod that figures out to a 1.53 rod ratio with a 19.03 angle on the cylinder wall. On a 540 with a 4.250 stroke and a 6.385 connecting rod that has a 1.50 rod ratio and a 19.44 degree angle on the cylinder wall. How are you getting more friction ??.

I said SAME combination
Does anybody notice the rod size change???
Old 01-30-2008, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, is it just me or does there seem to be an increasing number of ignorant know it alls stiring the pot on here recently. Pitt, since im 24 years old, dont own a boat, and am probably not qualified to tell ANYONE on here how to build their engine i wont. However i will tell you this, ive been reading this site for a very long time and have seen some of the good guys....and some of the bad guys come and go. There is a wealth of information here that must be respected, thats how a lot of these members got where they are, they dont like to be attacked and it obvious you dont either, i would honestly try to settle down a little if you want to save any chance of making some friends here. on that note im going back to work here writing some estimates and probably plow some snow later....i know its winter but lets all try to get along!
Old 01-30-2008, 11:50 AM
Registered

Croozin, Im not new to this crap. With a name like PIT BULL ats all ways the same thing. Everybody judges a book by its cover. Could you please tell me where The threat is in my post ??? Thanks

Quick Reply: 540 stroker,,DUD engine, dont do it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.