I Said My Last Goodbye Today... >

I Said My Last Goodbye Today...

Notices

I Said My Last Goodbye Today...

Old 02-29-2008, 09:10 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tim,the beauty of your tribute goes beyond this site. I have forwarded it to some of my friends that are not boaters,just dog lovers. Hope you don't mind.Have already gotten emails back saying it is the most touching tribute they have ever seen.Jake would be proud.

Last edited by Magicfloat; 02-29-2008 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:53 PM
Registered

Sorry for your loss - That is a great tribute. RIP
Old 03-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by R Addiction
Tim, I know you've probably read this before but it helps for you to know you did the best thing and the right thing.

Ten Commandments for Pet Owners

1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years or more. Any separation from you will be painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want from me. Do not break my spirit with your temper, though I will always forgive you. Your patience will teach me more effectively.

3. Please have me spayed or neutered.

4. Treat me kindly, my beloved friend, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for your kindness than mine. Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment. After all, you have your job, your friends,your entertainment, I only have you.

5. Speak to me often. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when it's speaking to me. Your voice is the sweetest sound I ever hear, as you must know by my enthusiasm whenever I hear your footsteps.

6. Take me in when it's cold and wet. I'm a domestic animal and am no longer accustomed to the bitter elements. I ask for little more than your gentle hands petting me. Keep my bowl filled with water. Feed me good food so that I may stay well to romp and play. By your side, I stand ready, willing and able to share my life with you, for that is what I live for. I'll never forget how well you've treated me.

7. Don't hit me. Remember, I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand, but I choose not to bite.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I've been out in the sun too long, my ear may hurt, or my heart may be getting weak.

9. Take care of me when I get old. For you will grow old, too.

10. When I am old, or when I no longer enjoy good health, please do not make heroic efforts to keep me going. I am not having fun. Just see to it that my trusting life is taken gently. And be with me on that difficult journey when it's time to say goodbye. Never say, "I just can't bear to watch it."

Everything is easier for me when you are there. I will leave this earth knowing with my last breath that my fate was always safest in your hands. I love you.
R Commandment:
as I read this I just got from skiing and as I lay in bed to relax my sore muscles my buddy Mack (a weim) lays down right next to me and I enjoy his presence as he does with mine. Tim, I gave my dog a hug last night just for you, I hope your pain is eased soon.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Tim, sorry to hear of your loss brother.....

Oz
Old 03-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Registered

It's amazing how much something as simple as a dog can impact someone. Me and my wife have 2 small dogs. The oldest (8years) may have diabetes. I've preached for years to my wife and her parents to quit feeding them tablefood, and now look at what's happened..... I lost a life-time friend on my 16th birthday when may dad had to put our 13 year old Airedale down. He was in the same shape as your dog Sharkey. I can say that I know how you feel and I'm very sorry to read this thread. He's not suffering anymore......
Old 03-01-2008, 07:45 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
Tim,the beauty of your tribute goes beyond this site. I have forwarded it to some of my friends that are not boaters,just dog lovers. Hope you don't mind.Have already gotten emails back saying it is the most touching tribute they have ever seen.Jake would be proud.
Thank you Magicfloat.
I don't mind at all.
I only wish I had taken more photos in his earlier years. Back then I wasn't much of a picture taker but I have since now because I know we all will not be here forever...
Jake may be gone physically, but I have put his memory into an everlasting life throughout the internet. His video and these posts will always be stored here and many other places now and forever.
I feel I gave him a spiritual eternal life so that he will never be forgotten.
This was the least I could do for all he had given me in the last 11 years.

Thank you all for your responses.

Gordon, I promise this thread will not be removed. Too many other people have either have been through this or are about to, and it helps to discuss how we all deal with the situation no matter how different it may be.

Thanks again to everyone...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 03-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Registered

Sorry for your loss.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Sharkey you and yours are in our thoughts. Never is there such devoted unconditional love as that from man's best friend.............
Old 03-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Registered

Unhappy

Tim just saw this I am very sorry for your loss, we have a yellow lab 4, and black 7 yrs old. there like kids and sleep with us. they keep me going. god bless artie
Old 03-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Registered

sorry for the loss... I can't help but think God has a place for a companion so dear....

Quick Reply: I Said My Last Goodbye Today...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.