Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hi-Lift marina service dept robbed. Details?? >

Hi-Lift marina service dept robbed. Details??

Notices

Hi-Lift marina service dept robbed. Details??

Old 03-17-2008, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In some wharehouse he still has all my chit he took.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Registered

Wow....those are some longs posts......what is the Reader's Digest version?

Is Chris Flood a dirtbag?
Is it all a mis-understanding?
Old 03-18-2008, 09:22 AM
Registered

^^^ Or the Cliff's Notes? LOL.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Registered

Don't know who to believe about Chris, or Premier. But I cant feel sorry for Passport Marine. From what I hear, they have been imploding themselves. They always had the lousiest service in the industry. They are shutting down most of their locations. Can't pay their bills. They are stuck with millions in new and overpriced used inventory so they could reach that "#1" dealer status. They wanted to own the world. Yeah. They screwed their investors, screwed their employees, they mislead their customers, and they ripped-off many of their vendors. Hell, they didn't even pay the guy who supplied their showrooms decorative plants! He had to repossess the damn plants! They had some great Formula service techs for years at Hi-Lift. They all left and went to TNT and other service facilities. So if this Chris guy did do what he is accused of, maybe there is a little "what goes around comes around " in the mix.
Was at the Palm Beach show. Formula had a display of authorized Florida dealers up. Saw Walkers Marine. No Passport Marine.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:49 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by marinaseeker
Don't know who to believe about Chris, or Premier. But I cant feel sorry for Passport Marine. From what I hear, they have been imploding themselves. They always had the lousiest service in the industry. They are shutting down most of their locations. Can't pay their bills. They are stuck with millions in new and overpriced used inventory so they could reach that "#1" dealer status. They wanted to own the world. Yeah. They screwed their investors, screwed their employees, they mislead their customers, and they ripped-off many of their vendors. Hell, they didn't even pay the guy who supplied their showrooms decorative plants! He had to repossess the damn plants! They had some great Formula service techs for years at Hi-Lift. They all left and went to TNT and other service facilities. So if this Chris guy did do what he is accused of, maybe there is a little "what goes around comes around " in the mix.
Was at the Palm Beach show. Formula had a display of authorized Florida dealers up. Saw Walkers Marine. No Passport Marine.
You seem to know a lot about Passport - are you an ex-employee?
Old 03-29-2008, 04:55 PM
Registered

Yes.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:56 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

guess you and my husband have somethings in common then
Old 03-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Registered

There are literally HUNDREDS who have gone thru those revolving doors in the past couple of years. Slash and Burn.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:13 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

I'd say JUST in the past year.... It would help if management actually knew something about boating or how to sell boats even human resources didn't even know what a Mercury Certified Tech is! (what a joke).

Hope things are going well for you and you find a better position in the industry.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SpeedGirl
I'd say JUST in the past year.... It would help if management actually knew something about boating or how to sell boats even human resources didn't even know what a Mercury Certified Tech is! (what a joke).

Hope things are going well for you and you find a better position in the industry.
Perfect description.

Thanks, and good luck to you guys as well

Quick Reply: Hi-Lift marina service dept robbed. Details??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.