Like Tree0Likes

Sunday Boating

Reply
Old 03-31-2008, 04:22 PM
  #21
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Seabrook, Tx
My Boats: 2005 42' EX //twin 525's
Posts: 881
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BY U BOY View Post
Todd's dump is right off of April fools point. Its and under water shell obstruction. Its marked with the first marker just off the point.

your right the water did get a little rougher around the point but we turned around to eat lunch at Outriggers.Guess e should have went to Top water.
Is that the big wooden pole that is right off the point? That is my marker to turn and run into Top Water. I always stay to the outside. I can't seem to ever get into Outriggers on weekends, very limited boat parking and going into the channel on the side at low tide makes me nervous, supposed to be some rocks on the opposite side.

Give me a call if you guys go out, we try to go somewhere on Sundays if the weather is good. I will PM you my phone.

Gerritm
gerritm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:52 PM
  #22
Registered
 
BY U BOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HOUSTON ,TX
My Boats: 91 Scarab 21' Excel/1999 Proline 200 sport
Posts: 8,778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerritm View Post
Is that the big wooden pole that is right off the point? That is my marker to turn and run into Top Water. I always stay to the outside. I can't seem to ever get into Outriggers on weekends, very limited boat parking and going into the channel on the side at low tide makes me nervous, supposed to be some rocks on the opposite side.

Give me a call if you guys go out, we try to go somewhere on Sundays if the weather is good. I will PM you my phone.

Gerritm

Thats the one..Atleast thats the one that is on my chart where it says Todd's dump.

Outriggers is pretty hard to get into on the weekendsI was talking to the owner yesterday and he said they are getting ready to add another 190' of dock and dredge the channel so you can get in and out very easily. Also said they have alot planned since Seabrook beach club closed.

I'll give you a shout next time im out. Gotta get the starter issue fixed.
BY U BOY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:42 PM
  #23
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lake Conroe, TX.
My Boats: 39' Sea Ray, 38' Nortech, 18' Taylor SJ
Posts: 14,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BY U BOY View Post
Gotta get the starter issue fixed.
Just use a wind up rubber band.
jeff1000man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:49 PM
  #24
Registered
 
TopSpin80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Richmond/Galveston, Texas
My Boats: Building diesel power wanting a hull
Posts: 1,306
Default

I think you guys are talking about this spot. It looks like you should stay on the inside of the post/marker

Ernie
Attached Thumbnails
Sunday Boating-galvestonbay.jpg   Sunday Boating-galvestonbay_zoom.jpg  
TopSpin80 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:53 PM
  #25
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
My Boats: 34 Fountain trip 300's
Posts: 491
Default

It doesn't make sense that you should be that close to the bank, but you will regret it if you don't! Todd's Dump has claimed some boats!
THLWL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:15 PM
  #26
Registered
 
TopSpin80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Richmond/Galveston, Texas
My Boats: Building diesel power wanting a hull
Posts: 1,306
Default

I belive I may have photos of some torn #6 skegs and some "scuffing" on the bottom of a 36 skater.

Ernie
TopSpin80 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:35 PM
  #27
Registered
 
BY U BOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HOUSTON ,TX
My Boats: 91 Scarab 21' Excel/1999 Proline 200 sport
Posts: 8,778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpin80 View Post
I belive I may have photos of some torn #6 skegs and some "scuffing" on the bottom of a 36 skater.

Ernie
Is it the purple and yellow from La?? I saw him limp in witha busted drive last summer.
BY U BOY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:47 PM
  #28
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Seabrook, Tx
My Boats: 2005 42' EX //twin 525's
Posts: 881
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THLWL View Post
It doesn't make sense that you should be that close to the bank, but you will regret it if you don't! Todd's Dump has claimed some boats!
You learn something new every day. i was told to hug the wooden marker pole with the sign on it to the outside, I always go tight to it. It sure looks like there is better water to the inside. I have been told that at lower tides that inside the marker can be shallow. Now I am confused. I have a track marked on my GPS that I follow.
gerritm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:52 PM
  #29
Registered
 
BY U BOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HOUSTON ,TX
My Boats: 91 Scarab 21' Excel/1999 Proline 200 sport
Posts: 8,778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerritm View Post
You learn something new every day. i was told to hug the wooden marker pole with the sign on it to the outside, I always go tight to it. It sure looks like there is better water to the inside. I have been told that at lower tides that inside the marker can be shallow. Now I am confused. I have a track marked on my GPS that I follow.
What i really have a problem with is all the white pvc poles marking stuff. Way to hard to see at speed and the glare. Atleast paint them red or yellow or something.
BY U BOY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:55 PM
  #30
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lake Conroe, TX.
My Boats: 39' Sea Ray, 38' Nortech, 18' Taylor SJ
Posts: 14,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BY U BOY View Post
What i really have a problem with is all the white pvc poles marking stuff. Way to hard to see at speed and the glare. Atleast paint them red or yellow or something.
They shouldn't be hard to see at the speed of smell.
jeff1000man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
insanity342
General Boating Discussion
3
05-15-2008 04:18 PM
insanity342
General Boating Discussion
10
03-10-2008 04:35 PM
insanity342
General Boating Discussion
6
02-10-2008 04:52 PM
insanity342
General Boating Discussion
0
01-26-2008 08:29 PM
Maritime_Eng
Ft Myers Offshore
8
08-22-2007 09:18 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.