Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/186835-oso-bobthebuilder-go-key-west-cancun-key-west-record-jennifur.html)

mikebrls 05-19-2008 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder (Post 2562629)
Thanks Mike. Small correction - Check is payable to:
" The Jennifur Molter Trust " mailing address is:
IBR Realty, Att: Hans Haedelt,
Marco Town Center Mall,
1035 N. Collier Blvd; Suite 312,
Marco Island, FL

Thank's check will be mailed out tomorow .
also good luck with the trip i know you will keep all us oso brother's and sister's posted on any up date's :)

mike

Wobble 05-19-2008 02:24 PM

Mailed my check today, certain conditions apply:D

BUIZILLA 05-19-2008 02:48 PM

take PLENTY of fuel filters

don't drink the water either :)

cloke 05-19-2008 06:15 PM

BOB

Well you couldnt have picked a better photographer!!

I'll match Raymonds 2000.00
And get Jay to Email me a "One Of" pic and I'll throw in another 200.00

Be Safe Pal

45sonic 05-19-2008 06:20 PM

Good luck in this effort. First for trying to set a new record, but more importantly for a great cause to help out an individual that was hurt by a boating mishap that changed her life.
What a great undertaking and we do wish you all the best and look forward to hearing more as the days progress.

Bill & Patti

29Firefox 05-19-2008 06:43 PM

GOOD LUCK!!!:p

Bobthebuilder 05-19-2008 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by cloke (Post 2562913)
BOB

Well you couldnt have picked a better photographer!!

I'll match Raymonds 2000.00
And get Jay to Email me a "One Of" pic and I'll throw in another 200.00

Be Safe Pal

Alec, a very generous donation from a guy with a big heart. Your contribution in the original fund raiser was extremely helpful as well. I am very fortunate to have friends like yourself and so many others here on OSO. :D
I am looking forward to getting out with you on the boats this summer. Won't be long now.
All the best, and thank you kindly.:D
Bob

Bobthebuilder 05-19-2008 07:39 PM

I had a nice chat with Jennifur (that is how she spells it - Jennifur instead of the traditional Jennifer) last night and will share some of that with you. She extends her appreciation for what we are doing for her.
She has completed her 2nd semester at Edison College and has decided to work full time for the summer to earn some extra money and will resume College in August. She said she is working 60 hrs a week and has little time for anything else. While she was going to school she also worked part time.
One of the things that has impressed me about her is how well she handles disappointment. When we visited her ( Hans, and trustees John W. and John B. ) some time ago to tell her about Nate stealing from the Fund she showed no anger. She remained very calm and took it all in.
She also had to deal with a situation where her employer had raised almost $15K for "The Molter Family Fund" and because she was a minor, had no say over how that money was spent. She saw non of it.
One of the reasons we set up the Trust Fund was just so that very thing could not happen. We want to make sure she gets the education she said she wants. So far, she has not disappointed us.:D
Bob

tomtbone1993 05-19-2008 10:46 PM

very cool good luck....

cig1988 05-20-2008 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder (Post 2562643)
Great. How long will you be there? Maybe it will work out for you to see us. We are now watching the weather. There are two small systems heading into the Gulf later this week. One from the east and another coming up from the Carribean thru the Yucatan Straits that we must cross once we clear the west end of Cuba. It has the potential to delay us into next week but we will coninue to watch it.
Bob

Bob
As much as I would like to stay, anything longer would turn me into a homeless beach bum. Got to get back into reality for the the states this afternoon. Leaving the hotel by noon. If ya need me to check on anything for ya holler. I'll check here again around 11am.