Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/186835-oso-bobthebuilder-go-key-west-cancun-key-west-record-jennifur.html)

Bobthebuilder 06-18-2008 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ratickle (Post 2593463)
That can't be right. Obama and Hillary want our health care system to match Canada's. They can't both be wrong.:evilb:

I had a friend that had to wait so long for an MRI and surgery that the damage could not be repaired. :eek: I will not allow that to happen to me.:D
Bob

PatriYacht 06-18-2008 12:38 PM

Congratulations Bob, you have your very own offshore record. Not many people can say that. Take care of your shoulder, my dad swears by the Cleveland Clinic and he's a doctor. Ian

JB4Boyne 06-18-2008 12:51 PM

Bob, call me if you have any questions. I have a quite a bit of experience with this. Both treating and experiencing

salesmanship 06-18-2008 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder (Post 2593864)
When we got back I noticed that I was missing one of my credit cards. Thought that it maybe just found it's way into another bag which sometimes happens and was not overly concerned. Well after not finding it I thought the smart thing to do was to call my banker and get it canceled. They informed me there is a $3,500.00 charge the day after we left. I will not be held responsible.:D
Bob

Sorry Bob but I just couldn't pass up the deal on that new Mexican built VW Beetle. My cards were maxed out. I was going to pay you back.
TS

WARPARTY36 06-18-2008 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by salesmanship (Post 2593898)
Sorry Bob but I just couldn't pass up the deal on that new Mexican built VW Beetle. My cards were maxed out. I was going to pay you back.
TS

:evilb::drink::D I can see you in one:cool-smiley-026:

salesmanship 06-18-2008 03:22 PM

Yeah I got all nostalgic when I saw them there.

BTW since I just can't enough. I'm boating back to KW from Ft. Myers tomorrow for my "25th" birthday. After the 1035 miles in the last week it will seem like a walk in the park.

jayboat 06-19-2008 07:57 AM

Have a great bday, Terry!

Maybe NT should just go ahead and get a slip at the marina down there... :drink:

rchevelle71 06-19-2008 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder (Post 2592044)
Yes, back to Marco in record time as well. LOL Over 500 miles today. We took a break in Key West and came another 100 miles here. I want to sleep in my own bed tonight. It was a blast even tho there was a lot of tough going today again. Huge rollers and we were constantly changing the setup to keep the boat happy and then wham, a big un would hit us and we would drop down into a big hole. Over 8 hrs of that. Terry drove 80% of the time and did a great job of it. I had a fall when getting off the boat at Isla Mujures yesterday morning before we made that attempt. We had to turn back because of even bigger seas which we might have tackled had it not been for my injuries. I fell between the dock and the boat and would have been better to just fall in the water. My natural instincts kicked in tho and I grabbed the boat with my right arm and the dock with my left. I have torn ligaments and/or muscles in my right shoulder, cuts and scrapes to my right ankle, tore a nail of a toe on my left foot and banged up my left knee enough to have me limping along. When we came back in yesterday I decided best to see a doc at the Navy Hospital in Isla Mujures. Too funny. I will post pics when I eventually get time. No one spoke English and I do not speak Spanish. I had the lady doctor and nurse laughing so much. The bill was $27.00 and they worked on me for an hour including a shot which I told them was probably heroin and a wrap around my entire upper body to completely immobilize my throttle arm.
Would I do a project like this again ? You bet. In a heartbeat. But I think I will have a little recovery time first.
I will post more in the days ahead as I have time but for now, I think I will get some rest.
Thank you all who followed us along.:D
Bob

Sorry to hear about yer fall, and injuries, your right it is natural instinct to grab the boat, and Dock. I did the same thing first time I took the Pantera out, but of course i had a few drinks, and it is a little different being sandwiched by a 50 footer:eek:.

Bobthebuilder 06-22-2008 08:16 PM

Thank you donors to Jennifur's Trust !!

Additional donations have come in for our fund raiser for Jennifur and I would like to acknowledge and thank the following donors to " The Jennfur Molter Trust":

OSO Jassman
OSO Wobble
OSO mikebrls
OSO kenvik01
OSO Offshoredrillin
OSO THUNDERSTRUCK
OSO txriverrat2001
OSO Chasin the Deal
OSO bobthebuilder
OSO rockstrmkr
OSO cloke
also:
Mark Adams - Marine Management, Ft Lauderdale
Paul Huck, Kitchener, ON

If your name is not on the list and you feel your donation should be in our hands by now please PM me. We do not want to inadvertantly overlook anyone. I do know there are several more donations on their way and will be acknowledged once received.

Again, thank you!! :)

Bob

Bobthebuilder 06-22-2008 08:24 PM

a few pics

3 Attachment(s)
I do not have a lot of pics to share but here are a few.

1) the five of us out for dinner after arriving in Cancun

2) the 3 amigos out for our pre game meal prior to return trip.

3) Terry / Pierre / Bob prior to leaving Puerto Juarez for Isla Mujeres checkout Sunday.