Latest on Don Aronow Memorial Race >

Latest on Don Aronow Memorial Race

Notices

Latest on Don Aronow Memorial Race

Old 06-03-2008, 02:03 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been sitting back and watching this thread for some time now.... Boys, boys, boys this a great event, cause, whatever it may be referred to. So all that being said hike your skirts up and dig those old Apaches, Cigs, Shadows, whatever you have in the garage put them in the water and run....This is the real deal. This is truly offshore racing at its best. Apache boys this is where you can make your name.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The racer packet for this event is now available for download.

http://www.offshoresuperseries.com/a...k.2finaljb.doc
Old 06-05-2008, 12:05 AM
Registered

Boy, I sure wish I could bring the thunderbird to this race! This get together is going to be great! I guess that maybe I should sell it to someone who can properly use it and display it. I live in Colorado and its pretty hard to take it to florida for a two day event. Its pretty frustrating living so far away, I feel like I live in a different country!
Anyway, this boat should be there since it is the first turbine powered offshore racing boat ever built. It was designed and raced by Jim Wynne, and then owned and raced by Mr K. with Mell and Odell at the wheel and it basically won every race it was in during 1966 and 1967. I would really like to take it to the reunion, I have the time but I can't afford the trip. I have two kids in college, so I was wondering if anyone would sponsor or help with getting her down there. I have alot of work to make her presentable but would be willing to do that if I could get some financial help.
Wow, I don't think I have ever asked anyone for help in my entire life, but I really want to GO!
Old 06-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 226 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by 1965 thunderbird
Boy, I sure wish I could bring the thunderbird to this race! This get together is going to be great! I guess that maybe I should sell it to someone who can properly use it and display it. I live in Colorado and its pretty hard to take it to florida for a two day event. Its pretty frustrating living so far away, I feel like I live in a different country!
Anyway, this boat should be there since it is the first turbine powered offshore racing boat ever built. It was designed and raced by Jim Wynne, and then owned and raced by Mr K. with Mell and Odell at the wheel and it basically won every race it was in during 1966 and 1967. I would really like to take it to the reunion, I have the time but I can't afford the trip. I have two kids in college, so I was wondering if anyone would sponsor or help with getting her down there. I have alot of work to make her presentable but would be willing to do that if I could get some financial help.
Wow, I don't think I have ever asked anyone for help in my entire life, but I really want to GO!

Maybe Mercury Racing since it was a Mr K deal, or even Turbine Marine, as a way to showcase what they are doing with modern turbines in Miss Geico.

It would make a nice presentation for them that weekend...especially since Odell and Mel would be there.....what a photo op!!!
Old 06-05-2008, 10:34 AM
Registered

Latest entries that bring the best of offshore are Lorne Liebel as driver and John Tomlinson as throttleman in a 46 Skater.

Also heard from Steve Stepp today from Velocity. Steve is an old open ocean racer and this is the type of event that his boats would do well in. We hope to see not only Steve, but a few of the mighty Velocity Deep Vees.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Registered

It will be an honor to be on the same course as these guys
Old 06-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

chalk up a Top Gun in this race............
Old 06-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Registered

We have a special Top Gun trophy that is a monster......but it will not only have the "Top Gun" name on it, but also the winners of each of the other classes will be on it too.

This trophy will be on permanent display at Sunny Isles Beach City Hall....until the next year.... and then more names are added...just like the Indy 500 trophy.

Larry Goldman did the leg work on this and deserves the credit for a fantastic idea.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

http://www.offshoresuperseries.com/default.cfm

TV Commercial for the event is now online.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Trump International Beach Resort
18001 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, Florida 33160 www.trumpmiami.com
Discount Code = 10H4KG
Double Occupancy $249/night
1-800-340 9789
Newport Beach Resort Discount Code = OFFSHORE One Bedroom, Pool View $119/night 16701 Collins Ave. 33160 305.949.1300 www.newportbeachsideresort.com

Marco Polo
Pckage Rate:
PV PB OF
6/20 - 6/21 $103- $135 - $151
For All Sun. 6/22 - $89
Discount code - OSS Race
19201 Collins Ave., Fl 33160 305.932.2233 www.Marcopolo.com

Doubletree Ocean Point Resort & Spa Ocean View $155/night Discount Code - OSS Offshore Race - 17375 Collins Ave. 33160 - 786.528.2500 www.oceanpointresort.com

LE MERIDIEN SUNNY ISLES BEACH
18683 COLLINS AVENUE SUNNY ISLES BEACH, FL Luxury 1 Bedroom Suite $299/night Discount Code - OSS Offshore www.lemeridien.com

Fairmont $199/night Discount Code - OSS 19999 West Country 305.932.6200 www.fairmont.com/turnberryisle

Quick Reply: Latest on Don Aronow Memorial Race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.