Notices

600SCI owners

Old 05-31-2008, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Brent Medley
Is that the OL with the 5.0's on stock 525's? If not how are those 525's doing with those big Whipples......just wondering about the longevity since the motors are bone stock.
That was done for a poker run, but it ran so good, it kept going to others. The ones racing are in other boats now. Those motors were running fine, but customer built some new motors and took sc's, electronics, etc. all to new engine.

Dustin
Old 05-31-2008, 07:25 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

A friend of mine has 600SC's in his 51OL.... They just got rebuilt at about 200 hours.

Over the past couple years that he's owned the boat this is what I know.... 2nd season he had to replace the CMi headers, then rebuild one of the blowers, then one of the ECU's, then for some reason the engines wouldn't make boost and the belts were somehow slipping and a couple of outdrives and a partridge in a pear tree. He installed Teague drives and they haven't stood the test of time either but they may have been driver error....

When the engines were rebuilt they were in OK shape. He didn't need to do it but wanted to do it anyway and it's a good thing he did because one was about to drop a valve... Had it been started one more time it's possible the valve would have dropped...

The owner of this boat uses it EVERY weekend and maintains the boat with no expenses spared... He's had another 51OL before this with 575's, a 45 Sonic with 500efi's and bulldogs before that, a 35 Sonic before that..
Old 06-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just ran my 42 PR this evening with a new ECU program for the 600sci and picked up 4 mph and much better acceleration. I hit the limiter at 5500 as I started playing with the trim and went into guardian so I'm sure with another 2" of pitch there's another 2 mph to be had. All in all a very cost effective upgrade.

Last edited by dcrighton; 06-09-2008 at 08:46 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dcrighton
Just ran my 42 PR this evening with a new ECU program for the 600sci and picked up 4 mph and much better acceleration. I hit the limiter at 5500 as I started playing with the trim and went into guardian so I'm sure with another 2" of pitch there's another 2 mph to be had. All in all a very cost effective upgrade.

that was from just a reprogram?map must be way off from the factory,or maybe it has a electronic wastegate that lets it build more boost?Impressive #'s!!!

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
that was from just a reprogram?map must be way off from the factory,or maybe it has a electronic wastegate that lets it build more boost?Impressive #'s!!!
All Mercury supercharged EFI motors (except for 575) have boost control. Air fuels are very good stock so tune is good, boost/timing is very conservative.

Dustin
Old 06-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dcrighton

Who's ECU upgrade are you using? That is a pretty impressive increase.

How is your Doug Wright running?
Old 06-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The DW 43 is finished and turned out to be a heck of a nice piece so it was worth the wait. Doing some mods to the rudder box and extension and should be testing again in a few weeks. Since I have to wait on that I also have Chief swapping out the blowers for some of the new magnesium 5.0 Whipples and MOACs.....you know how it is 2 hrs on the water and you already want more!!
Old 06-11-2008, 05:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we have upgraded our 600 SCI
now 711 HP

An Italien Company cracked the PCM 555

You just need
cam change
pully change
and reprogrammed ecm
two versions available
one with limited torque at lower RPM for Bravo Applications

so far one of the distributeurs in the US is Raylar

www.raylarengine.com

Contct Ray for details
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
600to700.pdf (110.4 KB, 127 views)
Old 06-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Registered

I have cam and pulleys in stock. But reprogramming without cam/pulley is far easier than pulling that motor apart.

Dustin

Originally Posted by pokerrunboats
we have upgraded our 600 SCI
now 711 HP

An Italien Company cracked the PCM 555

You just need
cam change
pully change
and reprogrammed ecm
two versions available
one with limited torque at lower RPM for Bravo Applications

so far one of the distributeurs in the US is Raylar

www.raylarengine.com

Contct Ray for details
Old 06-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone know what the max boost on the 600 is if the computer isn't holding it back? It seems to me that a pulley and reprogram would be the way to go. I do like the fact that stock it is now rated for 87 octane. Just need a dual program--one for cruising/trips and one for high octane/boost max power

Quick Reply: 600SCI owners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.