Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   BVI Poker Run Pics (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/187615-bvi-poker-run-pics.html)

sommerfliesby 06-02-2008 11:59 AM

Expat's name is David as well! :cool-smiley-027:

Expat 06-02-2008 12:38 PM

mike, i'll be calling you later. i didn't want to call yesterday as i figured you would be on the water and whatever else and then may not remember the info.:cool-smiley-026:

Dueclaws 06-02-2008 03:16 PM

We absolutely love BVI and VG: rented a house there and didn't want to leave. When we were there, I spoke with one of the performance boat owners and he told us about high octane fuel delivery and cost :eek:.

Just for fun, will you please tell the OSO crowd how you get your high octane and what you pay for it and 93 octane?

We should quit complaining in USA....:drink:
Thanks!!
Due

sommerfliesby 06-02-2008 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Expat (Post 2577104)
mike, i'll be calling you later. i didn't want to call yesterday as i figured you would be on the water and whatever else and then may not remember the info.:cool-smiley-026:

Good call on that one! I was on the water, and riding high on Captain 'n coke! (and yeah...I wasn't driving!)

Expat 06-03-2008 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Dueclaws (Post 2577314)
We absolutely love BVI and VG: rented a house there and didn't want to leave. When we were there, I spoke with one of the performance boat owners and he told us about high octane fuel delivery and cost :eek:.

Just for fun, will you please tell the OSO crowd how you get your high octane and what you pay for it and 93 octane?

We should quit complaining in USA....:drink:
Thanks!!
Due

ah, the price of pleasure. fortunately, the two companies that sell gas ih the BVI only import 93 octane so that's a good start. i have 598 n/a's so it works fine for me, for now. last weekend it was $5.20 on the dock at leverick bay. looking at some of the prices they get on docks in the states, that isn't too bad. next year when i put blowers on these engines i might have to make other arrangements.:cool-smiley-011:

Dueclaws 06-03-2008 04:18 PM

I'm surprised that it's not more expensive: not much more than we pay in Texas.

Last week my wife said she wants to go back to VG later this year, so we'll be looking for a home or villa to rent.
Thanks for the reply!
Due

Expat 06-03-2008 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Dueclaws (Post 2578672)
I'm surprised that it's not more expensive: not much more than we pay in Texas.

Last week my wife said she wants to go back to VG later this year, so we'll be looking for a home or villa to rent.
Thanks for the reply!
Due

feel free to contact me if you want info about vg or the bvi. :cool-smiley-011:

JCG 09-17-2008 02:07 PM

Hey guys. Is there any way to know the approximate date of this Poker Run for next year?? I'll be working on a resto project and would like to have it ready to attend this event.

Thanks,
Julian

baja27 09-17-2008 02:31 PM

Now, this would be a great place for a poker run , it even beats FL:D

JCG 12-03-2008 03:39 PM

Hey, I need to find out about this Poker Run for next year. I guess it might be in June?? I'd like to know when they start working on inscriptions and who I have to contact for this. I would be going from Puerto Rico so I need to plan my trip accordingly. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Julian