Notices

Miami Beach SUCKS!

Old 02-25-2002, 09:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last time I was in Miami I spotted a car on I-95 with a bumper sticker that read:
"Will the last American leaving Miami please bring the flag?"

Old 02-25-2002, 09:45 AM
B38
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Yeap, I went down to Miami in Jan to go to the bahamas, ended up going to Pompano beach to splash. Miami just sucks in all aspects!!!!!!.
Try to leave without going through the slums, wow, what a teat that was. Prison Bars everywhere.
Not for me, nope. Mr. Bravo III
Old 02-25-2002, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

i'm with Too Old.....i like it. we had a wonderful time down there. i'd go back tomorrow if i could get away.

chad
Old 02-25-2002, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm understand exactly what you mean!! I had a great time and met some wonderful people!! BUT, I'm not sold on South Beach! The people are very rude! and speek english as a second language!! We stayed for 7 Day's and that was a bit too long!! One day we did take the rental car up to Fort Lauderdale and that looks like the place to stay!! It looked clean and more my speed! Plus I saw AMERIACANS walking around and on the Beach!! Then we went to Key West for a day and that was cool! A bit of a drive but well worth it! I could spend 2 or 3 days there but anymore than that and the Queer's would get on my nerve's! We also did the Everglades deal where you ride the airboats and that was real cool!! Worth the trip!!
Next time to Miami
Stay in Ft. Lauderdale
Go to South Beach for the boat show and to go out one night
the rest spend away from South Beach!!
It was nice to get back where people look you in the eye and say Hello!!
FunHome (just another Redneck from KANSAS!!!)
Old 02-25-2002, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We decided to go down kind of late so we had a hotel about 15 minutes away. Am I glad we didn't rent a car! We just took a cab everywhere we went. They were plentiful. It wasn't always the cheapest, but split between two guys it wasn't that bad either. No parking issues to deal with either. You just have to park your car at the hotel and cab it the rest of the time. The drink prices at Monty's were unreal but it's a tourist joint, no different than L.A. or New York. You just have to plan on pissing away cash. I was lucky enough to have the extra cash that night, but that would not happen too often. It was fun but I don't think I would want to live there.
Old 02-27-2002, 03:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

He deleted a whole bunch of them!
That's how the counts were going down yesterday...who knows, maybe still....
Old 02-27-2002, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I just tried to private Offshore only about how I could not find this thread, maybe this is what he was working on.
Is this the thread that pissed everyone off?
Was my it my post that started everything?
I still think the majority of people in South Beach were rude!

Brad Harrington
Bonner Springs, Kansas
Old 02-27-2002, 04:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I highly doubt it was just you, funhome...Read a little more into it. I'm sure you'll come up with it...
Although, i do agree with you!

It was a culmination of many things. This thread only being one of them.

However, It seems as though the racism is in the perception. (The one reading too much into it)

I, personally, have trouble identifying what, if any, one particular group could possibly have been targeted. There are many whom would fit the fine description.

Perhaps: It is he who's mind is in the gutter whom would interpret it as such. Hmmm...

Last edited by Baja Daze; 02-27-2002 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-28-2002, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow, guess I'm not the only unhappy visitor!

Imagine my surprise when I saw the replies to my Mia. Beach post, I guess it really is a ripoff. I hope Too Old is not mad at me for posting something bad about Miami Beach, I was just blowing off steam about getting the shaft down there, NO RACIAL SLURS were made or inferred. In fact I rather enjoyed the different ethnic groups down there, they had NOTHING to do with my frustrations. Guess I just get really P.O. ed when some jerk tows my rental van.
Paul
Old 02-28-2002, 09:05 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Rental Van????

Paul I should of known you were a van kinda guy
They have big winshields

Quick Reply: Miami Beach SUCKS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.